Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Who thinks Habus are over rated and boring?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Who thinks Habus are over rated and boring?

Old 06-19-2010, 07:11 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts
Default RE: Who thinks Habus are over rated and boring?

ORIGINAL: jetguy34695

i do agree the Hubu is more like flying the parkzone t28 or corsair if you want a small elec jet that is a blast to fly try the Great Planes ElectriFly Evader Ducted Fan Sport Jet.

I looked at this one a few times, but it's just not durable like the Habu, and if I'm going to have a small EDF, I want something i can goof around with, do slap and goes off the runway without wheels, a plane that if we hit in the air, we bounce off of each other haha.

That Evader does look good though for sure!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:56 PM
KFX450
My Feedback: (30)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think my habu is a blast to fly, as far as durable I'm not to sure. We have a grass runway and any little divet with the gear on will make this this thing tip, already been through a tail, and just had to glue the fuse today..Good thing the parts are cheap...
Old 09-28-2011, 10:59 AM
paul cov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Completely agree with LGM Graphics, the Habu is a great piece of kit, owned one for last 6mths, great fun!, why did,nt you do bit more research into your Habu before purchase?, one pilots great aircraft is another pilots bag of s**t, just put huge motor in it like most of you lot over the pond do!!.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Super Kupfer

I have over 20 flights now on my evader and its the best rush for the $$$, its cheap, very fast to put together, easy to transport, very fast for its size......just pure fun.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:19 AM
PaulD
My Feedback: (39)

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

If you're getting bored with your Habu, get an 85 amp speed control for it and some 5s3300 40c batteries. I have 2 Habus and converted one - haven't flown the 4s one since. Really wakes up the airframe. Speed must be north of 100 now and no problem with the extra cell for the motor, fan. I did notice the cg shift forward a bit but it still flies great and lands nose up.

PaulD
Old 07-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Pepperpete

Paul I found she flys way better simply by removing some foam near the back of the battery bay and moving the battery a bit farther back. Doesn't feel any different than the 4S at that point except the speed is much higher. Takes all of 5 minutes to complete.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:07 PM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You guys need to see the Tomahawk Viperjet, its ten times better than the Foam Habu and fly's more accurately out of the box, had mine for some time now and still enjoying it, if you are interested I posted about it here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10078599/tm.htm in the electric EDF Forum.

Mike