Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Which 1/9 or so F-15???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Which 1/9 or so F-15???

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 10:33 PM
pilot tw

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: Which 1/9 or so F-15???

Hi, noahb

if you are the beginner for RC Jet that I am suggest the F-15 , the F-15 is very easy to fly and land,

Best Regards

Anton
Old 06-24-2010, 05:54 AM
noahb
My Feedback: (67)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nah, been flying jets for about 4 years now. Just keeping my options open and see how all the jets compare to one another. Airplanes for around 20
Old 06-25-2010, 03:01 PM
noahb

Smaze, do you happen to know about how many oz the tanks carry? Have you had any issue with them leaking or not drawing down the same?

Thanks
Old 06-25-2010, 04:50 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Skymaster - not even close
Yellow Aircraft - close but nose too skinny
Avonds - dead nuts on scale

I would like to put all three on the scales and take a look at the all up weight. My Avonds with full UAT is 26#.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:17 AM
Shaun Evans

Hi,

I'm not seein' it! Our tail looks more scale to me, too. Anyway, how can you be more scale without wing surfaces? Point it out to me, experts! You know I'm not gonna say ours is more scale if that's proven wrong. Don't get me wrong, either. Their jet is absolutely magnificent.

As far as ARF's go, though, you can't beat an ARF that leaves the builder with no construction whatsoever to do. No wood to push out of the sheet and construct trays, no canopy frames to cut out, no canopy glass to glue in, no gear doors to cut our or hinge, no nada. And I don't mean some "Pro Series" business where they use rock-hard tubing and slop glue around in there like they're frosting a cake, then install things in ways that make a prudent builder just go back in there and uninstall so as to do it correctly. I'm talking an ARF where the "Almost" part means just install your equipment. So there.

By the way, Tom, thanks for the shout-out. I really appreciate it. I also want to apologize to those of you whose communications have gone late-answered or unanswered recently. I've been having a hell of a life lately with one show closing and another in pre-production at the exact same time, plus I underwent major surgery at the beginning of the month, THEN had my tonsils out yesterday (btw, I am seriously considering decapitating myself cuz that's the only way to stop this pain). Not to boo-hoo, but I don't want anyone to think I don't care about taking care of their service needs. If you need to call Charles directly (since I can't really talk right now anyway), just mention my name, tell him you're my customer, and he will honor my discount for you.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:28 AM
jedijingle
My Feedback: (45)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I second Shauns opinion on the Yellow F-15 kit or Arf. It is second to no-one out there. Flys like money. Get well soon Shaun. Jedi
Old 06-26-2010, 03:30 PM
rbean2
My Feedback: (3)

Noahb, I have a ready to fly SM F-15 in the color scheme you like. Interested in buying one already complete? It has all JR servos and 2.4 system. Never been off the ground - perfect. All you need is to bind and fly!

Richard
Old 06-26-2010, 03:41 PM
noahb

Possibly, I would not need the 2.4 as I fly Futaba fasst.

I will send you a pm and you can send me pics.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:46 PM
noahb

I seen a pic in your gallery, so yes that is the scheme I am most intersted in.

Sent info to contact me at and send pics.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:31 PM
noahb

Well, I have prob. narrowed it down to either the GJC Jet Legend F-15 or the Skymaster F-15. Would love to have the YA F-15, but with a turbine purchase and all, it's a bit out of my budget.

So, those that have seen both jets SM Pro and GJC what can you tell me the difference is?

Stuff like landing gear, carbon fiber in fuse, qualtiy, weight.

I would imagine they are pretty close to each other in general, but would like some opinion from those that have seen or flown both.

Thanks
Old 07-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Shaun Evans

ORIGINAL: Doug Cronkhite

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

Hi,

In the side-by-side comparisons I've seen, the Avonds is not more scale than ours.
Is that including his new all-composite redesign? I'm not saying Yellow's isn't scale, because it is VERY accurate, but I thought Phillip's latest was dead-nuts on.

Doug,

Put that crack pipe down! I just went and blew up the pics on their website and...well....no, theirs isn't dead-nuts on. I did notice that some of the detail in the rudder is better than ours, but overall, uh-uh. Their gear are less scale, and don't have the scissors on the struts. There's a stinger between the exhaust cones that houses part of the arrestor hook which is missing on theirs but present on ours. All the grills, panels and such are there on both, but the actuator rods on the exhaust doohickies are missing on theirs, but present on ours.

Also, the speed-brake, gun detail, air cylinders, etc. are add-ons whereas they are supplied equipment on ours.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:52 PM
jeanfi

AVONDS !!!!!! AVONDS !!!! AVONDS !!!
No hesitation !

JeanFi

Old 07-29-2010, 04:42 PM
c_makhija

Go Avonds if you want a well engineered kit, 100% backing from philip even 7 years after i bought the kit. No redesigning or reenforcement needed on your own and hours and hours of trouble free flying. And believe me you wont have to look up on RCU how to build, fix or fly his kits. Just mail him if your stuck and he will response with the correct information you need.
And considering the number of avonds F15s that have participated in the world jet masters so far, i am sure the kit stands way up in scale.

Chaitanya.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:39 PM
Shaun Evans

Hi

Well, the horse is dead in this case because the OP opted for the GJC one. You guys are right in that the Avonds is a marvelous F-15, as are all of his jets. All I'm saying is that as far as F-15 arfs go... there is no equal to ours. In my experience, the only people who disagree with that are the ones who've never seen them in person. Whether you're talking about the finish, detail, COMPLETENESS or flyability or scale fidelity, there is no F-15 arf out there better. That's all!
Old 07-30-2010, 01:11 PM
RafalePilot

Hello Shaun,

who is the dealer in Europe for Yellow Aircraft ?

I am interested for years now in buying a YA jet, but shipping is too high from the US to Europe.

Kind regards
Old 07-30-2010, 01:59 PM
Shaun Evans

Hi,

There are a couple of dealers in Europe (both in the UK, I believe), but they don't stock items. In effect, you will not save any money on shipping by ordering from an EU dealer. They will pay the exact same shipping (then, logically, pass it on to you) that you would. I hope this helps.