Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Axial rolls and setup differential on a 12X

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Axial rolls and setup differential on a 12X

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 08:01 PM
gonzalom
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Axial rolls and setup differential on a 12X

Hi Guys,

I have a BVM Bobcat composite that when I roll the plane 2-3 fast turns I am not getting axial rolls. I am planning to use the differential function on my 12X to give it some percentage. The question is + or -?
When I rolled to the right it seems that the left wind tends to climb faster...... other than that the plane flies like a dream!!!

Regards,

Gonzalo

Old 06-22-2010, 08:17 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
Default RE: Axial rolls and setup differential on a 12X

The live hinged surfaces requires you to increase the downward throw of the aileron.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:29 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The reason for differential ailerons is a drag issue called "Adverse Yaw" what happens is that the down going aileron produces more drag than the up going aileron and drags the nose of the aircraft in the opposite direction to the direction of the roll, hence "adverse yaw" therefore conventionally you would reduce the movement of the down going aileron, with top surface hinged ailerons the area of the surface is reduced as the aileron goes down therefore you have built in differential this may not be enough or may need reducing, all accords which way the nose of the aircraft goes in the roll, if I understand your post correctly the nose of the aircraft is going in the same direction as the roll, if you are sure this is not a C of G issue then you may need to increase the down going ailerons movement, but I would check the C of G first to see if it can be moved back.

Mike
Old 06-23-2010, 09:20 AM
Jack Diaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Gonzalo, roll while going up straight and vertical. Increase the drag on the wing that tends to fly faster.

Regards
Jack
Old 06-23-2010, 09:33 AM
gonzalom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you Guys!

I like very much Jack's trick and we will give it a try this Saturday!

Regards,

Gonzalo