Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

I broke the code !!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

I broke the code !!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 04:09 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I broke the code !!!

ORIGINAL: FILE IFR

Danno,

I've been thinking of getting a smaller gererator like the HW2000, or the Honda one that is similar.

I've seen/heard the small Hondas in use and they're SUPER quiet... is the Honeywell just as quiet??
No. They are a bit louder and run a little rougher.

Marty
Old 02-23-2011, 05:16 PM
f106jax
My Feedback: (16)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: FILE IFR

Danno,

I've been thinking of getting a smaller gererator like the HW2000, or the Honda one that is similar.

I've seen/heard the small Hondas in use and they're SUPER quiet... is the Honeywell just as quiet??

Mike,

The Honeywell is not as quiet as the Honda but is not intrusive. I usually put mine just outside of my tent area in the pits with the exhaust pointed away from the tent, and it's not a problem.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:28 PM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Honda's are quieter.... Sorry about your trouble... The key is use the choke. With the choke on it's pulling fuel only. 3 to 5 pulls and mine starts right up. I turn my fuel off and let it run till it quits after a session. So when I turn the fuel on, the system is dry all the way to the carb... A few pulls w/ chole on and it primes it self and fires off.

Regars,

Danno
Old 04-21-2012, 06:55 PM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, 14 months since the last post here, and 6 1/2 months since I used my Honeywell last... Getting things ready for the season, pulled it out, wiped it off, same gas as last use, turned on the gas valve, set the choke, 4 easy pulls.... started and purr's like a kitten... Smiling here !!! . Unbelievable !!!! Ready for action.

Danno