Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet-tronic Single Action Proportional Brake Valve

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet-tronic Single Action Proportional Brake Valve

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 10:27 AM
wd40
My Feedback: (81)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet-tronic Single Action Proportional Brake Valve

Can someone tell me how set set-up this valve Jet-tronic Single Action Proportional Brake Valve
Old 07-04-2010, 12:09 PM
sailing1
My Feedback: (134)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Jet-tronic Single Action Proportional Brake Valve

Set up? I just plugged mine in and started using it on my Flash and it seems to work perfect. I have it set up on a slider and have proportional braking plus full braking for parking brake. Not saying this is the correct way but just what I did on mine.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:21 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

see here: https://dreamworksrc.com/catalog/fdm....php?fileid=40
Old 07-04-2010, 03:33 PM
wd40
My Feedback: (81)

Todd, that is what I needed Thanks
Old 05-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

Been struggling with one of these all day, cant seem to get it to work right at all, and when I think I do it seems to put the air out no.3 which is the vent instead of no. 2!

Having a mental block now with instructions, for example - it states push button 2 x and wait two seconds, does it mean push the button twice and wait a minimum of two seconds before doing something else? or after the second push, hold it down for a minimum of two seconds??

Also it refers to changing the mode, what mode? no where in the instructions (english) it mentions what the modes are, I know from before that it is simple ON-OFF and proportional, but it dos'nt mention that anywhere.

No mention on the german Jet Tronic site of this valve (push fit version) only the barb fitting one (older/newer???)
Old 05-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 736 Likes on 532 Posts

MMM could write a book on this one!

The M-Single valve either works in switched mode (open/closed) or PWW where it pulses, this is what is called proportional braking mode...but
In the pulse mode the actual brake units make a difference,it uses LOADS of air, as some of the air allowed through, vents out of 3.
I like the M-Valve as a simple brake valve and use it in switched mode, on-off and just set the maximum pressure to a figure so the brakes do not lock....
I only want the brakes to stop it rolling in and out of the flight line and an emergency slowing method if something goes wrong...

The larger brake valve from Jet tronics is the better choice if you want varying brake amounts, or fit a UP 6 and good servo, the best brake valve I ever used!!

Dw

Oh! to switch mode,hold down the button and switch on...that switches the mode. Press 5 times in a row with it powered up to reset to factory. This is how I use it, I then use radio ATV to set.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:17 AM
Xairflyer

So no holding down for two secs
Old 05-05-2012, 12:32 AM
Dave Wilshere

To toggle mode? yes its about 2 sec you hold it for...
Old 05-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Xairflyer

Thanks but it was the two seconds mentioned for programming each point.

Anyway looks like a faulty valve as I had the led coming on and off with the switch (open/closed) but no air coming out so stripped the valve (removed alum base) and it appears to have been drilled wrong as there is no proper air passage to No.2.
Going to have a look at a working one to see if I can re drill it, or just have to buy another, this was meant to be new but came with a unfinished plane that is about three years old.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Dave Wilshere

After pressing, you leave it about 2 sec before toggling the switch to the next position, pressing again, leave 2 seconds (basically for it to log the stored point)

Dw
Old 05-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Xairflyer

Thanks
German to English translation usual clarity!!!!

Should read "press button once, release, then wait minimum of two seconds before going to next step"

Are these the new or old versions?
Old 01-09-2015, 03:58 AM
desertrat65

Hi Guys,
I have a PRO-HV brake valve sold by Evojet. I am having trouble getting it to work properly. When the brakes are set to off, the valve continually pulses which depletes the entire air supply over about a 3-4 minute time period. So as you would appreciate after I take off the valve pulses and I end up with no air left, thus no brakes for landing.

I have tried reducing the ATV's from 100%. At around 90% the valve continually pulses. At 85% ATV the valve appears to behave normally. On my last attempt the brakes came on but would not release.

Does anyone know if DW's reset above and mode sequence change works for the PRO-HV brake sold by www.Evojet.de?

Thanks Adam.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:38 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by desertrat65
Hi Guys,
I have a PRO-HV brake valve sold by Evojet. I am having trouble getting it to work properly. When the brakes are set to off, the valve continually pulses which depletes the entire air supply over about a 3-4 minute time period. So as you would appreciate after I take off the valve pulses and I end up with no air left, thus no brakes for landing.

I have tried reducing the ATV's from 100%. At around 90% the valve continually pulses. At 85% ATV the valve appears to behave normally. On my last attempt the brakes came on but would not release.

Does anyone know if DW's reset above and mode sequence change works for the PRO-HV brake sold by www.Evojet.de?

Thanks Adam.
Did you try setting the ATVs +/-100%, setting the brake control to OFF and pressing the SET button for 1-2 seconds, then setting the brake control to the full ON position and then pressing and holding the SET button for 5 seconds ?
Old 01-09-2015, 09:06 PM
desertrat65

Hi Wayne,
Thank you for your reply. Yes I did all the setup procedures. I contacted Arno at Evojet. It appears I inadvertently plumbed the air in and out around the wrong way.
All my fault. Arno at Evojet was very quick to reply. I am very impressed by their service.

Adam.