Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fly eagle 1/9 Rafael Video

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fly eagle 1/9 Rafael Video

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 10:29 AM
76Phantom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fly eagle 1/9 Rafael Video

If any one is interested, Here is my Fly Eagle 1/9 scale Rafael with a K80 turbine 18lbs thrust, plane weighs in at 19lbs. This was taken this past weekend.

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wd-GV-PbFg[/link]
Old 07-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Plautos
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Fly eagle 1/9 Rafael Video

Nice!!
Old 07-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Grodus

Looks like a perfect combo and the Rafael looks very solid. Congrats, very impressive

Cody
Old 07-12-2010, 04:36 PM
hooker53
My Feedback: (106)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man that K80 sounds great on that pipe. Are you happy with that jet overall???
Old 07-12-2010, 04:45 PM
76Phantom

Overall the jet is a great little flyer. Because of the added weight with the K80 it does not lend it self to fly slow. If you start powering down below 3/4 throttle it starts to sink. But this helps for landings, I turn on final with 3/4 throttle then chop it down to 1/8 and she settles right in and slows up fast.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:49 PM
hooker53
My Feedback: (106)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like you handled it very well. I would like to find someone that has flew this very jet and a Euro this size and see what they have to say pro/con about both. Thanks for the post. You have a great 1/9 jet.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:50 PM
DAVID WILDE

Hi,
I Have been flying one of the Rafales for two years now . We had one of the first in the U.K. and have about 90 flights now 30 with a P60 in which was a little under power and about 60 flights with a kingtech k80 which i think is a perfect match for this plane. I am still using the original pipe and the undercarriage is still as good as it was when we first had her. In fact the plane is unmarked apart from scratches on the missile rails.
It flew at jet power last year in Germany in the Fly eagle slot. I think both the Rafale and the F16 are a good plane for this turbine,
David Colchestera1models uk flyeagle dealer
Old 07-13-2010, 05:02 AM
rossi63

Nice flying. My FEJ Rafale with K80 is almost finish and maiden is closing in. How much +- throw do you use on canard, aileron, elevator and rudder? CG? Do you have any picture from turbine and radio installation?
Old 07-13-2010, 08:36 AM
76Phantom

I took the throws off the Fly Eagle web site to start with. The Elevator is set at 50mm up and down. The ailerons are set at 30mm up and down (I like more sensitivity on my controls) Rudder I left at 20mm left and right, As for the canards we started them at neutral but after the first flight we found that raising the front edge up about 3mm from center helps take off greatly, the canard throws we increased from the specs to 20mm up an down. The CG we set it at 120mm from the front leading edge. If you want pics of the engine install send me your email and I will send you some pics. Again to everyone this setup is how I like to have them, I like a little more throws on my planes then most people. I hate the feeling of a sluggish plane in the air.

Here is the starting throw setup that I used.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:10 AM
napaa01

Hi
I am flying the Flyeagle Rafale with a P-60SE. Iwould not say thatthis plane is overpoweredwith this kind of Turbinean i did a lot of modifications to be able to starther in less than 55meter runway.

What i did is following:

-Remove all Gear Doorsdue of the weight
-Remove the original main OLEO`s andreplaced themwith shorten ones.This allows a angle of attack approx.to 4.5 degrees witha full tank
-Remove Rudder Servo, it is not neccerecyin the air
-Remove the original thrust pipe and replace with a custom made fromJETTECH Switzerland to a single pipe(Gainof approx. 1kg thrust and150 gramm of weigt in the back)
-Replace the maingears as much as possible torward to the COG.the nose is liftig now much better
-Replace the main gears with a bigger diameter and harder rubber
-Replace the original Tank as much as possible to the COG
-Set COGto 135mm from the leadingedge
-Remove all unnecceary weight but beware the savety of the model
-No Hoppertank! use a bubblefree tanksystem like Platypus...depending on your own prefer.
dont forget to modify thenose gear that you ensure the locating pin is alway finding the center otherwise you will have a big suprisewhen you first touch the ground !

It is apity for the geardoors they are well made but to heavy andanother big issue are thy valves...replacethem with another brand.FEJ valves are not reliable.
here a video of the landing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVmjng61A0c

Of course somemodifications are not really neccesery if you have a long runway...but here in Switzerland we are quite limited with spaceand looooong runways....this was the reason for all this mods because wewant toFLY and not a expensive "RC Car" model to drive on the ground :-)

Cheers an good luck

Old 10-10-2014, 02:14 PM
nipmuck2
My Feedback: (52)

Thanks for the set up