Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

EVSD-5U-Pro Multi-Function Valve

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

EVSD-5U-Pro Multi-Function Valve

Old 07-16-2010, 07:46 PM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EVSD-5U-Pro Multi-Function Valve

I'm looking for some experienced input regarding the EVSD-5U-PRO Multi Function Valve. My unit is not responding to transmitter input for gear up/down. It works fine in the manual mode and the system holds pressure very well. The brakes work well also. I checked to be sure the transmitter is still programed properly using another reciever with a servo. That worked. Maybe water in the system? Even though I have a water trap on the fill valve.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:15 PM
Rush!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EVSD-5U-Pro Multi-Function Valve

I have the evsd-sq-pro.  do you have the system charged above failsafe pressure? it doesnt respond to the TX if you dont have the system charged above that.  For tx function check i had to set the failsafe pressure to zero 
Old 07-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Square Nozzle

I have the failsafe pressure at 50 PSIG and the system charged to 90 PSIG. I've re bond the receiver / transmitter, moved the gear end points to 100% and put in a new harness thinking I had a bad wire. All works well in manual but not through the transmitter. Brakes work fine.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:17 PM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

Check to make sure you don't have the failsafe turned on
Old 07-19-2010, 03:08 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Which Rx are you using and which channel ? perhaps you need a signal amplifier.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:35 AM
Square Nozzle

The radio is a JR 9303 with a Spectrum 2.4 module and an AR9000 Spectrum receiver. The failsafes are set in the binding process. When I bind the system I have the throttle set at shut down and the control surfaces at neutral. The gear switch is in the down position. The additional failsafe for low air pressure is set in the gear / brake module at 50 psig. During ground check I have the system pressure above 50 psig. Typically 70 psig in the shop and 90 in prep for flight.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:35 AM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know if my problem is related or not, but I went to fly my Tam F-16 and while taxing out the gear just retracted all by themselves ... I picked up the air plane they came out and locked as i picked up the plane, I checked pressure and all systems, all a go. continued the taxi out, back taxied for take off, turned it around to take off, looked down to start my timer....Looked up at it, Sitting on the ground again !!!! Picked it up, all gear popped out and locked. I shut it down and called it a day. I checked the data logger, all antenna's showed zero, with 7 frame losses, and no holds. How do you get any frame losses with all the antenna's showing zero ??? No body seems to be able to answer that question for me, even at Horizon. I'm scared of it now. I re-binded it with fail safe gear down. I haven't tried to fly again but will soon. Any Ideas ?????[sm=confused.gif]

Danno
Old 07-19-2010, 08:45 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: Square Nozzle

The radio is a JR 9303 with a Spectrum 2.4 module and an AR9000 Spectrum receiver. The failsafes are set in the binding process. When I bind the system I have the throttle set at shut down and the control surfaces at neutral. The gear switch is in the down position. The additional failsafe for low air pressure is set in the gear / brake module at 50 psig. During ground check I have the system pressure above 50 psig. Typically 70 psig in the shop and 90 in prep for flight.
Do you have a servo tester to use instead of your Rx for the ground tests ?
Old 07-19-2010, 08:51 AM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

I think I would be changing radio's!!!
Old 07-19-2010, 02:04 PM
Square Nozzle

Danno, I had a similar experience after landing. I thought my poor landing caused the gear to fold but now I'm beginning to believe the valve commanded gear up for some reason. When we picked the plane up, the gear came down and locked. Air pressure was not an issue. In fact if I had low pressure the gear would not have retracted since it failsafes down with low pressure. That was the beginning of my problem. Now the gear will not function at all except in the manual mode. I have plugged in a new harness, changed receivers, reprogramed the valve, re-bound the receiver and then plugged a servo into the gear port on the receiver to confirm that the receiver was sending a gear commands (signal confirmed). What I finally did was put the gear down and locked in the manual mode, dumped the pressure to below 50 psig (failsafe gear function level) and then went and flew. The gear stayed down. I'll be calling Todd to get the valve factory bench checked.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:55 PM
rcjetsaok

ORIGINAL: Square Nozzle

Danno, I had a similar experience after landing. I thought my poor landing caused the gear to fold but now I'm beginning to believe the valve commanded gear up for some reason. When we picked the plane up, the gear came down and locked. Air pressure was not an issue. In fact if I had low pressure the gear would not have retracted since it failsafes down with low pressure. That was the beginning of my problem. Now the gear will not function at all except in the manual mode. I have plugged in a new harness, changed receivers, reprogramed the valve, re-bound the receiver and then plugged a servo into the gear port on the receiver to confirm that the receiver was sending a gear commands (signal confirmed). What I finally did was put the gear down and locked in the manual mode, dumped the pressure to below 50 psig (failsafe gear function level) and then went and flew. The gear stayed down. I'll be calling Todd to get the valve factory bench checked.
Let me know how you end up w/ Todd.... He said I could send it back to him for exchange. but I hate to do that for a unexplaind glitch like I had. I'm gonna try again in 2 weeks, If it does it any more I'll send it to him. They are a great valve and it solved al my issues on my 16 with the doors. I know Todd will take care of any problems with the valves.

Danno
Old 07-19-2010, 06:22 PM
Square Nozzle

Danno, I called Todd and he told me to send it in and he'll check it out. I'll do that after this weekend. I'm going to fly the plane with gear down and the gear side unpressurized. I did that at Capital Jets in Albany NY this past weekend and all worked out well.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:30 PM
rcjetsaok

John, Sounds great !!! Let me know when you find out Todd's findings. When I explained my situation to him a couple of weeks ago, he said that there no known issues with the valve like I discribed... But like I said I have made some changes in the radio (fail-safe gear down) and rebinded the radio as well... Let me know !!

Thanks dude !!!!

Danno
Old 07-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Square Nozzle

Danno, I will keep you informed. It will be a couple of weeks. I'll fly this weekend, pull the module and ship it back on Monday. I'm guessing a week to get an answer back after Todd receives it.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:38 PM
rcjetsaok

10-4 !!

Danno