Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

ATTN: FUTUBA Radio Users

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

ATTN: FUTUBA Radio Users

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 02:59 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: ATTN: FUTUBA Radio Users

Mine is a 12FG, don't know about the 14MZ perhaps its in the pdf instructions? would seem strange if they have done this in the 12 and not the 14.

Mike
Old 07-19-2010, 03:18 AM
BaldEagel

Seems they have not given this facility to the 14MZ, but what I have found odd is on the two aileron and two flap standard settings is that one flap and aileron is not within the enhanced channels of the 6014 six channel settings, I suppose its no problem to change this in the function settings, but odd never the less.

Mike
Old 07-19-2010, 04:50 AM
Couch Potato

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: i3dm
Im not sure i understand whats so good about the new timer function, can anyone share their thoughts ?
BIG NUMBERS FOR BLIND OLD PEOPLE

I can see it now
Old 07-19-2010, 08:23 AM
Jeremy_D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice and easy to see my timer now onmy 12FG

I also like the new Hour timer. Can set timer 1 to countdow and timer 2 to record in "hours" the approximate engine run time based on my timer.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95142.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	1470150  
Old 07-19-2010, 09:41 AM
BaldEagel

It will also tell you how many hours you have on each airframe, this is handy if you don't change engines ofter as it will give you a back up reminder that a service is comming up.

Mike
Old 07-19-2010, 06:06 PM
BaldEagel

Another inovation, the idle down now works as an idle up as well, put this on your retract switch and have a higher idle on retracting the UC, makes for even faster responce from the latest fast spool up turbines without excessive low speed thrust.

Mike
Old 07-19-2010, 10:32 PM
paulhelis

can someone please post the link or procedure for the 14mz?

thanks
Old 07-20-2010, 01:13 AM
BaldEagel

Software: http://www.futabarc.com/downloads.html

Procedure: http://www.14mz.com/faq/faq-14mz-q864.html

Mike
Old 07-20-2010, 03:27 PM
rosek007

So after reading all the warnings about backing up files i went ahead and did the update ON MY 12FG without it, now my tx won't read from the memory card, It states model data is not read from memory card, any have that issue? anyone have the previous update they want to share?, help cause all my 14 planes are saved on the memory card and i have a couple mustangs and f15''s on here it would be a nightmare to have to set up again...HELP!!!1
iF YOU HAVE AN UPGRADE OR A SOLUTION CALL ME AT 813-418-0477
kEVIN
Old 07-20-2010, 05:06 PM
BaldEagel

I know this is not helpful, but may be useful to others, transfer all your models into the INTERNAL memory before carrying out this upgrade, the memory card seems to be formated when you down load the update, the internal memory is not affected by the download.

Mike
Old 07-21-2010, 04:53 AM
Couch Potato

Is there any Futaba software that allows you to stick the SD card in a PC card reader and save all the model memories to hard disk (and vice versa) ?
I'm sure there is but can't find it on the FASST site.
Maybe it's an option in the Tx conversion program ?
Old 07-21-2010, 05:37 AM
Jeremy_D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found this on the site

"If you use your card to hold model files, you will not be able to see the update on this card through your SD Card reader/writer, as these files are not Windows compatible. You will also not be able to see any models saved to your SD card simply by viewing this drive in your PC. To view any files or saved models on your SD card, Futaba has provided a File System Utility for this purpose. You will need to download this onto your desktop to view, move, add and delete models right from your desktop."

But i'm not sure if the program it refers to is the same one that was in the update file. If it is then I'm guessing you can view and save to your desktop???? Not sure. I'll give it a go on teh weekend
Old 07-21-2010, 05:41 AM
Couch Potato

ORIGINAL: Jeremy_D

I found this on the site

Futaba has provided a File System Utility for this purpose. You will need to download this onto your desktop to view, move, add and delete models right from your desktop.
That's the one, I will try and find it.
On here:
http://2.4gigahertz.com/downloads/downloads.html

Specifically:
http://downloads.hobbico.com/softwar...-09-15-FFS.zip

pdf file says its for T12FG and T8FG only
Old 07-22-2010, 12:55 AM
SpiderJets

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

I know this is not helpful, but may be useful to others, transfer all your models into the INTERNAL memory before carrying out this upgrade, the memory card seems to be formated when you down load the update, the internal memory is not affected by the download.

Mike
Mike, that is not correct. The CF memory card is not formatted again. At least not in mine
It would be interesting however, to check if the model data of both the internal memory AND the CF-card have been upgraded in the process ?
Can someone check that for me please ? (I do not have my 14MZ on hand).
If this is not the case, it means you should first copy everything into the internal memory, then make the upgrade, and then copy model data back to the CF-card (and from there, make a valid back-up to the harddisk of your PC).

Nicolas.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:12 AM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The Futaba docs suggest that model files are upgraded when they are selected for the first time. I have not done the upgrade yet, but am of course curious to see what others have discovered. For those who have done the upgrade, does this sound right?

Dave
Old 07-22-2010, 08:58 AM
BaldEagel

Sure does, the Internal memory seems to be unaffected and the models all still work OK, so I assume the aircraft memory is upgraded automatically, not only that, but the models left on the card are also still there and have been upgraded to.

Mike
Old 07-22-2010, 09:49 AM
modtron

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

As far as I can remember the 14MZ CF card does not have any issues with keeping the model files saved at the same time - I know that mine works ok for this.
But the 12FG uses an SD card and as different way of upgrading - I think it does get re-formated when you download the software update onto it ?
I could be wrong, but it is lurking in the back of my memory that this is what happens, so best to store models on the internal memory first !
modtron
Oxford UK
Old 07-22-2010, 10:01 AM
DougV

I haven't update my 12FG yet because its at my son's place, but I did the 8FG. to update the 8FG I used the same SDcard that I'm using for storing the models, and after it was all done the models on the tx memory and on the SDcard are still there.

Doug.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:12 AM
rolsen12

My 14 Has one featru I don't like.
It turns off from thim to time.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:33 AM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Can you explain?

ORIGINAL: rolsen12

My 14 Has one featru I don't like.
It turns off from thim to time.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:40 AM
BaldEagel

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

Sure does, the Internal memory seems to be unaffected and the models all still work OK, so I assume the aircraft memory is upgraded automatically, not only that, but the models left on the card are also still there and have been upgraded to.

Mike
Forgot to mention this was on a 12FG so it does not need to be formated before you download the upgrade and it does not format itself when you download the upgrade, everything on the card was still there afterwards also.

Mike
Old 07-22-2010, 12:38 PM
rosek007

for the me the models in internal memory were also upgraded and able to be read, what seems odd to me is only 2 of the models on the card could be read after the new update and the rest is unreadable. meaning i can see the models on the card from the tx but i can't load them to be used, maybe i'm the only person that happened to who knows...just my bad luck.
Kevin
Old 07-22-2010, 03:06 PM
BaldEagel

Kevin

Have you tried to mount the card with the Futaba Utilities software on your PC? there is also the Convertor to try?

Mike
Old 07-22-2010, 03:36 PM
rosek007

if you'r talking about model convertor it just enables planes on your tx to be used on another model...i mounted the info to my pc and then on to another card to see if it was the card that had a problem but same issue still will see the models on the tx but cannot load it so i can fly the model...suck cause setting up some of my planes are a pain..
Kevin
Old 07-22-2010, 06:45 PM
BaldEagel

OK model convertor did not work, what about the Futaba File System Utilities software that saves the files onto your PC?

Mike

EDIT: try this shortcut: http://www.14mz.com/downloads/2007-08-10-FFS.zip it will download a zipped folder, just open the folder and start the application, then mount the card from the top button and it should read the contents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.