Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Feibao T-33 build

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Feibao T-33 build

Old 07-19-2010, 03:06 PM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Feibao T-33 build

Steven,

He means 1 and 1/2Kg or 1.5Kg

Cheers,
Mark
Old 07-19-2010, 03:37 PM
mick15

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Mark, that's what I mean.

m
Old 07-19-2010, 11:19 PM
K.O.
My Feedback: (16)

I like your lay out but I'm concerned you may need a lot of ballast in the nose. I have the ACU, the UAT, fuel pump, fuel valves, receiver, Air Power air valve, speed brake and canopy servos and air valves all forward of the fuselage tank area. I also have (2)-4 cell 4600 ma 123 batteries for the flight pack and (1) 6 cell 4600 ma 123 pack for the ECU as far forward in the nose as possible. In order to get to 195 mm C/G I still had to add 20 oz of lead in the nose. I know it was over kill on the batteries but as long as I had to add nose weight I thought I use weight that had a purpose. I substituded the big center tank for a 36 oz tank. Total weight 45 lbs 14 oz. dry which I guess is heavier than most. Power Jet cat 160. The build is complete and 1st flight is schedule for next week. I fly off grass all the time and I'm hoping I have enough power. Keep us posted on your progress.
K.O.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Malcolm Kay
My Feedback: (11)

Hey K O . lets see some more pix of your bird..some long shots inside and out...MK
Old 05-15-2012, 06:14 AM
[email protected]

Hey guys,
Thought I would introduce myself as kosty and I have just taken delivery of my Feibao T33. I would love to follow your posts if thats ok as I feel I will learn heaps as you guys progress with your builds. I am a little new to jets this will be the first I will fly. I also have a Skymaster F18F Superhornet but thats for much much later on.

I'm thinking of powering mine with either a Jetcat P180RX or a Merlin 170. What are you guys using?

I am also equipping mine with the new Futaba S.Bus system and steering it with my 18MZ. What are you guys using?

What problems have you came accross thus far in your builds? I can see a few issues already and I have just unpacked mine!

I created a build forum on the TMMY 27% scale Cessna 182 TC Skylane which shows my aircraft and fit out if anybody is interested in knowing a little more about me. I started that forum after the build of that aircraft and am waiting for my new series 2 version to arrive and will then do a complete build of that.

Thanks guys.
Kosty.

Oh, Eagle Driver, where did you purchase the carbon horns and nice rods and links from? They look very trick and nice instal as well!
Old 05-15-2012, 06:23 AM
megafly

Very nice! [8D]
Old 05-15-2012, 06:40 PM
K.O.

Kosty

I think selected the P-180 RX is the perfect engine and your radio should do a fine job.

I fly mine with a P-160 which makes it a little underpowered taking off grass but other than that the P-160 is plenty of power. Does loops and rolls with ease if that's what you want to do.

I don't know what your flying experience is but I wouldn't recommend the T-33 as an intro to Jets. The plane will come in around 45 - 47 lbs dry ( others might claim less but I don't see how they can do it) I've built two and both came in 47 lbs. The plane has a heavy wing loading and if you get to slow, a wing will drop and it will stall. ( I know from experience). If you have war bird experience like a P-51 then you should be able to handle it ok.

Most don't use the big main fuel tank. The 2 saddle tanks hold 176oz which should fly you for 8-10 minutes. In place of the big main tank I put in two -32oz tanks one for fuel and the other for smoke. Don't think I need the one 32 oz tank for fuel but its there now.

I also did the nose mod with a removable nose cone to move weight far forward as possible and for switches etc. Check out the Skymaster T-33 and you'll know what I mean. The idea has cought on and I know others have done it.

If you need more info I'll be happy to answer any questions.

K.O.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:25 AM
[email protected]

Hey K.O. thanks for the reply and trust me I'll take it all on board. My flying experience does extend to aircraft like extra's and warbirds. I have a topflye 84" P51D that I currently fly. I am though a scale type flyer and aerobatics and 3D stuff does little for me. At the club where I fly there are some very experienced pilots who are good mates that I would perhaps take her up first or I would go on the cord for a bit.

When I first ordered the T33I spoke to Catherine about the removeable nose like the Skymaster and she said she would pass it on. My new jet arrived some months later but not before I noticed their add in Jet International stating that they were modifiying the nose and going to a full carbon wing. Mine was still at the dealers at that time so I contacted him and he offered to supply me with the latest offering if I was happy to wait for Feibao to modify the moulds and he would keep the first one in his stock. Oh, and at the same price!I couldn't resist so mine is Feibao's latest offering with removeable nose cone andcarbon wing.It's great to see Feibao take on board the consumers comments.

I have only just finished unpacking and inspecting my T33 and it is a very nice piece indeed. My only gripe to date is that the rivet and panel line detail in places is poor at best and non existent in places. I spoketo Catherine about that last night and perhaps they will take that on board as well.Probably 70% of it is good. The Skymaster is much much better albeit at another $2500.00! I'm sure I'll have other issues along the way but value for money....I am very happy.

I'm very undecided between the Jet Muntz and the Jetcat. I have heard that the P180RX spool up time is very poor...some 4 to 5 seconds plus which is much longer than the P160SX. One thing that has been bought to my attention when watching jet jockeys fly is that when they botch a landing they need power as quick as they can get it and I've seen many aircrft saved by the quick spool up time of the Merlin. I have however always wanted to own a Jetcat. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Interesting about the main tank. I'll consider that.

I'll post some pic's of my T33 when I get the chance. I'm going to take my build very slowly to start with (bet we all say that) and will fit out the stabs and rudder first as they look a little fiddly and time consuming. I'll use Futaba S9074B 20kg S.Bus servo's on the elevators. I have the option of the S9705B at 37kg on the rudder. Do you think the 20kg servo is enough on the rudder?

Thanks guys,
kosty.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:43 AM
bluescoobydoo

did you get the electric gear and brakes with the new wing and fuse?
Old 05-16-2012, 04:24 AM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

I'm very undecided between the Jet Muntz and the Jetcat. I have heard that the P180RX spool up time is very poor...some 4 to 5 seconds plus which is much longer than the P160SX.
This was fixed a long time ago - back in Jan/Feb.

All 180s are spooling up just fine now! All of mine have proven to be superb.

Rgds,
Mark
Old 05-16-2012, 04:40 AM
[email protected]

Hey guys,

Not sure what you mean buy the electric gear? It came withI guess their standard brake package and air operated landing gear. I wasn't aware of any other options in this area and they did send me the options sheetlist. I have thought though of going electric as the the air seems to give mostover here lots of grief. In having said that my mustang with it's Robart retracts have worked faultlessly for some years now. How do you guys see the standard air system on the T33?

Thanks for that mark. You have probably sold me on the Jetcat!

Kosty.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:23 PM
K.O.

I don't think Fei Bao provides an electric gear. A relativly new company called Down and Locked converts existing air systems to electric. I may convert mine next year. About $500.

The Fei Bao gear it will twist unless you pin the strut to the trunion. There is also a lot of slop in the scissors. I drilled out the pin holes and replaced them with small bolts. Sorry I don't remember the size, but they were only fractionally larger. Took out all the play. The way the gear is designed the wheel is side loaded. If you fly on grass not much of a problem but if you fly off cement the force from the wheel is all to one side of the strut.

On the brakes I found they didn't want to release completely. The o rings wouldn't completely recess back in the groove and cause drag on the drum. I tried all sorts of lubrication which didn't help., so I just removed one o-ring plugged the hole to the other side and it works fine. Still plenty of brake. In fact I can't lock up the wheel now.

Hope this help.

K.O.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:20 PM
johnls

K.O. Is correct regarding the issues with the gear and brakes. You can order a new T33, now ,with the electric gear option. I believe it is about £60 more. The air system works fine though, unlike on the 1/7th F15 which I also have. You will need to change the bearings in the wheels. They will break up after a few flights. I use sintered bronze bushes.

John
Old 05-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Pylon2

Hi,
Watching this thread with intrest, just got my Feibao T33.
John, can you contact me i did send you a pm.
Cheers Richard.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34309.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	261.1 KB
ID:	1763475   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95740.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	1763476  
Old 03-07-2016, 12:22 PM
Tohme

Hi

Below is the link with some pictures and video of the T-33 Feibao I built to a friend.
https://goo.gl/photos/f2peXfNdTX9Ywrgb6

Regards
Marcelo
Old 03-07-2016, 02:02 PM
K.O.

Very Nice Marcelo

Wish you many, many flights. Add smoke and you'll really awe the crowd.

K.O.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:56 PM
Tohme

Originally Posted by K.O.
Very Nice Marcelo

Wish you many, many flights. Add smoke and you'll really awe the crowd.

K.O.
K.O.

Thanks!! I liked this plane too much!!
Next step...the smoke

Marcelo
Old 07-17-2018, 07:25 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

I have one that should ship soon. What cg is everyone using and what motor?
Old 07-18-2018, 08:39 AM
Tohme

Originally Posted by tp777fo
I have one that should ship soon. What cg is everyone using and what motor?
I used a King Tech K210 and the CG found at the instruction manual
Old 08-29-2021, 09:35 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 158 Likes on 141 Posts

Anybody knows, what are the flaps setting pin this beast?
Old 08-29-2021, 11:45 AM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

I’m using old k-170 propane start and even on grass field, the cg is 210mm , flaps I have on 3 flight modes so I could trim them o separately doing flying only ones and the setup stayed there and working perfect, added special sequencer to close and open the center gear doors every time the gear moves so even when the gear is down my center doors area closed this setup saved my doors on many occasions specially when flying off grass
Old 08-29-2021, 11:47 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by sysiek
I’m using old k-170 propane start and even on grass field, the cg is 210mm , flaps I have on 3 flight modes so I could trim them o separately doing flying only ones and the setup stayed there and working perfect, added special sequencer to close and open the center gear doors every time the gear moves so even when the gear is down my center doors area closed this setup saved my doors on many occasions specially when flying off grass
Ok…..got a 210 and I have a sequencer for the door/gear…..so no problems there…and I have flight mode as well…..

What are the number for the take-off and land flaps…(not in the instruction)
Old 08-09-2022, 01:20 PM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

Those of you with FB T-33s, did you have issues with the retracts? Paint? Other areas that you’d caution me as a potential buyer?

Thanks,
Don

Old 08-10-2022, 10:07 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by highhorse
Those of you with FB T-33s, did you have issues with the retracts? Paint? Other areas that you’d caution me as a potential buyer?

Thanks,
Don
‘Build one last year….paint is not bad but I’m guessing the mold is really old, because like some others FB kit most of the detail was sand off before painting, probably to fix the problems out of the mold…I’m talking lines and rivets, panels ect…

The retract didn’t function too well, and is super loose in the Mechanism….at the time I suggest going Electron with the provided struts wheel…but we proceeded with the air stuff….I think it will be change over the winter

On the plus side, it’s a big model and fly very well with a good presence, so it depends what you looking for…
Old 10-14-2022, 11:01 AM
gapellegrini

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Landing Gear

Hi guys,

has anyone ever adapted a different landing gear on Feibao T-33?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.