Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Thanks Global Jet Club

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Thanks Global Jet Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 09:04 AM
kevinthoele
My Feedback: (1)

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Thanks Global Jet Club

Special thanks to Mike Lin and Cindy at Global jet club. I have F-15E that had a failure in the bearings and brakes on maiden take off roll. The left main wheel bearings failed and caused the jet to turn hard left into the fence. The nose of the jet was distroyed along with the nose retract strut, cockpit, opening canopy etc.

I found out from Lewis Patton that the prototype did the same thing only he was lucky enough to have been at a full scale airport with enough room to save plane.

Feibao was not interested in admitting they have a problem or replacing the parts although Lewis has reported that issue to them. I thought I was stuck with a $ 5,000 piece of junk!!!!!( Kit price only)

Lewis talked to Mike Lin at Global at Kentucky Jets. Mike felt bad about my plight and said, let me see what he could do. Although Mike owed my nothing as this was done through Wagner he stepped up and got me replacement items for a fantastic price....To low to mention.

I am in the process of repairing now.

Thanks again Mike and Cindy and Global Jet Club
Old 08-12-2010, 09:25 AM
KFX450
My Feedback: (30)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Thanks Global Jet Club

Customer service will always keep people coming back..thats what I like to hear!!!! Companies that keep this in mind will win in the jet hobby. From what I have seen and heard to many companies like to Fire and Forget products..They wont last long...IMO
Old 08-12-2010, 09:55 AM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While props go out to GJC for assisting you, this is another example of why no one should spend one penny with Fei-Bao. Wonderful job they did selling you a defective jet and when it gets destroyed on the maiden because of poor quality, substandard accessories that they manufacture...they tell you go go pound sand and make you buy a replacement.

Beave

Old 08-12-2010, 10:02 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Mike and GJC definitely appear to be stand up people, I've never dealt with them, but if I wanted a chinese jet I wouldn't hesitate.
What is concerning though, is all the problems that are being had with the chinese jets. Not only Fei Bao, but others as well. And problems that should never be problems in the first place. It's still time and money even if they replace airframes. I decided after my last chinese airplane that it was my last one, my luck with the chinese stuff has been less than stellar, I don't want to lose all my efforts into a model that is flawed from the beginning
Old 08-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Countryboy
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kevin,
I personally witnessed the wheel/bearing ordeal that occured with Lewis. To say the bearings were insufficient for an aircraft of the F-15E would be an understatement. Once Lewis dis-assembled the wheel/hub assembly at the field, I was astonished at what I was looking at. Only problem I see, if you got replacements that are identical to what you had... then you will most likely end up with the same problem.

As an added and an issue that you may or may not be aware of is to check the bolts in the stab pivots very closely. On Lewis's, the bolts were loose or not loctited and worked loose after the first couple of flights. The top bolts are impossible to access from the bottom, so provisions are necessary to reach them. I think Lewis ended up drilling small holes at the top inline with the bolts and then filled the holes once he had the bolts secured.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:16 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: Countryboy
[snip]

As an added and an issue that you may or may not be aware of is to check the bolts in the stab pivots very closely. On Lewis's, the bolts were loose or not loctited and worked loose after the first couple of flights. The top bolts are impossible to access from the bottom, so provisions are necessary to reach them. I think Lewis ended up drilling small holes at the top inline with the bolts and then filled the holes once he had the bolts secured.
Then Lewis had a stab flutter issue with the F-15E at First-in-Flight after he installed the Mammoth and had to make further modifications to address this...

Bob
Old 08-12-2010, 02:19 PM
sskianpour
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike Lin and Cindy at GJC have always been honest and fair to me. I think they are good people.
Shaz
Old 08-12-2010, 05:28 PM
paulsf86
My Feedback: (52)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Mike and his crew at Global Jet Club do a great job. They are always available to answer questions quickly and professionaly. They will even provide help to customers that may not have purchased anything form them. They do a first class job.

Paul
Old 08-13-2010, 08:21 AM
kevinthoele

I talked to Lewis and made the changes to the elevator pivots. No loctite and screws were not even hand tight. I had to drill holes in the airframe just to get to the parts.

On the wheels and brakes, I am drilling out the bearings and going to a larger bearing and axle. I am also installing brake bearings. You are correct that we should not being doing all the engineering for the manufacturers. Not to mention the wasted time. I see Lewis's 15 fly and I just want mine to be doing the same

Maybe my Skymaster T-38 from BVM will have better luck. Should be flying in a week
Old 03-11-2011, 09:32 AM
extra 300
My Feedback: (3)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

kevinthoele,

Could you please post photos of your elevator, wheels and brakes. Understand that there are a lot of issues that need addressing on the kit,. Have not started the build but pretty much worried on solving all the issues.

Appreciate your help in this respect.

Best regards,
Old 03-11-2011, 11:21 AM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: paulsf86

Mike and his crew at Global Jet Club do a great job. They are always available to answer questions quickly and professionaly. They will even provide help to customers that may not have purchased anything form them. They do a first class job.

Paul

+1
Old 03-11-2011, 01:46 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fei Bao and Jet Legend are FORTUNATE to have Mike and GJC. GJC is the only reason I consider their products.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:13 PM
kevinthoele

I have discarded the wheels and brakes and installed Intairco 4" wheels and brakes. Lewis Patton has pictures as mine are buried in the fuse and hard to get to.

Hope this helps
Old 03-11-2011, 05:44 PM
jeteye

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

ORIGINAL: rhklenke

ORIGINAL: Countryboy
[snip]

Then Lewis had a stab flutter issue with the F-15E at First-in-Flight after he installed the Mammoth and had to make further modifications to address this...

Bob

The final modification has been sent to Mike at Global Jet. My F-15 is now Mammoth proof (LOL)! My pattern plane being the exception, the F-15 is the best I've ever flown!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:43 AM
sskianpour
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike and Lewis are first class, top notch guys. I know for a fact since they are both working diligently with myself and Fei Bao to make this 1/7 F15 perfect, and I am hopefully receiving the new prototype improved model with all the correct structural modifications, and new awesome landing gear in a couple of months.

Lewis is super-experienced and knowledgeable and knows exactly what the heck he is doing. He went through his prototype FB 1/7 F15 with a fine toothed comb, has sent in all his mods to Mike at GJC. Mike is a consummate professional, he has taken all of Lewis' advice, and is coordinating it with FB to do all the mods on the production line F15. THEN, Mike sends the F15 to his factory at GJC, has it "ARF PRO'd" (meaning, fixes any left over mistakes) and only after it passes HIS QC does he send it on to me, the end user.

Meanwhile, Lewis will be receiving my new prototype landing gear for the FB F15 in a while, will be working diligently to make the darn things 100% better so they are bullet-proof (and NON-rotating), and then is sending the finished product back to Mike's factory at GJC so they can educate FB as to what things need to be done to better the product.

If that's not R&D designed to protect the consumer, and that's not customer service, and that's not 2 quality guys showing genuine concern and interest in putting integrity behind their name, then I am not sure what is...

I will keep you all posted on the results.

Shaz
Old 03-12-2011, 08:00 AM
extra 300
My Feedback: (3)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Shaz,

I am happy for you. My problem is that i am stuck with an older version of this kit which is still in the box and i would hate to loose it due to bad engineering or any hidden defect that cannot be reached....