Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Things That Might Interst You

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Things That Might Interst You

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 10:00 AM
Patrick F
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Things That Might Interst You

Hey guy's here are some thing's i have cut that I need feedback on and maybe marketing. Take a look!!!

1- UAT Holder
2- Valve and Switch tray's

Come up with your idea's send them to me and who know's

Pat Lasercut USA
[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	db85881.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	1488112   Click image for larger version

Name:	ge95477.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	1488113   Click image for larger version

Name:	ay75367.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	1488114  
Old 08-22-2010, 10:09 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Things That Might Interst You

UAT holder looks good but I would like to see a minor mod to secure the bottle. How about adding a front face to stop the bottle sliding forwards and a tab at the top for a Velcro 'hold down'?
Old 08-22-2010, 10:20 AM
Patrick F

Great, i am working on a front cover to inclose the bottle on all 3 sides,i am also looking at a price point at about $12.00 US keep the feedback coming.

Pat
Old 08-22-2010, 10:31 AM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Instead of making a front piece, what about using a velcro strap around it to hold the bottle in place. It will also help to secure it when one goes inverted.
What about cutting off the mount where I marked, may make it a little easier to install in some planes with limited space.

Last edited by bcovish; 06-07-2017 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:05 AM
marc s

Mmmm

marcs

Name:	Sq47840.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	1488136  
Old 08-22-2010, 11:07 AM
Patrick F

Great idea, give me a day to make some changes and i will post the new design tomorrow also keep the ideas coming and if you have any ideas of your own draw them out and i will make it work for you guys

Pat
Old 08-22-2010, 11:13 AM
Patrick F

Hey marc, i have bin cutting these for about a year now it was that drawing of the other UAT that made me think about what i have and posted it i have bin lasercutting for 12 years now and have bin cutting things like this from people like you who give great feedback and i try to accomadate what you guys need. Please feel free to contact me with your ideas and i will make them for you and maybe try to markest them

Thanks Pat
Old 08-22-2010, 11:23 AM
marc s

Pat,

This is already being made thanks, I designed the item and a friend cnc's them, I was intrigued to see your item so soon after I launched this one!

marcs
Old 08-22-2010, 11:33 AM
siclick33

Marc,

Yours is good but, as I mentioned before on another thread, for me it is too expensive. I also mentioned that I would prefer one made out of wood that is cheaper but you didn't seem keen. If you don't want to do it then someone else will.

I'm interested to see what gets more sales; a wood mount for $12 or a composite one for £22. I know where my money will go out of choice.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Patrick F

Hey Marc i did not mean to offend you if i did i am sorry, i was planing on selling some of these things and other items such as the switch trays i do sell the access panels through Dino at Meister Scale but for now i will keep these to myself.

Thanks Pat
Old 08-22-2010, 02:01 PM
K-A

Wood is a great choice for this purpose, no need to overdo things that are not critical for performance, and the pricetag is also ok for the wood type, for the other one it is far to high compare to what you get.

BRG K-A
Old 08-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Molar mender

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is the UAT holder that is included in the Shock Jet. Fits in the board perfectly.

Roy

Name:	Tr51556.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	1488262  
Old 08-22-2010, 03:10 PM
marc s

no need to overdo things that are not critical for performance
K-A Thats a matter of opinion, in my eyes everything inside these expensive toys is critical.

for the other one it is far to high compare to what you get
I don't set the selling price, I just made the design and had them cut, interesting that most people are willing to pay the incredible price for the UAT without blinking - horses for courses as they say

marc
Old 08-22-2010, 03:36 PM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

Pat,

This is already being made thanks, I designed the item and a friend cnc's them, I was intrigued to see your item so soon after I launched this one!

marcs

If the man wants to make a plywood mounts to directly compete with your fancy plastic one, so what? As the Doc pointed out above, others were here even before yours.... For some, Pat's will be an improvement based upon price, for others not. Many of us will buy neither and continue to make our own mounts for nearly nothing.

In the end it is the marketplace that will decide the merits of your respective mouse traps, not pettiness.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:47 PM
SinCityJets

HH,

Lay off of Marc. He is obviously the only person that has ever conceived mounting the UAT at a 45 degree angle. Therefore any other designs that mount the UAT at a 45, whether they came out before his or not, are clearly copies. I see Pat was also ballsy enough to make a switch mount out of plywood. Does your unethical behavior know no boundaries PAT!!??

Paaleeeze!

Pat, the stuff looks good man, and more importantly, priced right.

Chad
Old 08-22-2010, 04:12 PM
highhorse

Chad, Thanks for the heads-up.

I had been under the impression that Marc's was just one in a long line of designs which have varied from 30 to 60 degrees, always carefully avoiding the 45 due to insumountable technical issues.

Now, having been made aware that Marc's is the the first and only one to overcome the long standing 45 degree barrier [X(][X(], I must re-think my critique !

Hmmmmmmmmm. Thinking...........

Okay...after much due consideration, I still don't want one and will continue to suffer along with my own one-offs cut to either 44 or 46 degrees.

But Patrick, I wish u the best. Get Todd and Chad to carry them at a reasonable price, where the shipping cost can be combined with other items, and u will sell a ton of 'em !
Old 08-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

We looked at making a UAT mount 4 years ago...to go with the MAP range of mounts and clips, thing is good kits include something and many people just make their own...Marc makes lovely looking items, fit for an art museum
In my group we have a saying when it comes to all these little bits and pieces that weight "nothing" all those nothings add up to something! Big aeroplanes can cope with it, but most common sports models can do without any additional ballast!
All that said the wood item I like as it can be easily converted, notched and fixed, Marc's frame looks like it needs to fit on a flat surface, which is limiting-sorry Marc!

Dave
Old 08-22-2010, 04:14 PM
marc s

HH

I have no issues with a plywood UAT mount, and my comment was simply answering where Pat appeared to say he was happy to help cut these out for me, I pointed out they were already designed and cut - no more than that mate.

Chad, see your point, but I was more intrigued by the timing, in the years I have been posting I do not recall seeing many ideas for this product mounting, and of late two come along almost at the same time - just like buses!

On the price, as I said, I don't set that.

marcs
Old 08-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Patrick F

Hi Guy's, i hope you all can understand i did not mean to make a controversy of this thread, i have bin cutting ideas of different things for people like Nick Ziroli Jerry Bates and other designers of WWII designs for many years, some good some not so. The only thing i sell and it is not through my web site are my Access panels through Dino at Meister Scale. I will only decide to sell or market these items if the feed back from people like you,basically IF YOU WANT IT, I WILL OFFER IT.

Pat
Old 08-22-2010, 04:20 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

You guys do get excited about a simple mounting block.............. For petes sake if you are modellers wittle one out of balsa your self
Old 08-22-2010, 04:21 PM
highhorse

Patrick, relax brother.

You didn't start any controversey.

Nice mount, and I hope u sell a bunch of 'em.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:21 PM
marc s

Pat, no controversy at all, wish you success.

marcs
Old 08-22-2010, 04:30 PM
marc s

David,

The mount can indeed be side mounted on either side of the fuselage, or on a former as it has three mounting holes, I think this was mentioned in the RCJI info.

marcs
Old 08-22-2010, 04:46 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

I like the UAT mount, BUT the mounting plates just seem like a waste of time to make to me. I mean, i can make a plate that is custom fit to my particular model w/ the switch in the position i want, and the holes for the fill valve(s) and pressure gauge(s) in less than 30 minutes, and buy an entire 12x12 sheet of birch ply for $14. Just doesn't seem worth-while to sell something, that either 1. the modeler can make in a short amount of time. or 2. Is already included with the kit/arf they person is building. And not to mention, their is such a large diversity in what people use to out-fit their models in regards to air system products, it would be near impossible to make a plate for every possible combination available.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:55 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: invertmast

I like the UAT mount, BUT the mounting plates just seem like a waste of time to make to me. I mean, i can make a plate that is custom fit to my particular model w/ the switch in the position i want, and the holes for the fill valve(s) and pressure gauge(s) in less than 30 minutes, and buy an entire 12x12 sheet of birch ply for $14. Just doesn't seem worth-while to sell something, that either 1. the modeler can make in a short amount of time. or 2. Is already included with the kit/arf they person is building. And not to mention, their is such a large diversity in what people use to out-fit their models in regards to air system products, it would be near impossible to make a plate for every possible combination available.

I agree

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.