Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Another Dragon issue

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Another Dragon issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 08:49 PM
kberk222

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another Dragon issue

cool jim, just thought i would throw it out there, keep your head up buddy, when you get the dragon all done and fixed up, you will have a great flying and looking jet. see you soon at the field. i got the need for speed, time to put the prop stuff away and bring the jet out. later berk P.S started on your gas can let you know when its done.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:02 PM
kberk222

cool doane, dont know when we are going out but billy got alot of test flying to do. i should have my elan done by the end of the week. first time this year im amped up to fly a new plane. see you soon berk
Old 08-23-2010, 10:07 PM
SPLIT S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jim's Dragon is in surgery as we speak. Prognosis - good.

Dan
Old 08-23-2010, 10:25 PM
kberk222

im sure it will make a full recovery in the hands of DR DAN the fixer up man.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:54 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: Dave Wilshere

The window didn't cause the problem. I've had windows go (animal strikes!) and never seen anything like this.

JR/Spektrum does not have a lock out problem, I've used it since day one in 2006, never had one. I have 40+ models with costs between $100 and several thousand $, I would not use anything else. My friends who mainly fly jets have not had a problem, some of them fly a lot!!.
I've sold hundreds of JR/Spektrum radios through my business, to some very clever and not so clever people. I see and hear of very few problems and any problems could be resolved or proved and I can't think of a radio (Rx/Tx issue with JR and only a few on the cheap Spektrum park type Rx's). Generally its not the system, its the ''set up'' batteries, switch/power source, cheap leads or servos....people only ever give 10% of the story, so I ignore the threads talking about problems.
I'm gad you saved your model and hope you find a solution. What servos do you fly?

Dave Wilshere
I agree
Old 08-24-2010, 03:24 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Countryboy

Dave,

Could you please explain the numerous JR/Spektrum unbinding issues I have read about and personally experienced. Luckily, mine happened on the ground. My setup was using a JR 10SXII with the Spektrum conversion module and the AR9000 receiver with three remotes. Dual A123 2S 2300mah batteries run through separate Electrodynamics HD switches, no regulators. This happened while in the garage, and the system had been powered up for a couple of minutes. Without any command, my flaps lowered which was part of the fail-safe I had setup along with turbine shutdown... turbine was not running at the time. At this point, I had absolutely no link, and I thought ... what is going on. The link never came back, and it took a rebind to restore the link.. Nothing else was done before the rebind... not even a battery charge and the system worked fine afterward. I could not make it duplicate the problem. It's just like it chose that random moment to lose the bind. The plane had just been flown two flights the day before with fully charged batteries without issue... so low batteries was not the problem.

Ronnie
I would like to know as well.

If JR/Spektrum do not have a problem, why do we have to put up with a system that is so sensitive to instalation issues, before anyone starts in on me, I fly Spektrum and JR with a Spektrum module as well as the F word.

Mike
Old 08-24-2010, 05:41 AM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigplumbs

ORIGINAL: Dave Wilshere

The window didn't cause the problem. I've had windows go (animal strikes!) and never seen anything like this.

JR/Spektrum does not have a lock out problem, I've used it since day one in 2006, never had one. I have 40+ models with costs between $100 and several thousand $, I would not use anything else. My friends who mainly fly jets have not had a problem, some of them fly a lot!!.
I've sold hundreds of JR/Spektrum radios through my business, to some very clever and not so clever people. I see and hear of very few problems and any problems could be resolved or proved and I can't think of a radio (Rx/Tx issue with JR and only a few on the cheap Spektrum park type Rx's). Generally its not the system, its the ''set up'' batteries, switch/power source, cheap leads or servos....people only ever give 10% of the story, so I ignore the threads talking about problems.
I'm gad you saved your model and hope you find a solution. What servos do you fly?

Dave Wilshere
I agree

It just could not be sed better!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:16 AM
racer8297
My Feedback: (13)

Thanks Doctor Dan!

Berky, I won't be burning any grass this Saturday but I hope you and Billy do! I think Erik is coming out on Saturday as well.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:28 AM
Erik R
My Feedback: (32)

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Jimmy,

We'll see. Out of toys again. F-86 motor
burped on takeoff,lit the whole thing
on fire. Lots of damage by the time we
could get out there to put it out. Need a new
pipe for the F-16,but I haven't been able
to get a hold of Tam. Flying a trip right
now. Maybe ride up on my Harley and hang
for a while. Take care,

Erik
Old 08-24-2010, 08:41 AM
racer8297
My Feedback: (13)

Erik, didn't know about the F-86 trouble. Sorry about that. It was raining all day at my house, I didn't think anyone would be able to fly.

Jimmy
Old 08-24-2010, 11:24 AM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: Erik R

Jimmy,

for a while. Take care,

Erik
Eric i have let know Tam you looking for him...his email works fine

Old 08-24-2010, 12:00 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL : Airplanes400
Dearly departed canopy ... dearly departed jet....

response from: racer8297

Airplanes400, you gotta be kidding, right? I don't want to start anything but you are morbid.
Hi racer8297,
My comment of "Dearly departed canopy ... dearly departed jet...." was a joke. Everyone could see that. Someone even nominated me to be a Moderator for writing that line!

Somehow, I get the feeling you just don't like me. It wouldn't matter what I write.
I was just making a joke ... lighten up.

As far as the canopy problem that you guys are having ...
In a situation where the canopy keeps breaking, I think I'd be blaming those pilot figures ... I think the pilot kicked out the canopy so he could have a smoke. Either that, or the pilot figure in the rear lit a cigarette and the pilot figure in the front kicked out the 'glass' to get some fresh air into the cockpit.

If I were you, I'd change one or both of those pilot figures. They just don't seem to get along.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Shaun Evans

ORIGINAL: Erik R

Jimmy,

for a while. Take care,

Erik

Erik,

You really ought to give Jet Tech pipes a try. Much better IMO, and Gary stands behind the product much better, too.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:04 AM
Erik R
My Feedback: (32)

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Shaun,
I hope you are well. You're the SOB
who started me in this mess by selling
me that starfire 10 hrs ago. Gary's a great guy.
I have dealt with him for fuel tanks in the past.
Actually,Kerry Sterner is going to repair the pipe
for me. It blistered near the standoffs,due to a
fire belching old Ram 750 hot starting a few times.
Take care,

Erik
Old 08-25-2010, 03:40 AM
PHIL GREENO

I agree with Dave Wilshere nothing wrong with JR/Spektrum 2.4ghz system.Dave is a fly-aholic with dozens of models and he is always the first in the air at any jet meet flying all day until we are slung off,he flys most weekends all through the year.If there was a real problem with the JR/Spektrum DSM2 system then by law of averages he woud not have a model left by now.I have sold too many Spektrum 2.4ghz sets/recveivers over the last four years to count in my retail shop with very little problems.One Guy who flys helis bought the first DX7 I had in stock he too has had over 10 helis at one time flys, every weekend and during the week on days off no problems in three years.

Now back to the question of the broken canopy.There is one way to cure this problem so you will never have a cracked or smashed canopy ever.Manufactureres should mould their Jet model canopys from polycarbonate(LEXAN) not cheap acetate or buytrate material.The model car boys have been using clear polycarbonate for model carbodys for over 30 years I know I raced nitro cars internationaly for 15 years.Polycarbonate is tuff realy tuff,you can hit it with hammer and nothing happens,it will just dent not smash or splinter.Only in very cold conditions(below freezing) does it become more brittle.Polycarbonate is used for riot sheilds,bullet proof glass,car head lights,smash proof glass in telephone booths etc.We pay up to on average £2000-£3000($5000.00) for our airframes alone so why cut corners on cheap canopy material.I know because a customer knocked the canopy of my Comp-Arf Hawk off the counter a few weeks ago and cracked the glass,I was mad,but if it had been moulded from polycarbonate it would have just bounced.

Phil Greeno.