Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Its BIG and its started.......

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Its BIG and its started.......

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 01:03 PM
marc s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Its BIG and its started.......

We are indeed going to kit it (single or twin turbine versions)
Testing in New Year with a view to having kits around May-June time....

marcs
Old 11-25-2010, 01:58 PM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: marc s

We are indeed going to kit it (single or twin turbine versions)
Testing in New Year with a view to having kits around May-June time....

marcs
Thanks Marcs
better start praaying
Old 11-25-2010, 02:56 PM
loucel-RCU
My Feedback: (57)

Good Job!

Alex, what is the status on the parts I ordered and pay for?? still waiting..........
please give me an update
Thanks
Old 02-03-2011, 04:52 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

5 months later, still no pipe. Sir, please just send me back the Skymaster F4 Phantom pipe that I sent you. Or paypal me the funds so I can replace this pipe (which was brand new btw) that I sent you. No more excuses. Its been over a year. Have you no honor? Are you related to Shirley?

Andy
-
PM from Alex to me in November:
Inbox
To: AndyAndrews
Date: 11/4/2010 6:46 PM
Subject: Alex

Andy,

The parcel only has left in a way!
You need to wait a little.
Once again I ask for such long delay!
Question, you take a great interest for a long time Jet hobby?

Alex
-
Old 02-03-2011, 04:56 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

5 months later, still no pipe. Sir, please just send me back the Skymaster F4 Phantom pipe that I sent you. Or paypal me the funds so I can replace this pipe (which was brand new btw) that I sent you. No more excuses. Its been over a year. Have you no honor? Are you related to Shirley?

Andy
Dude, that is wacked! Time to put away the big toy for awhile and get Andy his pipe! These guys seem like ones to stay away from...

Bob
Old 02-03-2011, 06:25 AM
marc s

Andy, I will have a word with Alex later today, its not my thing but as I do deal with him I will see what can be done.
I have to say its strange nothing has arrived as since your pipe was requested I personally have received over 20 pipes for various projects including a complex unit for a big Blackbird, all arrived fine between 10 and 20 days from shipping.
Just emailed Alex so hopefully he will be in touch.

Time to put away the big toy for awhile and get Andy his pipe!
Bob really has nothing to do with this at all, and I can assure you there are very happy customers out there with products from as you call it 'these guys'.

marcs
Old 02-03-2011, 07:16 AM
loucel-RCU

Wow Andy,
it looks like copy and paste!!
here us what I got from Alex

Roberto,

The parcel only has left in a way!
You need to wait a little.
Once again I ask for such long delay!
Question, you take a great interest for a long time Jet hobby?

Alex

Вы писали 1 листопада 2010 р., 17:41:11:

Marc, can you give us a hand???
Regards
Roberto
Old 02-03-2011, 07:26 AM
marc s

Roberto, happy to if I can, please PM me the details of what, when and any other important info and I will ask some questions.

marcs
Old 02-03-2011, 07:34 AM
loucel-RCU

Marc,
sent you a pm with all the info
Thanks
Roberto
Old 02-03-2011, 08:14 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: marc s

Andy, I will have a word with Alex later today, its not my thing but as I do deal with him I will see what can be done.
I have to say its strange nothing has arrived as since your pipe was requested I personally have received over 20 pipes for various projects including a complex unit for a big Blackbird, all arrived fine between 10 and 20 days from shipping.
Just emailed Alex so hopefully he will be in touch.

Time to put away the big toy for awhile and get Andy his pipe!
Bob really has nothing to do with this at all, and I can assure you there are very happy customers out there with products from as you call it 'these guys'.

marcs
Well, Andy has been around here for awhile, seems like a straight up guy (as do you) and he's clearly having a problem with "these guys" that isn't being delt with through the normal channels, so he expressed his problem and displeasure here. That being the case, I'm free to offer my opinion on it as well, and my opinion is, if "these guys" have had Andy's pipe for over a year, have sent you over 20 pipes in the interim, and have had the time to develop with a new kit straight from a plug, and Andy *still* hasn't gotten anything, then their priorities are screwed up and they need to do something about it...

Bob
Old 02-03-2011, 08:30 AM
marc s

Bob, I do not make a habit of x-chat, obviously they have had issues, naturally I am concerned and trying to help, but also there may be two sides to the story - something I need to check on first.
I'll do my best to resolve the issues for these guys, so just give us some time to get to the bottom of it.

marcs
Old 09-10-2018, 02:21 AM
marc s

So 7 years have passed and I wanted to share a video of the first twin turbine flight of this epic model.

Last Jetpower two young guys rocked up to my stand and introduced themselves, they were from the Ukraine and had travelled to the show to meet me and update me on this long standing project - SKYFOX.

SKYFOX as you can see from the thread has been a long and tough project, my two friends Alex and Sergey who agreed to make the jet after I came across it in a book about T33's spent hours of their time making the plugs and two fuselages, the project was done with minimal funding but they worked tirelessly for months overcoming issues with damaged moulds etc. The final outcome was a moulded kit, it was not complete but the main fuselage was done and required landing gear and canopy. Having displayed the 'kit' at Jetpower a few years back the project ground to a halt, Alex found employment and I lost contact with him and Sergey. Last year at JP my two visitors were able to update me on the SKYFOX project.

Sadly Sergey had passed away, he had been ill for some time and with him went most of the amazing technical skills behind the project, the good news was that one of the 'visitors' was Sergey's son who had picked up the project and was running with it to get it flying.

I wont bore you with the detail but the link below is the FIRST test flight of the SKYFOX with twin turbines, still much to do but the platform flies and I'm amazed to see the results have resulted in a stable nice flying prototype. I've the original kit still in my loft, available to anyone who fancies a 'project', if its something you might be interested in PM me to chat. What will transpire from the work being done in the Ukraine I'm not entirely sure, the fact that this unique jet, a derivative of the T33 and the subject of an interesting legal wrangle between the designer/owner and Boeing who wanted to put the jet into production makes interesting reading in itself.

I'll post more as I get info but for now here is the link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SOF...cp_NPXeQo/view

marcs