Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JMP Hustler

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JMP Hustler

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 02:51 PM
hofer

Received 52 Likes on 26 Posts
Default JMP Hustler

Hi jet-fans,

I just received a complete Hustler kit from Tom Cook and once more I am blown away by the stuff that Tom produces !
After exchanching several e-mails with him the kit content was specifically customized to my neeeds and the package arrived here at my
place perfectly arranged and in superb condition !
After visiting Tom personally in Belton MO in his shop several weeks ago I know now what amount of engineering and hands on work go into each and every plane
that he produces ! And if I say he,I really mean him personally ! He is doing all that work with his own hands down to the smallest detail ! Unbelievable !
As I have built and do fly his famous Firebird regularly it is a fact that the final products out of his stable do perform to the highest standards and remain doing so for many many
flights and years to come.They are built to last ! ( His two personal jets are the first Firebird/Hustler produced and are still in wonderful condition )
I know that some others stated the same thoughts on Tom and Susan of JMP before but nevertheless I feel really obliged to express it once more !! Guys like these two are not only
hard to find in our hobby-business but in every business !

Looking forward to another satisfying build !
See you from Switzerland
Hans
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33481.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	1495728  
Old 09-05-2010, 03:44 PM
modeljet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JMP Hustler

Your right ,Tom and Susan class act,here's mine (hustler)
Ron

Name:	Bz78060.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	1495753  
Old 09-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Tom is a great guy to discuss anything about the hobby, even if it has nothing to do with his own products, he always answers the phone and will answer any question you may have. His jets are top shelf.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:50 PM
RENO
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hanz,

I agree totally with your comments, however you missed one very important fact!!
Sue makes the best tea in the universe!!

Skeet
Old 09-07-2010, 01:24 PM
felker14
My Feedback: (50)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You should do a build thread on the Hustler. What will you be using for engine? Will you be using Weatronics RX?
Old 09-08-2010, 02:46 PM
hofer

Received 52 Likes on 26 Posts

Hi felker14,

Build thread ,why not !

At least I will post some pictures of the special details I intend to do !
Set up can not be other than a very clean AMT pegasus ! All those cables and wires have to be taken out of the airstream in a nice way.(Especially here where the engine
is exposed to the purists eyes !)
I already talked to Benny about it and he will customize this Peggy for my needs .
Electronically, yes it will have a weatronic 12-22R gyroIII GPS as Firebird has ! After flying this unit in Firebird and be able to download all the datas after flying,
you will get addicted to that device ! A whole new world of aircraft-modelling !( so I know that I have done some 280mph,flown away some .7miles from my position,
lift off at 65mph and touch down at around 55 mph ! )
Also the option to have 3-axis gyro-stabilisation is sensational. (even tough weatronic has still to create a manual to adjust and programm these gyros correctly ).
I spent some hours to get it done ( I have programmed many gyros during my 15 years of heli-flying but I can still not figure out how their Heading hold mode
shall function ) Normal mode is now programmed with propotional blend out of sensivity to stick defletion.That works great and after 8 flights with Firebird,
finetuning is almost complete.The model is just incredible to fly ( rock solid around neutral and then very agile with stick inputs )
I know Hustler will reach up to it !

enjoy your time
Hans

Name:	Ca82320.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	250.1 KB
ID:	1497393   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51025.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	238.6 KB
ID:	1497394  
Old 09-08-2010, 08:42 PM
felker14
My Feedback: (50)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking forward to seeing your install. If your running smoke on it run the nozzles thru body like Tom did. It makes for clean look. I've had the 72mhz Weatronics RX's and they are outstanding. I'm trying to convert Grampa Tom to Futaba transmitter and Weatronics for his Dauntless. I'm lucky in the fact I'm only about 25 minutes from Tom's shop.
Kris