RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10016814-c-arf-ultra-flash-build-thread-video.html)

ricardinho 01-20-2011 04:39 AM

RE: C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video

hello any ideas on pilot sizes for this plane. i was thinking something funny not scale... thanks pat

Dave Wilshere 01-20-2011 06:58 AM

Slimline Xtreme pilots are about the right size.

raptorlogo 01-20-2011 10:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: ricardinho

hello any ideas on pilot sizes for this plane. i was thinking something funny not scale... thanks pat
Hi Pat,

Mickey Mouse is the fastest funny pilot for the Flash !

Alain

ricardinho 01-20-2011 10:10 AM

very cute...i like that

mtnflyer14 01-21-2011 06:20 AM

The axle bolts that came with my C-36/2 Behotec retracts are about 1/4" too long in the smooth axle part, such that the 1/4" threads (not 6mm unfortunately) bottom out in the strut before the head on the axle bolt comes up against the wheel rim. End result is that the wheel rim is 1/4" away from seating up against the brake assembly - ususable. Ray Lobonte (Comp-ARF rep) is trying to get the correct axles, but I will soon run out of time to be ready for the Speedworld/Desert Storm fly-in in Phoenix 11-13 February.
So, the question is, does anybody know if an airframe bolt with the correct 13/16" grip length (smooth, unthreaded part of the bolt) would be okay to substitute for an axle? I'm just not sure about the hardness/strength of the airframe bolts and can't find any info online about that. Just wondering if anyone else had used them. Thanks!
I will post some pics this evening of the pneumatic/electronics layout I used in the fuselage. I think it will be fairly efficient and accessible.
Regards,
Mark

mtnflyer14 01-23-2011 07:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A few pictures on where I put the components in the fuselage. Generally, the ECU, solenoids and pneumatic stuff is on the left side, retract and brake valves and servos on right, Smart-Fly Power Expander in center in front of the UAT. The last picture shows where I had to relieve a little of the bulkhead and remove the nosewheel steering retract mechanism to get the air tank into the nose.
Regards,
Mark

ricardinho 01-23-2011 07:31 AM

looks very nice..

Dave Wilshere 01-23-2011 08:25 AM

ORIGINAL: mtnflyer14

A few pictures on where I put the components in the fuselage. Generally, the ECU, solenoids and pneumatic stuff is on the left side, retract and brake valves and servos on right, Smart-Fly Power Expander in center in front of the UAT. The last picture shows where I had to relieve a little of the bulkhead and remove the nosewheel steering retract mechanism to get the air tank into the nose.
Regards,
Mark

Mark, looking good and nearly there!

I think the threads are M6 and can be cut using a die to sort the issue.

Dw

dubd 01-23-2011 08:51 AM

Mark, which rep did you order the plane from?

igorcar 01-23-2011 03:55 PM

Hello I got mine with David Shulman!

ricardinho 01-23-2011 04:07 PM

igorcar tuda bom!!!.. have you started assembly.. ricardinho

overnout 01-23-2011 05:17 PM

Anyone know if C-ARF plans to come-out with additional paint schemes? I like boring colour schemes and although I like the Blue Angel scheme I figure it would be hard to see in a blue sky. I liked they Thunderbird scheme on the old flash.

Cheers

ricardinho 01-23-2011 05:30 PM

i am sure they could do a thunderbird scheme because they already have it. you will have to check with a rep to see if there going to offer custom schemes...

gooseF22 01-25-2011 07:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)

i am sure they could do a thunderbird scheme because they already have it. you will have to check with a rep to see if there going to offer custom schemes...
I just emailed Ray if I could get the wings/tail upgrade for my Tbird... will let you know.. I hope so!!!!..

Wouldn't this look sweet with a swept wing?

gooseF22 01-25-2011 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)

I know you wanted funny but 1/7th is the scale of the flash. Its kinda inbetween most sizes I found. I cut down a 1/6 scale pilot. the cockpit is a 1/8 scale F-18 cockpit as you can see its gotta a big head.. (like me);)

The 1/6 scale pilot is 12 inches, so Im guessing a 10 inch tall doll or so

Ragz 01-25-2011 10:23 PM

We test flew my Ultra flash last weekend.  Its has a classic P120 from 5 years ago.  IMHO, this is the smoothest nicest flying aircraft I have ever owned... and I have owned a lot.<div>
</div><div>Cheers</div><div>Anurag</div>

Dave Wilshere 01-25-2011 11:42 PM

Anurag

That's great! it is smooth for sure. We have a few being finished at this time ready for the season ahead.

Colour schemes-most are available to order, the red Cheque scheme is available for sure, I've ordered a colour swop (same scheme different colours) talk with your reps and they can sort most things. But yes the T Bird scheme will suit it!

Dw

ricardinho 01-26-2011 04:22 AM

goose that cockpit looks awesome.. i love the thunderbird scheme.....

canenr 01-27-2011 02:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Look what showed up at my front door!

ricardinho 01-27-2011 02:55 PM

oh boy!!!!! mine should be here next week ... how she look?

Dave Wilshere 01-27-2011 03:17 PM

ORIGINAL: canenr

Look what showed up at my front door!
Cool, just needs some Motors & Rotors stickers:D
What equipment did you decide on?

Dw

canenr 01-27-2011 03:28 PM

Just like my CARF Eurosport, beautiful kit. Comes with everything and excellent fit. Thank you Andy Kane.

canenr 01-27-2011 03:32 PM

So far the plan is: Jet Central Cheetah turbine 31lbs
JR8411 servos all around
Dreamworks ProLink struts and wheels
Futaba 12Z radio

Dave Wilshere 01-27-2011 03:57 PM

It will rock with a 31lb thrust turbine.

Dave

skynet33 01-27-2011 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally got my UF last week after a 3 1/2 month wait, but all I can say is it was well worth the wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D