RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   New Large Mirage F-1 from Topmodel (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10070207-new-large-mirage-f-1-topmodel.html)

Rider-60 10-15-2010 10:04 AM

New Large Mirage F-1 from Topmodel

1 Attachment(s)
Looks impressive, this is their first jetmodel!

http://www.topmodel.fr/product-detai...e-f1-1-72m-arf

Nhalyn 10-15-2010 10:51 AM

RE: New Large Mirage F-1 from Topmodel

Hello,

The Topmodel boss (seen here on the screenshot) is a retired French air Force Mirage F1 pilot ! He is a great lover of "his" plane, and he have put all this in the design of this Mirage F1.

I've seen this model (staticonly)during the september open days at Topmodel, and sure, it is impressive ! The retracting gear is a piece of art !

Hope to see it fly soon !

Nhâlyn JM

MLJETS 10-15-2010 11:36 AM

Finally a new french jet model on the market !<div>Any pictures in flight?</div><div>Marc</div>

AndyAndrews 10-15-2010 12:43 PM

OMG, that thing is gorgeous! I love the F-1!

Looks like its around $5500 USD. Complete? What does it come with?

CDB-RAE 10-15-2010 02:25 PM

hello andrews
it's all included some bad translation but too much to write by my self. Fuselage (2-part removable and connected by screws at the rear of the cab) fiberglass epoxy every couple of reinforcements set (front bracket, radio tray, fuselage frames, built reactor, nozzle holder ). Aluminum fittings for attaching wings and drift up, triangulations performed at the factory. Hatch reactor complete with mounting bolts in place. Air streams raised. System of discrete canopy closure achieved. Spoilers fiberglass with molded cylinders in place. retract landing gear mounted and connected air and landing gear doors molded fiberglass with jacks in place. Fuselage comes completely finished with gelcoat raised decoration, is to install radio and reactor only. Windshield fixed transparent PVC fiber-reinforced ended up. Transparent PVC canopy mounted tub fiberglass epoxy gelcoat. Interior cockpit and instrument panels fiberglass epoxy gel coats.

Wings fiberglass epoxy (carbon reinforced) gelcoatées, decorated, finished. Key questions wing (carbon rods). Ailerons and flaps over, hinged stick. Many aerodynamic fairings fiberglass.

VTP fiberglass epoxy molded gelcoat and decorated. Fixation system key carbon tube fitting for aluminum as the wing. Direction louver finished hinges paste. Hatch to the steering servo completed. Horizontal tail fiberglass epoxy molded gelcoat and decorated. System prfondeur aluminum hinge with ball bearings. Tail delivered fully finished gelcoat raised decoration, is to install radio only.
regards
fabrice

Nozzle metal jacket.
Accessories: control horns, torsion bars, control linkages with clevises, screws, fiberglass tanks with all fittings, etc. ...

FalconWings 10-15-2010 03:26 PM

How do you say freakin awesome in Francais?
My family lives close to Torrejon, so every now and then you can still see an F1 over there. Dassualt sure could produce some really beautiful lines.

Se you guys in Paris soon. :D

David

molo_30 10-16-2010 04:09 AM

Can I ask, what does this manufacturer offer that justifies the price tag over FeiBao?

tahfiet 10-16-2010 04:38 AM

Quality !?!

Nhalyn 10-16-2010 09:14 AM

And size... and specificaly designed retracting gear fitted in the plane...

acw 10-16-2010 09:31 AM

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

How do you say freakin awesome in Francais?

Super geniale!

Topmodel is usually distributing high quality kits which are made in Eastern Europe. I'm pretty sure they can deliver quality.

I applaud themfor trying but I want to see the flight testing first. I hope that Topmodel won't make the same mistake that many Chineese manufacturers do. I'm surprised the model is for sale even before it was test flown.

Arnaud

<br type="_moz" />

AndyAndrews 10-16-2010 10:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Nhalyn

And size... and specificaly designed retracting gear fitted in the plane...
+1

olnico 10-16-2010 11:00 AM

ORIGINAL: acw

I'm surprised the model is for sale even before it was test flown.

Arnaud

<br type=''_moz'' />
Where did you see that ?
Actually the first prototype was test flown in spring 2009.
The second prototype was made in August 2009.
So they've taken a good year to offer a commercial kit.

Here are early pictures of the second prototype:

http://www.topmodel.fr/actualites-478

Note the amazing gear retaining most of the original cinematics.

The only thing that I'm not happy with is the wing profile that is too thick and not curved like the original F1.
It could be that this was corrected on the production plane but the pictures are not really helping on that matter.

AndyAndrews 10-16-2010 11:02 AM

ORIGINAL: olnico

The only thing that I'm not happy with is the wing profile that is too thick and not curved like the original F1.
It could be that this was corrected on the production plane but the pictures are not really helping on that matter.
How so, could you mark up a pic and show us what you mean?

olnico 10-16-2010 11:06 AM

http://www.topmodel.fr/pics/art/art_478_3.jpg

After reviewing the pictures of the latest plane, it could be that they have changed the early profile for a more scale one. Only a proper picture taken from the front could tell.

AndyAndrews 10-16-2010 11:12 AM

but could you mark that photo so we can see what you are talking about? The thickness of the wing AND the angle?

acw 10-16-2010 12:15 PM

You are correct. I don't know if the plane has been flown. But where are the flying pics? Where is the video? Also the plane in the pics looks very new, not flight tested.

Arnaud<br type="_moz" />

Duncan 10-16-2010 02:47 PM

the plane in the pics looks very new, not flight tested.

Arnaud<br type=''_moz'' />
LOL brilliant!!! Do your planes look very secondhand after the maiden then?

I really like it, a much nicer variant than what others produce

jetnuno 10-16-2010 03:16 PM

Hi

This is not the same plane Feibao does.....

Who and where is this plane being manufactured?

Regards

acw 10-16-2010 03:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Duncan

Arnaud<br type="" />

I'm glad you are amused. My planes have some trace of oil, mud, etc... in them. Just like yours assuming you have a few jets that you fly every weekend.
To me, it is pretty obvious that the pictures are from a brand new model that has never seen a flight. Have you looked at the pics carefully? The plane doesn't have an engine or a pipe.

I agree this looks very good and I hope it is high quality because I would really like to get one. But I have seen people first hand getting screwed with untested products and I'm veryreluctantto take that risk.

Arnaud

<br type="_moz" />

Nhalyn 10-16-2010 04:53 PM

Hi everybody.

This full production Mirage F1 was brand new when I've seen it on 25 september 2010. This model is now on the web site but not in stock, only available "on order". It will be surely in flying status sooner.

As it was presented at the public event "open day" of Topmodel, this have to be now on the web site as everybody want to have the specs.

FalconWings 10-16-2010 04:55 PM

I once wanted to go for a Fei Bao F1, but someone advised me that the gear doors would not fit worth a crap. I never verified this since I don't know anyobody that owns one. Has this bug been fixed? Was it true at all?

Anyhow, this kit seems really nice.

David

rcjets_63 10-16-2010 07:15 PM

ORIGINAL: MLJETS
Finally a new french jet model on the market !
Strykaas, does it come with a white flag and a gun that doesn't fire or are those options not available for foreign sales?

Just wondering :eek:[X(]:D

Jim

AndyAndrews 10-16-2010 08:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Duncan

Arnaud<br type='''' />

I'm glad you are amused. My planes have some trace of oil, mud, etc... in them. Just like yours assuming you have a few jets that you fly every weekend.
To me, it is pretty obvious that the pictures are from a brand new model that has never seen a flight. Have you looked at the pics carefully? The plane doesn't have an engine or a pipe.

I agree this looks very good and I hope it is high quality because I would really like to get one. But I have seen people first hand getting screwed with untested products and I'm very reluctant to take that risk.

Arnaud

<br type=''_moz'' />
Who says that the one in the picture is the one they test flew?

MLJETS 10-17-2010 02:33 AM

Outline of the model looks very accurate when checked with pics of original. <div>Marc </div><div>
</div>

autorot 10-17-2010 02:36 AM

Hello,
I think this one is made by Spark for Top model (Jet legend). May be ingeneering by Top model, but made in China by Spark for Top Model (I think...)
Why?
If you look the landing gear design, the gear door hinges, the gear door cylinder, the carbone renforcement, the tyres.... a lot off small details indicate that it's a spark (jet legend) production.
It's typically the design of spark/jet legend.
It's a good news, because they have a big experience in jet model production...
For the quality, it seems like some jet legend ARF (it's OK), so the price seems to me a little expensive.=> but, you know, the landing gear is really complicated, it's a big plane and probably exclusivity for Top model (little production) so more production cost.

Best regards,

Sébastien

MLJETS 10-17-2010 11:58 AM

Hi Sebastien,<div><span style="white-space:pre"> </span>Whoever is in charge of the manufacting of this nice model, it would be nice to get some video in flight as well as more info like the final weight....</div><div>Regards,</div><div>Marc</div>

autorot 10-17-2010 12:02 PM

Hi Marc,
Yes it would be nice...

Best regards,
Sébastien

MLJETS 10-18-2010 12:02 PM

Hi Sébastien,<div>Hope to see the F1 flying at one of our winter jet show. I am sure that Mr Topmodel will be glad to come and demonstrate his new baby !</div><div>Regards,</div><div>Marc</div>

F86_SABRE 10-18-2010 01:23 PM

That landing gear is a work of art...amazing stuff!

Airforce7 10-18-2010 04:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I recently traveled in France and went to a great little museum in Ancone. Very surprised to see so many nicely preserved aircraft including some scale models built and donated by Dassault. I can post more if you would like to see them, but I wanted to include the Mirage F1 images first. I really like the looks of this jet. Hope you enjoy them...