RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   The new Tornado sport jet (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10095724-new-tornado-sport-jet.html)

jonkoppisch 01-06-2013 06:31 AM

RE: The new Tornado sport jet

Its a gasser. If its a DA 50 it's probably at least a 20 inch prop

BaldEagel 01-06-2013 07:19 AM

Looks like its got a side on plug, does not the DA have a vertical plug, I think the DA50 would require a bigger prop than a 20 x 10, my MVVS 45 runs a 22 x 12 at 7000rpm.

Mike

ModellbauUK 01-06-2013 09:21 AM

The number plate underneath is a good reference point.

Instructor 01-06-2013 09:42 AM

:eek:That would be Ok if you were in New Zealand or the UK. You would know the size of that plate, but for the rest of us, we don't know what size it is. In other words, hard to tell it it's 9" long or 19" long from just looking at it....

Larry

NZjet 01-06-2013 11:56 AM

Guys guys guys, all the speculation! The plug has all the same dimensions as the tornado, same wing section pretty much same everything!
as the first one did actually fly well the only changes i have made are the turbine mounting (it will mount bvm bobcat style in the bay between the wings)

On piece wing/fuse, and the centre section will have split flaps moulded out of the bottom.

oh and Xairflyer, i did glue the captive nut, trouble is when the mount/nut and the whole works rips out you kinda dont have a choice! and the silly thing was that it was going straight and level....

At least i know this thing will hold together!

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2828399a.jpg

BaldEagel 01-06-2013 12:39 PM

Can't help speculating, not enough information in the first post not to. LOL

So you had flown the Tornado and did not think it too bad to risk your turbine on in the first instance, so let us know more of what happend?

Mike

NZjet 01-06-2013 01:28 PM

simple, it wasnt my model or turbine! I just helped assemble the fuse and gear install and did the inital test fly. I personally didnt think much of it but the actual owner of the jet wanted to fly it so...... They fly well, its just a pity the quality varys so much from airframe to airframe.

ModellbauUK 01-06-2013 02:10 PM

Was that the fuzz of the model that crashed?

NZjet 01-06-2013 02:29 PM

That is a old falcon 120 i used for dimensions, lets not get started on how the tornado is or isnt the falcon 120 again..  I will start my own thread on it since my model does not really have anything to do with this thread.

ModellbauUK 01-06-2013 02:45 PM

Just wondered. I'll watch the thread with
great interest.

Xairflyer 01-06-2013 04:25 PM

It is a lovely moulding

Put it on the Falcon 120 thread or at least post a link there to the new thread if you start one for future reference.

phantom_najd 01-06-2013 11:25 PM

ORIGINAL: NZjet

That is a old falcon 120 i used for dimensions, lets not get started on how the tornado is or isnt the falcon 120 again.. I will start my own thread on it since my model does not really have anything to do with this thread.
Hi there,

Are you going to offer kits for sale when you're done?

Azzam

david robinson 01-07-2013 03:06 PM

Just got my new blue/ yellow V3 today and it looks awesome. Very nice work all the formers are glued in very very well the wings and booms look rock solid and that new larger tank is great. Henry very nice work at that price you cant beat it. Thanks for all the help. and for those that might ask all hardware is included including tank hardware. I had one of the V2 and this is a birthday present for my son and it is no comparison in quality.

Newskin78 01-07-2013 03:11 PM

I agree with you my builder has begun the as build and told me that the quality is excellent. All wood looks very good quality and the wing blocks are hard wood with carbon reinforcements. The paint and covering is very shiny and great quality. Definitly a very large improvment. All pieces fit exact.

737Driver 01-07-2013 03:30 PM

I'm new to this thread and have been watching it close to learn about the upcoming build on the Tornado V3 with Kingtech K100G. I ordered the blue/yellow one and can't wait to get it. Got the motor the other day and boy is it sexy little thing. Can't wait to build. Headed to AMA in ONT this Saturday to buy servos/extensions! Any suggestions as to type of servo and various things for this bad boy would be greatly welcomed! Thanks!!

Tom (new turbine RC flyer!)

BaldEagel 01-07-2013 03:36 PM

Tom

You don't need anything special in the servo department try the DS921 Spektrum servos they seem to be a good choice and quite reasonably priced, I will be using them in my new build coming shortly.

Mike

mdeseve 01-07-2013 04:02 PM

Can you post picture of the new color scheme.

Thanks

737Driver 01-07-2013 09:21 PM

Thank you for the info on the servos. Check book, check! for the AMA show that is.

Tom

ModellbauUK 01-10-2013 04:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
<span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255);">Rain covers on the store now will fit</span>Falcon<span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255);">120,</span>Tornado<span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255);">, BobCat, Boomerang</span><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;" /><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;" /><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255);">Draw cord to hold it in place</span><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;" /><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;" /><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255);">100% Waterproof</span><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;" /><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;" /><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255);">Excellent sun</span>cover<span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255);">too for those with decent weather</span>http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ades_smile.gif

Includes Storage Bag

Manufactured by Steve Johnson so quality is superb<br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;" /><br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px;" /><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255);">Ian</span>

737Driver 01-11-2013 02:38 PM

Hey guys, getting ready to build the Tornado V3. Headed to AMA Convention tomorrow and wanted to get things to get ready for the build of plane with Kingtech K100G. I have servos lined up, just was wondering about servo extension leads. How many? What lengths for what servos? That sort of thing. I like some "wiggle" room with leads and don't want to come up short. Anyone have some ideas? Anything else for the Tornado build would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

corndog2 01-12-2013 12:29 AM

ORIGINAL: tvessie

Hey guys, getting ready to build the Tornado V3. Headed to AMA Convention tomorrow and wanted to get things to get ready for the build of plane with Kingtech K100G. I have servos lined up, just was wondering about servo extension leads. How many? What lengths for what servos? That sort of thing. I like some "wiggle" room with leads and don't want to come up short. Anyone have some ideas? Anything else for the Tornado build would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Buy servo wire and cut your servo wires and splice in the length you need. Make sure you solder the wires well. Then buy a few extension wires for the connection points where the plane will be disassembled.

joeflyer 01-12-2013 07:25 AM

Tom,

Here are the extensions I used on my Falcon 120. You can use this as a guide but I must caution you, yours may not come out exactly the same. Look over your application carefully and take some measurements. The extensions you need will depend on: how many channels you use, what mixes you use, how you route the extensions, the location of your receiver, and how long the leads are on your servos. I am using 9 channels and spent over $100 on extensions and Y's.

In Booms/ In Wings/ In Fuse
Rudders/ (2) 12"/ (2) 18"/ (1) 12" Y
Elevator/ (2) 24"/ (2) 18"/ (1) 12" Y one elevator servo is reversed
Ailerons/ -/ (2) 12"/ (2) 18"
Flaps/ -/ (2) 6"/ (2) 18"
Steering/ -/ -/ (1) 12"

This allows me to have connections at each interface (boom/wing and wing/fuse).

Joe

737Driver 01-12-2013 07:42 AM

Wow Joe, you have an extension store on your airplane!! $100.00 on just extensions? Jimminy Xmas. I thought about making my own, but not to sure about that. I will see what kind of deals I can score today at AMA. Thank you very much for your reply.

Tom

BlueBus320 01-12-2013 08:23 AM

Can anyone post a pic of the new blue/yellow scheme? I think a few guys have received it. Mine should be here the 15th, it's the red/white though.

BlueBus320 01-12-2013 08:28 AM

ORIGINAL: corndog2

ORIGINAL: tvessie

Hey guys, getting ready to build the Tornado V3. Headed to AMA Convention tomorrow and wanted to get things to get ready for the build of plane with Kingtech K100G. I have servos lined up, just was wondering about servo extension leads. How many? What lengths for what servos? That sort of thing. I like some ''wiggle'' room with leads and don't want to come up short. Anyone have some ideas? Anything else for the Tornado build would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom
Buy servo wire and cut your servo wires and splice in the length you need. Make sure you solder the wires well. Then buy a few extension wires for the connection points where the plane will be disassembled.
I made my own extensions for years & never had a single problem. I left the hobby for a while though & forgot who I use to order my material from, so I tried some random place I found on the net & it was CHEAP trash! Who do you order your wire/connectors from?