RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   The new Tornado sport jet (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10095724-new-tornado-sport-jet.html)

Jetfan20 12-19-2011 03:41 AM

RE: The new Tornado sport jet

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

I know most will think it obvious, but are you judging the slop with power on or off, with the power on the slop on most servo's does decrease.

Mike
Hey Mike....both on and off.

BaldEagel 12-19-2011 03:43 AM

If its no different on or off then you obviously have play in the gear train, unusual for the play to be the same with the power on though.

Mike

Jetfan20 12-19-2011 03:51 AM

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

If its no different on or off then you obviously have play in the gear train, unusual for the play to be the same with the power on though.

Mike
I know, the gear train has some play inside somewhere causing this, it seems it's the small MBA 3500 servos that have the most play, which are in my rudder and elevator. The ailerons and flaps seems to be ok. I'm not sure if this was the reason why Modellbau went with the Hitec servos now instead of the MBA line.

Modellbau USA 12-19-2011 04:12 AM

Actually we never had any issues with the MBA servos. The reason we switched to Hitec was because the MBA servos were to expensive to mass produce in these large quantitys that were needed. We have sold over 100 servo packages and we have not had any issues

BaldEagel 12-19-2011 04:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Modellbau USA

We have sold over 100 servo packages and we have not had any issues
Seems that this chap has an issue, perhaps you could suggest where his problem is, if it isn't the servo's, he has alredy said it is not the linkage's.

Mike

Jetfan20 12-19-2011 05:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Modellbau USA

Actually we never had any issues with the MBA servos. The reason we switched to Hitec was because the MBA servos were to expensive to mass produce in these large quantitys that were needed. We have sold over 100 servo packages and we have not had any issues
No problem Henry, I, will just change them out for some Hitec on Elevator, I had advise on this issue from a highly qualified pilot, he flew it and brought it back in. He first thought it was the trim step, but once grabbing a hold of the elevator, he noticed the play. However, I have a pretty awesome video, that I may upload of the Tornado with a Jet Central Rabbit.

SKYPILOT 12-19-2011 03:24 PM

My guess is that the servos with the slop might not have bearings on the output shaft.

HELLFIRE989 12-19-2011 10:00 PM

Any new info on the Gen 3 Tornado? Pic's , flying weight etc?

Modellbau USA 12-20-2011 05:32 AM

The New Tonado V3 Sport Scheme Demo Plane will be here in Florida late next week. Like previously mentioned the Airplane is built much stronger than the first 2 versions, so the weight has gone up 2.5 lb. and this is due to all the Carbonfiber used and the ply that has been used to reinforce the wings and booms. The airplane will still fly with a P60 but it is really made to fly with a K80 or Rabbit 100. The 23lb of thrust really do great on this plane. Speeds are incredible ( pushing ) 200mph and the rock hard stability of the model is great.

I will be posting picks of the airplane next week and then I will open up the pre-order line for everybody to place there orders. Anybody ordering an engine combo with a Rabbit 100 or Bee II will recieve $150 off there order. There are several people who have contacted me directly and paid for the airplane already becuase they wanted to make sure they got one are first on the list so please dont worry. We at Modellbau Appreciate your buisness and would like to wish everybody a merry christmas and a happy new year. Happy Flying.<br type="_moz" />

Gary Jefferson 12-20-2011 07:40 AM

Henry, will we be able to put a P-80 on this plane? Thanks, Gary

funflyerf4 12-20-2011 02:04 PM

Henry can you list what servos are needed?

Frank

bigplumbs 12-20-2011 02:35 PM

Do we know yet when the full composite version will be available

mdeseve 12-20-2011 02:36 PM

Hi Henry, put me on the list for a tornado g3 for the black yellow and gray.

Mike

Modellbau USA 12-20-2011 03:16 PM

The new V3 is totally composite except for the wings. With very little work you can glass them if you would like. It can handle the P80 with no problem but it is to big it was designed for the New Rabbit 100, K80 or P100. If anybody would like to be put on the list please send me an email to

<span style="font-size: large; ">[email protected]
</span>
with your full info Phone number, email and address.

<span style="font-size: xx-large; ">ALSO CHRISTMAS SPECIAL ON 10 KITS ONLY OF THE TORNADO V2 $400 INCLUDING RETRACTS.</span><br type="_moz" />

BaldEagel 12-20-2011 03:22 PM

Interesting definition, I have a totaly composite airframe also except for the fus, wings, stab, tail and booms???????????????????????

Mike

EDIT: the full composite comment on the Modellbau post has been removed, can't be full composite if the wings are built up and balsa covered, hence my comment above.

rpat 12-21-2011 05:08 AM

Jetfan20 12-21-2011 06:57 AM

Could someone tell me what the degree of down thrust is set on the V2 Tornado for the bigger turbines? Or is it the same for all?

dmscpu 12-21-2011 09:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Jetfan20

Could someone tell me what the degree of down thrust is set on the V2 Tornado for the bigger turbines? Or is it the same for all?
With a K-80F the down thrust set by the mount can be reduced by half.
Otherwise at full throttle it will become a yard dart.

Mike

Jetfan20 12-21-2011 11:31 AM

Great Plane! I love it flies great!

However, I have a slight problem/concern with Modellbau USA (Henry) for several reasons. Customer service for owners of the Tornado, I have a V1 Tornado, which a P60 is recommended. I wanted to fit a Jet Central Rabbit VT90 on it. the motor mount doesn't fit. I call Henry he told me to call him several days later and he would get me the mount. I called more than several days later and he tells me that the mounts that he has only goes with the new kits & that's how our conversation ended, not we will order you one, just nothing left to figure it out on my own. Next was a issue about the factory MBA servo with a lot of play on or off, so much play that the elevator surface moved 1/8" to 1/4", I posted a question about the servos to this thread and Henry replies "I have sold over 100 of these servo packages without any problems" well I guess I must be the only one & seeing things as well as every one that look at the jet at my local club! I sent Henry a private email asking about digital servos and why don't they use them and his reply was "I never said that, it's up to the consumer"...READ POST 208 guys, he says email him and he will explain, I did that and that is no explaination. In the same email I asked what is the down thrust for the bigger turbines and he said "the mounts are included in the kits" pathetic answer. Again keep in mind guys he didn't have any mounts to sell me but he isn't even willing to help in making sure that I have a starting point to make my own.

I think the big part of selling kits with your company name on it is customer service, If I needed a right wing or a left boom, I highly doubt he would be able to help me. But, if someone needed a new kit on order you will have all the answers right there. I should be able to call on a manufacterer and get any part of the plane that's needed if the plane is still in production. I had a Jet Legend L39 and I needed parts for it, I called GJC and I had the exact parts that I needed at my door in 3 weeks time from China. I had a problem with my Skymaster Viperjet retract sticking in the up position, the owner told me to mail it in and he will replace it. IMO Modellbau USA sells these kits, don't offer parts and can't take constructive criticizism on their product. So I take it if we happen to have a mishap and needed parts, we would need to buy another whole kit to pull parts from, that's insane!

Poor customer service, Just my .02.

KC36330 12-21-2011 11:41 AM

.........Again keep in mind guys he didn't have any mounts to sell me but he isn't even willing to help in making sure that I have a starting point to make my own.

Did your kit not include a mount for the P-60? that's a starting point IMO. sorry about all your other problems.

Jetfan20 12-21-2011 11:51 AM

ORIGINAL: KC36330

.........Again keep in mind guys he didn't have any mounts to sell me but he isn't even willing to help in making sure that I have a starting point to make my own.

Did your kit not include a mount for the P-60? that's a starting point IMO. sorry about all your other problems.
Yes it did, When i tried it the Turbine was to wide, so I called MB USA and I was told that it will not work because of size and thrust line. That's when I was told to call back in several days.

Ramz 12-21-2011 01:18 PM

ORIGINAL: KC36330

Yes it did, When i tried it the Turbine was to wide, so I called MB USA and I was told that it will not work because of size and thrust line. That's when I was told to call back in several days.
How much too wide is the Rabbit? I mounted a P70 on my V1 with the stock mount..I had to pry it a bit wider and add a 1/4" ply spacer between the Tornado mount and the JetCat mount to raise up the turbine. Could you take a few pictures and post them? I am sure it is a simple fix.

747junky 12-21-2011 01:26 PM

Jetfan I have to call BS on this one Modellbau has some of the best customer service out there. Henry always answers the phone and has bent over backwards to help me out and from previous post has done for everybody else

bigplumbs 12-21-2011 01:27 PM

Great Plane! I love it flies great!

However, I have a slight problem/concern with Modellbau USA (Henry) for several reasons. Customer service for owners of the Tornado, I have a V1 Tornado, which a P60 is recommended. I wanted to fit a Jet Central Rabbit VT90 on it. the motor mount doesn't fit. I call Henry he told me to call him several days later and he would get me the mount. I called more than several days later and he tells me that the mounts that he has only goes with the new kits &amp; that's how our conversation ended, not we will order you one, just nothing left to figure it out on my own. Next was a issue about the factory MBA servo with a lot of play on or off, so much play that the elevator surface moved 1/8" to 1/4", I posted a question about the servos to this thread and Henry replies "I have sold over 100 of these servo packages without any problems" well I guess I must be the only one &amp; seeing things as well as every one that look at the jet at my local club! I sent Henry a private email asking about digital servos and why don't they use them and his reply was "I never said that, it's up to the consumer"...READ POST 208 guys, he says email him and he will explain, I did that and that is no explaination. In the same email I asked what is the down thrust for the bigger turbines and he said "the mounts are included in the kits" pathetic answer. Again keep in mind guys he didn't have any mounts to sell me but he isn't even willing to help in making sure that I have a starting point to make my own.

I think the big part of selling kits with your company name on it is customer service, If I needed a right wing or a left boom, I highly doubt he would be able to help me. But, if someone needed a new kit on order you will have all the answers right there. I should be able to call on a manufacterer and get any part of the plane that's needed if the plane is still in production. I had a Jet Legend L39 and I needed parts for it, I called GJC and I had the exact parts that I needed at my door in 3 weeks time from China. I had a problem with my Skymaster Viperjet retract sticking in the up position, the owner told me to mail it in and he will replace it. IMO Modellbau USA sells these kits, don't offer parts and can't take constructive criticizism on their product. So I take it if we happen to have a mishap and needed parts, we would need to buy another whole kit to pull parts from, that's insane!

Poor customer service, Just my .02.
People are gradually learning the truth. I also think that more than one person has the log on to Modelbau USA's account on here so things do not always follow from one post to the next.

Jane

bigplumbs 12-21-2011 01:29 PM

ORIGINAL: 747junky

Jetfan I have to call BS on this one Modellbau has some of the best customer service out there. Henry always answers the phone and has bent over backwards to help me out and from previous post has done for everybody else
How on earth can you claim everybody. There are several people who are not satisified