RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   The new Tornado sport jet (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10095724-new-tornado-sport-jet.html)

VF84sluggo 01-20-2012 06:21 PM

RE: The new Tornado sport jet

Henry, I agree with Mike in AL, get rid of the grey control surfaces...regardless of the paint scheme you go with.

Sparhawk 01-20-2012 06:29 PM

The blue looks real nice, but I am in favor of the yellow as a fave... Similar to the old Ultimate colors...very visible.

Dan

Ramz 01-20-2012 06:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Sparhawk

The blue looks real nice, but I am in favor of the yellow as a fave... Similar to the old Ultimate colors...very visible.

Dan
Hey Dan...do you have yours ordered up yet?

Sparhawk 01-20-2012 07:41 PM

Yep, on the pre-order list. Just waiting for Henry to start calling...lol
I'd like to see the new yellow one on my bench next month... with the new lower strut height, mine should drop in there.

Should be a fun time at Margaree this year!
Dan

ModellbauUK 01-21-2012 12:12 AM

Great News For A Very Happy New Year!!!

To make ready for the arrival of the New V3 Tornado i'm running a special on the last few remaining V2 models so grab yourself a bargain.

£100 off both the Model and Strutts, Wheels & Brakes.

That''s £200 off in total if you buy both together.

Go to our website store to order.

www.modellbauuk.com

Cheers

ModellbauUK 01-21-2012 12:19 AM

Oh Yes, feel the ripples on the surface already!!!

By the way what do Prunes do to you?

dmscpu 01-21-2012 06:15 AM

ORIGINAL: dmscpu

I say Navy Blue,

I am no photo shop expert but you can get an idea..
The forum is having an error moment on uploading the files so I have posted links below

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/46660307/Blue1.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/46660307/Blue2.jpg

Enjoy :)

Mike in AL

VF84sluggo 01-21-2012 07:37 AM

I thought it was 'Navy' blue. That shade looks more like Air Force 1 'blue.'

dmscpu 01-21-2012 08:25 AM

ORIGINAL: VF84sluggo

I thought it was 'Navy' blue. That shade looks more like Air Force 1 'blue.'
It had Navy markings on it and it was Blue, my error for calling it Navy Blue.
Maybe light Blue with Navy markings would have been better.

Either way dropping Navy and all Gray paints will be a vast improvement in my book, and an easy way to tell the versions.

Mike in AL

VF84sluggo 01-21-2012 09:11 AM

I guess I prefer more highly visible, contrasting with the sky, colors. I have an L-39 in "arctic camo"...neat looking scheme, on the ground. But on blue sky days with cumulus clouds it can get tough to see at times...I suppose just like the inventers of the camo scheme intended :D

You do make a good point though: a new scheme for V3 models would be a good way to differentiate it from previous versions. Not a bad idea at all.

Kenrico 01-21-2012 10:16 AM

I say Navy Blue,

I am no photo shop expert but you can get an idea..
The forum is having an error moment on uploading the files so I have posted links below

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/46660307/Blue1.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/46660307/Blue2.jpg

Enjoy :)

Mike in AL

NIce! i like the blue a lot more than the yellow black and grey.

Boomerang1 01-21-2012 12:22 PM

Henry seems to have some input into (does he speak chinese?!) into modifications to the Tornado.

Perhaps it's time to modify it to fix one of it's biggest drawbacks, transport.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10919625/tm.htm

This guy wants a removable nose.

IMO the best modification would be removable outer wing panels so it could be transported
resting on the gear with the booms & tail attached & ready to fly by just sliding in the wing
panels & plugging in the aileron servos. - John.

joeflyer 01-21-2012 12:32 PM

AMEN!!!

HELLFIRE989 01-21-2012 12:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Boomerang1

Henry seems to have some input into (does he speak chinese?!) into modifications to the Tornado.

Perhaps it's time to modify it to fix one of it's biggest drawbacks, transport.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10919625/tm.htm

This guy wants a removable nose.

IMO the best modification would be removable outer wing panels so it could be transported
resting on the gear with the booms & tail attached & ready to fly by just sliding in the wing
I agree!! This is the only drawback of the Tornado.

Modellbau USA 01-21-2012 01:15 PM

I totally agree with you guys but doing that would require us making totally new molds for everything. And since we make 15 planes at a time the that would be a huge cost to make up a new set.

The New Tornado XL ( King Cat size ) will be like this with removable outer wing panels. I apologize we can't do this at this time but once we have to make new models I will make it happen.<br type="_moz" />

5skyhawk172 01-21-2012 02:40 PM

I just ordered my version 3 gray/yellow.  Will be my first turbine.  Can't Wait!  Keith AMA 50764

VF84sluggo 01-21-2012 03:23 PM

Absolutely 100% agree. The lack of a way to remove the wing panels like my Baby Boomer, other than coming up with a home-made arrangement, is what has kept me from getting a Tornado. I'd get one in a second if it was made to be easily broken down for transportation.

ira d 01-21-2012 04:30 PM

resting on the gear with the booms &amp; tail attached &amp; ready to fly by just sliding in the wing
panels &amp; plugging in the aileron servos. - John.
Absolutely 100% agree. The lack of a way to remove the wing panels like my Baby Boomer, other than coming up with a home-made arrangement, is what has kept me from getting a Tornado. I'd get one in a second if it was made to be easily broken down for transportation.
+ 1

toprudder 01-22-2012 05:00 PM

ORIGINAL: BlueBus320

Red & white! Definitely not that light blue that blends into blue sky.. My 2cents, even though I like the yellow better than both.
Exactly. Some colors look great on the ground but not in the air. Red/white for me.

BaldEagel 01-23-2012 12:26 AM

Its the underside of the airframe that you see mostly in the air and yellow is the best contrast against most sky scapes.

Mike

BaldEagel 01-23-2012 12:30 AM

ORIGINAL: ira d

+ 1
A major change to the existing configeration of the Tornado, it will just not happen and keep within the price range it is in at the moment, if this is what you need or want there are plenty of alternatives out there to accomodate you, but this is not one.

Mike

toprudder 01-23-2012 06:19 AM

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

Its the underside of the airframe that you see mostly in the air and yellow is the best contrast against most sky scapes.

Mike
No one color will stand out under all conditions. I had a plane I flew in pattern years ago that started out with flourescent yellow on the wing, and it completely disappeared against a bright overcast sky. I had to add large dark-blue bands at the tips, then it would show up well against any kind of sky. Large patches of contrasting colors (dark and light) are the best. The light blue and white scheme is one I would never consider for that reason, unless I replaced the light blue with a dark navy-blue. JMHO.

For me, both the top and bottom are important. Would be too boring for me if all I saw during most of the flight was the bottom. :)

KC36330 01-23-2012 06:24 AM

ORIGINAL: toprudder
...........No one color will stand out under all conditions.

it's different for everyone's eyes but for mine, pink stands out in most every condition and although i've owned a few pink prop planes i don't have any plans for a Barbi jet.

ira d 01-23-2012 07:25 AM

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

ORIGINAL: ira d

resting on the gear with the booms &amp; tail attached &amp; ready to fly by just sliding in the wing
panels &amp; plugging in the aileron servos. - John.
+ 1
A major change to the existing configeration of the Tornado, it will just not happen and keep within the price range it is in at the moment, if this is what you need or want there are plenty of alternatives out there to accomodate you, but this is not one.

Mike
I dontconsider removable wings panels as a major changeifit'smade part of the orignal wingdesign. Of course it would warrant a small
price increase that would not IMO be a problemfor mostmodelers that would purchase this model.

BlueBus320 01-23-2012 08:52 AM

I agree with the removable tips (bobcat style) 100%, but at $469, & an already proven design, it's probably better to leave it as is for now. To do & test fly a mod like that would probably mean not seeing our V3's for some time! Then we'd all have to pray the factory got ours right[X(]
What's the color verdict Henry? I want mine in "poisonous" yellow, will settle for white/red, but DO NOT want blue!