RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   The new Tornado sport jet (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10095724-new-tornado-sport-jet.html)

Modellbau USA 10-26-2010 02:23 PM

The new Tornado sport jet

1 Attachment(s)
We would like to formally introduce our new jet the TORNADO. As many people already know the airplane is going to be sold as an ARF. It's construction is made up of a composite fuselage and built up wings,booms and elevator that are fully sheeted. The jet is made to accommodate a 12lb.-18 lb. thrust engine with a case diameter of 3.25 inches - 3.75 inches i.e. P60,P70,Wren 70-75, King Tech K80 etc... The airplane comes with factory installed spring air retracts, composite fuel tank made by Derrick Martin, composite control horns, and aluminum turbine mount pre-installed on the airplane. Pre-sales will start in mid-November and we are expecting to have the first shipment by mid-December. Total price of the kit is $475.00

We are also offering a complete servo package that includes 10 metal gear ball bearing servos, all extensions needed for the jet and a 6.6V LiFe battery for $250. All servo's extensions and batteries are made in house. We have also partnered up with Spring Air products to offer a set of Wheels,Brakes and struts for under $200. A mechanical or electric brake valve along with a UAT will be offered by Dreamworks RC to complete the kit off.

In about 1 1/2 weeks we will have a full set of pictures and a manual for you to view. Anybody interested on getting on the pre-order wait list you can email your full name, phone number and email to [email protected]. There will be exclusive dealers for Germany, UK and Australia, so check back with me for more details.<br type="_moz" />

747junky 10-26-2010 02:38 PM

RE: The new Tornado sport jet

Sign me up I will email you my info tonight. You guys have done a great job, finally a jet that will not break your bank account.

bevar 10-26-2010 02:41 PM

Henry,

Bring back the Tango!!

Beave :D

MITFREAK 10-26-2010 02:45 PM

Henry I want one to, I will email asap.

Modellbau USA 10-26-2010 02:51 PM

The Tango is out of style Hip-Hop is in now LOL http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ey/msn/lol.gif. Actually if you want one call me I might have one up my sleeve some where.

Ibanez408 10-26-2010 02:51 PM

[8D]This Go Fly package is unbelieveable.. For under a G. What else can you say. Im going to place my order today.

747junky 10-26-2010 02:55 PM

Hey Henry what's this secret Turbine deal you have cooking with Jet Cat? If its Jet Cat I want one

readyturn 10-26-2010 02:56 PM

Yes - Put me on the list............. Info is coming to you. :D[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Rick

rpat 10-26-2010 03:04 PM

OK I am on board for the ride.

Jeremy_D 10-26-2010 04:08 PM

Me too!! Email sent.

funflyerf4 10-26-2010 05:54 PM

Any chance will the struts be a trailing linlk made for grass ops? I'm on the list too

i3dm 10-26-2010 06:03 PM

looks like a great deal ! is it based on the Falcon 120 ?

causeitflies 10-26-2010 06:20 PM

This is just the kind of stuff needed to grow the turbine community.[8D]
GOOD JOB!!
P.S.- By the way, we had a tornado watch here today ;)

Modellbau USA 10-26-2010 07:40 PM

The airplanes looks similiar but the construction isdifferent than the Falcon 120.The wings and elevator are fully sheeted and built for a turbine not pusher prop. All of our electronics are assembled in the United States by the same technicians who make our servos for our UAV's. Our goal is to provide a quality aircraft, equipment and service for a price that can not be beat. Since the RC industry is no longer our main source of income we at Modellbau USA are trying to give back to the RC community by providing a quality product at realistic price. If there are anything other questions that I can help with please feel free to contact us at [email protected]

Modellbau USA 10-26-2010 07:42 PM

We are working on a trailing link strut for grass ops but at this time our package is not.

747junky 10-26-2010 08:45 PM

I am going to buy a turbine for the Tornado what's the deal with the P60 or K80.

Modellbau USA 10-26-2010 08:49 PM

Well I don't want to let the cat out of the bag, but all I can tell you is that good things come to those who wait. I suggest not to buy a turbine at this time we will be offering a Package Deal that will shock you more than the price of the Tornado.

zemkes_wolfpack 10-26-2010 08:55 PM

Henry,

Are you going to offer the Tornado without retracts?

Modellbau USA 10-26-2010 09:00 PM

At this time we are not because, it was designed around the custom spring air retracts and we do not want people to start cutting away on the gear blocks to squeeze in bigger gear and weakening the structure.

MITFREAK 10-26-2010 09:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Modellbau USA

Well I don't want to let the cat out of the bag, but all I can tell you is that good things come to those who wait. I suggest not to buy a turbine at this time we will be offering a Package Deal that will shock you more than the price of the Tornado.

Ok, I was debating on buy a new engine and now I think I will if the deal is better than there go fly price of under a G I cant wait to see what else these guys are going to come out with.
<br type="_moz" />

747junky 10-26-2010 09:12 PM

I second that motion LOL, these guys seem to have found the tree that grows RC stuff http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...eeth_smile.gifI also would like to see what they pull out of there bag

RCISFUN 10-26-2010 09:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)

The airplane comes with factory installed spring air retracts, composite fuel tank made by Derrick Martin, composite control horns, and aluminum turbine mount pre-installed on the airplane. Pre-sales will start in mid-November and we are expecting to have the first shipment by mid-December. Total price of the kit is $475.00

...... We have also partnered up with Spring Air products to offer a set of Wheels,Brakes and struts for under $200. A mechanical or electric brake valve along with a UAT will be offered by Dreamworks RC to complete the kit off.
What size struts will the retract units accept?
Will the Jet Central Rabbit fit

killerG 10-26-2010 10:13 PM

No way a P-80 will fit?

Inconel 10-27-2010 12:37 AM

Hi Guys,

ich have a 1:6 Kit in my workroom. Optimal for 2x P70 oder Jetcentral Rabbit.

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/attac...9&d=1268772539

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/attac...0&d=1275484627

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/attac...9&d=1268772539

it´s for sale....

Joerg

i3dm 10-27-2010 12:43 AM

The airplanes looks similiar but the construction is different than the Falcon 120. The wings and elevator are fully sheeted and built for a turbine not pusher prop. All of our electronics are assembled in the United States by the same technicians who make our servos for our UAV's. Our goal is to provide a quality aircraft, equipment and service for a price that can not be beat. Since the RC industry is no longer our main source of income we at Modellbau USA are trying to give back to the RC community by providing a quality product at realistic price. If there are anything other questions that I can help with please feel free to contact us at [email protected]
1. are the wings and controls covered with monokote type covering or glass ?
2. do you make the fiberglass fuse in house ? the falcon 120 had terrible glass work.