RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   New Jet Magazine... (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10245952-new-jet-magazine.html)

EkRr 01-07-2011 09:51 AM

New Jet Magazine...

Fly RC magazine is putting out a special Jet issue - [link=http://www.flyrc.com/fly_rc_back_issues#ecwid:category=563878&mode=prod uct&product=2047107]Jet Special Issue[/link] check it out![8D]

STKNRUD 01-07-2011 09:57 AM

RE: New Jet Magazine...

Great! When I read my AMA magazine, I am left wondering if they even know jets are a part of RC modeling.

FalconWings 01-07-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: STKNRUD

Great! When I read my AMA magazine, I am left wondering if they even know jets are a part of RC modeling.
Gotta love the CL and FF section! :-(

Pitts S1S 01-07-2011 10:55 AM

[/quote]

Gotta love the CL and FF section!

[/quote]

Now thats just plain funny!

Jeff

Dr Honda 01-07-2011 05:44 PM

Well.... I was going to get it... but the web site wanted to add $6 for shipping !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so... $12.99 for one mag... don't think so. I guess they don't want to actually sell it.

STKNRUD 01-07-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: Dr Honda

Well.... I was going to get it... but the web site wanted to add $6 for shipping !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so... $12.99 for one mag... don't think so. I guess they don't want to actually sell it.
Ouch! 'But for a limited time, the next 100 to subscribe will receive two magazines each month for just the extra cost of handling and shipping'.;)

LGM Graphix 01-07-2011 10:01 PM

If I can find it in the grocery store I'll get it, of course, in Canada, it will still be $10 and when they're showing a Habu on the cover, it doesn't really scream "JET" to me......

FILE IFR 01-07-2011 10:39 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: Dr Honda

Well.... I was going to get it... but the web site wanted to add $6 for shipping !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Same here. I also got turned off as they wanted a 'password' to continue the order.

I'll wait to see if it ever hits my LHS first.

Dr Honda 01-08-2011 05:28 AM

My local hobby shop sells fly RC, so I will just wait to see if they get it. Not only will I not pay for the shipping, but they give 10% off the cover price.

I think I'm going to email the people at Fly RC, and tell them that they need to adjust the shipping price. For $6.99, that should include shipping.

EDIT.....

I just sent an email to them. If they have a corrected shipping price... I'll let you guys know.

rcguy! 01-08-2011 05:44 AM

Quote:

I guess you even miss the every other month Jet column by Jim Hiller?????? I suggest you actually look at the magazine!

Dave Rigotti

rjbob 01-08-2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: rcguy!

Quote:

I guess you even miss the every other month Jet column by Jim Hiller?????? I suggest you actually look at the magazine!

Dave Rigotti
Your inference is correct, Dave. The AMA magazine is a wealth of knowledge.

I don't do free-flight although I still fly control-line planes. That said, even if one doesn't partake in other types of model aircraft flying, one can glean much useful information for jet flying by reading the other columns .

rcguy! 01-09-2011 08:51 AM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: rjbob

Quote:

ORIGINAL: rcguy!

Quote:

Dave Rigotti
Your inference is correct, Dave. The AMA magazine is a wealth of knowledge.

I don't do free-flight although I still fly control-line planes. That said, even if one doesn't partake in other types of model aircraft flying, one can glean much useful information for jet flying by reading the other columns .
"Amen!"

Dave