RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Bandit ARF fuel capacity (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10292162-bandit-arf-fuel-capacity.html)

JohnMac 01-27-2011 03:37 AM

Bandit ARF fuel capacity

Hi Guys,
I am about to fit a telemetry sensor & flowmeter in my Bandit ARF. This will monitor my fuel use and present it on my Tx screen. I will then be able to set an alarm at "Bingo" point to tell me it is time to land.
What I do not seem to be able to find out is the ca[pacity in the standard two fuselage "saddle" tanks and the front centre tank. Does anyone know?
I could fill it and then drain the anks into my wifes kitchen measuring jug, but she seems to get upset when I do this! Can't figure her out sometimes.:D

Dave Wilshere 01-27-2011 04:17 AM

RE: Bandit ARF fuel capacity

John

Stock plastic Sullivan tank in the front? its close to 3.2ltrs

Dave

Harley Condra 01-27-2011 04:29 AM

The Bandit ARF has aa 2.7 liter fuel system.

www.bvmjets.com, then click on Jet Kits, then Bandit ARF, scroll down and read the fuel system size on the bottom of the pricing page.

Dustin Buescher 01-27-2011 06:44 AM

Why not let your sensor tell you what capacity it has by draining the tank with the sensor installed? That would remove all error.

JohnMac 01-27-2011 02:22 PM

Thanks for the info guys. The sensor has to be calibrated for the model. Differences in the fuel system will lead to some variation in reported value, so telling it what it is supposed to have in the first place is a good way to start.
Regards,

John

JohnMac 01-27-2011 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Harley Condra

The Bandit ARF has aa 2.7 liter fuel system.

www.bvmjets.com, then click on Jet Kits, then Bandit ARF, scroll down and read the fuel system size on the bottom of the pricing page.
Doh! I thought that I had looked everywhere. I did not look at the pricing sheet. Thanks Harley.

JohnMac 01-27-2011 02:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Dave Wilshere

John

Stock plastic Sullivan tank in the front? its close to 3.2ltrs

Dave

Hi Dave, yep thats the one. I will start with a setting of 3 litres and see how I get on from there. I'll post some shots when It is set up.
Thanks Dave.
John

Dave Wilshere 01-27-2011 03:20 PM

I was inc the UAT. Does the 2.7ltr? My ARF did 10-11 minutes on a P80, thinks more than 2.7ltr?
CARF said the Hawk tank was 3.3ltrs....is 4.2ltrs! Dubro say 1500cc in a 50oz and that's 1600cc!!

Dave

InboundLZ 01-27-2011 06:32 PM

Hmmmm...not sure I would hang my hat on a "sensor", could be a flame out in your future....just sayin' For me we are going to use a system that is as old as time itself, time. The timer never lies. Good luck, I hope this works 100% perfect for you...every time....

****dont take it the wrong way, just looking out for you brother....*****:D

JohnMac 01-27-2011 11:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Dave Wilshere

I was inc the UAT. Does the 2.7ltr? My ARF did 10-11 minutes on a P80, thinks more than 2.7ltr?
CARF said the Hawk tank was 3.3ltrs....is 4.2ltrs! Dubro say 1500cc in a 50oz and that's 1600cc!!

Dave
Hi Dave, No, the 2.7 liters is for the two main fuel cells alone. My plan was to exclude the UAT from the setting. I suppose I could always stop being so lazy and go buy my own measuring jug.

JohnMac 01-27-2011 11:36 PM

Hi Dave,
No you are quite right, I will not be relying on the flow sensor, the timer will still be used as a back up. The flowmeter part of this set up is a nice to have rather than an essenstial. It will be intersting to see how much fuel use is occuring and how different weather alters the fuel burn.
The important part for me is the RPM reading and alarm. This will tell me if I get a flame out. No, not on my Bandit, that will be self evident. The idea is for the F14 that I have nearly finished. I am pretty sure that if I have a flame out on this model and I cannot see which engine has gone out, I will probably loose the model. The beauty of the system is that is an alarm condition occurs, the Tx info screen will change to the relevant sensor info screen in an instant.
Putting the system in the bandit is just proof of concept.

InboundLZ 01-28-2011 06:18 AM

ORIGINAL: JohnMac

Hi Dave,
No you are quite right, I will not be relying on the flow sensor, the timer will still be used as a back up. The flowmeter part of this set up is a nice to have rather than an essenstial. It will be intersting to see how much fuel use is occuring and how different weather alters the fuel burn.
The important part for me is the RPM reading and alarm. This will tell me if I get a flame out. No, not on my Bandit, that will be self evident. The idea is for the F14 that I have nearly finished. I am pretty sure that if I have a flame out on this model and I cannot see which engine has gone out, I will probably loose the model. The beauty of the system is that is an alarm condition occurs, the Tx info screen will change to the relevant sensor info screen in an instant.
Putting the system in the bandit is just proof of concept.
No that I can get behind! Good luck and keep us informed...