RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   E Flight HABU 32- P-20SE Build thread+Videos* (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10338551-e-flight-habu-32-p-20se-build-thread-videos%2A.html)

Like2fly! 03-30-2011 01:08 AM

RE: E Flight HABU 32- P-20SE Build thread+Videos*

ORIGINAL: Dave Wilshere

Mike

I know :D

Will give me a chance to do a back to back test on the same day.

Dave
Weather and in-law visit permitting, I should make it to the patch this Saturday. I joined PMFC at the beginning of last year; it’s a really great club!

Can’t wait to see both Bu32’s back to back! And one of your Sparks when you bring one out at some point.

I picked up a foam habu a few weeks ago; I’ve got 20 flights on it so far. Incredibly stable easy flyer with no vices for what it is. Also got a Ph3 F16 a few weeks ago, i put a mega 16edf/70mm wemo in it out of my old Het F18 so about 900 watts on 4s 2650 45C, 877g ready to fly, it scoots along nicely.

Im was thinking about getting a Spark, which is quite a (huge) leap from the 70mm things I’ve been flying, I think the Habu32 could fill the gap and be more progressive for me

Alex

Dave Wilshere 03-30-2011 04:24 AM

Alex

I have a Spark kit in stock going at a good price!

Dave

Like2fly! 03-30-2011 07:46 AM

Alex

I have a Spark kit in stock going at a good price!

Dave
Hi Dave

A stepping stone in between like the Habu32 might be a good idea for me risk/reward/experience, before moving onto something that im maybe not quite ready for...
I havn't got a clue what a spark 'feels' like. Other edf's i had/have are quite forgiving, RBC F22, Het F18...

edit: im not angling for fingers on one of your sparks! ;) Just not sure if im 'ready'

Alex

Dave Wilshere 03-30-2011 11:22 PM

Alex

Might be at patch Sunday for Bar B Q day, Saturday i'm in Lyme Regis for a helicopter event.
People don't get to play with my Sparks since I let a french lad fly one in Germany and he landed it in the long grass at 100mph!
It's a very smooth aeroplane, not difficult to fly, but mine are doing 220ish!

Dave

Like2fly! 04-08-2011 06:00 AM

Hi Dave,

Can you bring a Spark out this weekend to Phoenix?

Alex

bigplumbs 04-08-2011 11:22 AM

I got this e mail from Horizon Hobby UK today re the Habu 32

Dear Sir, the Habu 32, Part No EFL8075 is due to dock in the UK on the 10.4.11. Once through customs etc we should have delivery by14/15th April. This is the 1st delivery and stock will be dispatched to various retailers in strict date order.

I do not know who you have placed your order with but I suggest you contact them on 15th/17th to see if your model is with them.

Dave Wilshere 04-11-2011 10:44 AM

I have had several emails about my set up. The nose dropping on turns is probably a nose heavy state with a full tank. The fuel is mostly in front of the balance point. I have mine at 115mm with my header full and main tank with 10mm of fuel. I could go back from here, worth trying 3mm (1/8") at a time as my Habu 32 is definitely nose heavy with the tank full, I just fly a little faster and use more rudder and elevator in the rolls till the fuel load burns off. I have more down expo than up, 40% expo on down and 35% expo on up with the 12mm movement. It needs lots of up for any of the slower stuff like takeoff and landing. You can haul on the up on take off and it will not jump into the air.

Dw

Dave Wilshere 04-11-2011 01:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Like2fly!

Hi Dave,

Alex

Alex

Good to meet you Saturday, missed your request and didn't have the cells charged. Won't be there at all this weekend as I'm in Scotland. Soon.
I'm hoping Thunderpower will get me some 65c 5000's soon!!

Dave

Like2fly! 04-12-2011 01:37 AM

ORIGINAL: Like2fly!

Hi Dave,

Alex

Alex

Good to meet you Saturday, missed your request and didn't have the cells charged. Won't be there at all this weekend as I'm in Scotland. Soon.
I'm hoping Thunderpower will get me some 65c 5000's soon!!

Dave
Hi Dave,

Good to meet you to. No worries. The Ultra Flash looked absolutely superb, great paint scheme.
Ill be at the patch most weekends when weather permits.

Enjoy Scotland!

Alex

Dave Wilshere 04-12-2011 04:15 AM

Alex

Cool.

Andy is very happy with his UF, should be a few in the club this year.

I hope the weather is good, I'm flying up just to test fly two models for a customer!

Dave

Dave Wilshere 04-13-2011 10:39 AM

Well just in from the office after a hectic afternoon, we managed to shipping (and have collected) the first Habu 32 kits to lucky customers. Things just work out sometimes, a visit to HH offices to drop back their EDF Habu 32 ready for a show next weekend coincided with the unloading of the first delivery of kits to arrive in the UK, so I filled my people carrier with part of our order and hot footed back to KL in time to catch our carrier. The delivery to HH in the UK is still way short of what is required for their order fulfilment and we did not get all our kits either. We are supplying kits based on order arrival, the remainder of our del which didn't fit today will be shipped to us, so by the weekend we would have fulfilled more than 75% of our orders.

Dw

Colin Gontier 04-13-2011 11:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here at last!!

After getting bored of waiting for this one, all the excitement is back now I've got one in my greasy little mitts :D:D

Dave Wilshere 04-13-2011 11:09 AM

Colin

Not finished yet? You've had an hour!

Dww

Dave Wilshere 04-22-2011 07:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Fabulous day near Watford, with plenty of jet flying going on. Three more flights on the Habu 32, perfect jet to grab a few flights between family and work. 26 degree temps today...who needs to travel!

Dw

Dave Wilshere 04-26-2011 02:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good news, more Habu 32 tail pipes just arrived for those waiting on conversion sets.

Dw

chunk111 04-29-2011 01:26 AM

Hi, I have a Lambert T20 giving 4.4 pounds of thrust, would this be enough power for the 32 flying off a 90 meter grass strip?
How does this compare to the thrust from the standard electric set up?

Thanks Chris

Henke Torphammar 04-29-2011 02:39 AM

ORIGINAL: chunk111

Hi, I have a Lambert T20 giving 4.4 pounds of thrust, would this be enough power for the 32 flying off a 90 meter grass strip?
How does this compare to the thrust from the standard electric set up?

Thanks Chris
One thing about the T20 is that it is almost 4oz lighter then the P-20, imagine you could fit the turbine in the tail removeing the 4-5oz(tamjets weights) tailpipe, and build it light, that would leave you with about the same thrust to weight ratio as with the P-20 :-)

There are "alot" of P-20 Habus out there and you could pretty easy get good info about the CG ballancing and which battery sizes needed for proper ballance.

just my thought :-)

Henke Torphammar 04-29-2011 02:40 AM

Fabulous day near Watford, with plenty of jet flying going on.
Dw
Looking good, you must be getting close the the 25hr mark already :D

Henke Torphammar 04-29-2011 02:44 AM

Good news, more Habu 32 tail pipes just arrived for those waiting on conversion sets.

Dw
Very good price on the pipes! I might just ask the length and weight while at it ;) I'm fiddeling with a HET Mig-21 that will need a pipe.

Dave Wilshere 04-29-2011 10:52 AM

From memory...3 I'm not sure! Holiday today, so just been flying the Habu 32T, but unloaded and left it in the office now. Will be in tomorrow AM so can check then. 80 something grams

Dave

Dave Wilshere 04-29-2011 10:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Henke Torphammar

Dw

No, 6 1/2 minute flights mean less than 8 hours, I think I'm around 60 odd flights. Anyway, I have run JetCat's to 47 hours. Just depends on the bearings/field/dust/hot-starts.

Dave

Henke Torphammar 04-29-2011 10:59 AM

Dw

No, 6 1/2 minute flights mean less than 8 hours, I think I'm around 60 odd flights. Anyway, I have run JetCat's to 47 hours. Just depends on the bearings/field/dust/hot-starts.

Dave

funjet does most idle but i just recorded 7.6hours too. I'll race you to the 25h service ;-)

Dave Wilshere 05-01-2011 10:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Been out with the Habu again today, now knocking on 70 flights. Really windy/rough air today and although kicked about on slow flap passes, it copes really well.
No differential on mine...just set the balance right and it does not need it ;)
Oh someone said today, this must be the oldest flying Habu 32T in the world :)
Dw

Dave Wilshere 05-02-2011 03:09 AM

Dw
Very good price on the pipes! I might just ask the length and weight while at it ;) I'm fiddeling with a HET Mig-21 that will need a pipe.

350mm and 78.8gram

regards

Dave

Dave Wilshere 05-03-2011 11:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Started work last night on a turn key Habu 32T for a customer. He wanted the Tams gear set supplied by Boomerang Jets in the UK. Wing trimmed and new nose cover rough cut to clear the leg.

Dw