RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   NCs FIRST IN FLIGHT Jet Rally (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10389047-ncs-first-flight-jet-rally.html)

RC Larry-RCU 03-09-2011 10:51 AM

NCs FIRST IN FLIGHT Jet Rally

Thats right folks! NC's second annual "First in Flight" Jet rally is on, MAy 26th to 29th 2011, and WE WANT YOU! Even with little time to organize, last years event was a huge success, and we're really excited about this years event. Thanks to the great folks of the City of Wilson, and the Wilson Industrial Air Center, we're going to be provided an awesome facility to fly from. This years event places us SHOW CENTER on their 4000' X 150' runway. The EAA will be providing their huge hanger for over night storage of our models. Motor homes and campers will be conveniently located between the FBO office and EAA hanger. We'll also have a 48' simulator set up for both jet pilots and spectators, thanks to the great team of Guru Aviation. No pregistration for pilots is required, but pre-event tent rentals are available. We'll be listing those rates along with other important info soon. And dont forget. This is Memorial Day Weekend! Many folks have the following Monday off, allowing them to travel home that day. That means FLYING all day Sunday! :) So grab your markers, flip that calendar to MAY, and put "First in Flight" on your schedule! We look forward to seeing you there.

Larry Lewis CD

RC Larry-RCU 03-09-2011 11:14 AM

RE: NCs FIRST IN FLIGHT Jet Rally

1 Attachment(s)
Heres the official event flyer. Feel free to print off copies and pass'em around!

RC Larry-RCU 03-09-2011 11:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So where's Wilson, NC. Well, as you can see on the attached map, it's about mid way between New York City and Daytona Beach along the Interstate I-95 corridor. So it's centrally located for almost all East coast jet enthusiasts while still be very accessible from the West via Interstate I-40. It's about 550 miles east of Nashville, TN.

RC Larry-RCU 03-09-2011 11:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And talk about convenient! It's only about 2 miles off Interstate I-95 at exit 121 (NC264 Alt) as you can clearly see in the attached aerial view from Google Maps.

RC Larry-RCU 03-09-2011 11:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
There are many hotels right at exit 121 on I-95, too. So they are about 2-3 miles from the flying site! See the aerial view below for general locations of several of them. And here's a list to choose from with distance and price information. You can find detailed info on each of these by following this link and scrolling all the way to the bottom of the page. And there is a phone number and promo code that you can use to make reservations using this Airnav service.

Below is a list of motels near the airport, but for more detailed info, you can visit the Wilson Industriual Air Center website. They have links to all the motels in the area near the bottom of the page.
http://www.airnav.com/airport/W03

Hotels near Wilson Industrial Air Center Airport

Miles Price ($)
QUALITY INN AND SUITES 1.8 75-76
CANDLEWOOD SUITES WILSON 2.1 72-73
COMFORT SUITES WILSON 2.1
SLEEP INN WILSON 2.1 80-81
MICROTEL WILSON 2.1 59-60
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS HOTEL & SUITES WILSON (HAYES PLACE) 2.1 84-103
FAIRFIELD INN & SUITES BY MARRIOTT WILSON 2.1 109-124
COUNTRY INN & SUITES BY CARLSON, WILSON, NC 2.2 93-124
HAMPTON INN SUITES WILSON I95 2.2 98-174
HAMPTON INN WILSON DOWNTOWN 2.3 104-164
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS HOTEL & SUITES WILSON-DOWNTOWN 3.7 89-114
DAYS INN WILSON 3.7 56-72
SUPER 8 WILSON 4.3 50-54
ECONO LODGE WILSON 5.2 55-60

RC Larry-RCU 03-09-2011 11:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
There are many, many choices for food within about a 3 mile radius of the flying site, too. Each "dot" in the image below is just one of many nearby restaurants that span that full range : breakfast, burgers, pizza, subs, steaks, Mexican, seafood, home cooking, or just about anything you could want! There's no driving an hour to find something good to eat here!

meps 03-09-2011 11:44 AM

Can't wait for this First Class Jet Meet. It was Awesome last year and I'm sure it will be even more Awesomer( if that's a word) this year!
Steve

RC Larry-RCU 03-09-2011 12:09 PM

Of COURSE thats a word Steve. I DoubleDguarohntee its in da dictionary bud! lol
We're really excited about this years event. Already there is a lot of chatter going around about the 2011 FIF. We're expecting a big turn out this year ( as if last years wasnt!) and the City of Wilson will be promoting it to the general public for us. They enjoyed this event so much last year that they've moved us to center stage this year. That is thanks to all the great pilots we had demonstration their awesome flying skills! EVERYONE did a great job with flying, safety, and clean up before they left the venue. We couldnt have asked for anything better. As you know, this is a FLYERS EVENT, and everyone gets plenty of time in the pilot's station.

RC Larry-RCU 03-09-2011 12:37 PM

OK, one more post for today. I know many of you wanted to know about the Pre-event Tent Rentals. Below is a list of tent sizes and prices that apply. Also listed are prices on tables, registration fees, vendor slots, and RC/Camper fees. Just like last year, we will be accepting VISA,M/C, and A Ex. We can also accept Pay Pal.

Pilot Registration $45 ( No Pre-Registration required )

Tents:
20 X 20 $250
20 X 20 w/sides $315 ( available in solid or clear sides )
30 X 30 $425
30 X 30 w/sides $530 ( available in solid or clear sides )

Tables $ 10 each ( 8 ft plastic )

RV or Camper Slot $10 per night ( sorry, no tent camping allowed )

Vendors Fee $100

Tent space location will be determined by when order is received. The sooner you order, the closer you are to the flight line!
We will accept cancellations up until MAY 19th 2011

To place your order, contact:
Larry Lewis CD
919-215-3946

jeteye 03-09-2011 12:48 PM

Will see you there. Fantastic event, and a ton of fun!

invertmast 03-09-2011 04:02 PM

Definitely can't wait for this years meet! Last year was a blast, and it can only get better. See you guys soon!

RC Larry-RCU 03-09-2011 04:32 PM

ORIGINAL: jeteye

Will see you there. Fantastic event, and a ton of fun!
Bring It On General!!!! We're excited about seeing you again. This years lay out will be a lot like yours in KY bud! Ive been taking notes every where we go! ;)

RC Larry-RCU 03-09-2011 04:33 PM

ORIGINAL: invertmast

Definitely can't wait for this years meet! Last year was a blast, and it can only get better. See you guys soon!
Thats great Thomas! Bring one of those Euro's with ya. They love this NC air! ;)

hooker53 03-09-2011 04:47 PM

I'v had this on my cal. all year. Can't wait. Gonna be a two jet meet for me. Mabey!!!! Ha. Invert-Start buying that Kero man!!! Thanks for all the hard work Larry!!! Roy

invertmast 03-09-2011 05:11 PM

ORIGINAL: hooker53

I'v had this on my cal. all year. Can't wait. Gonna be a two jet meet for me. Mabey!!!! Ha. Invert-Start buying that Kero man!!! Thanks for all the hard work Larry!!! Roy

I'm going to start draining all the king-airs sitting on the ramp on monday! So lets see.... 35 airplanes x 370gallons per plane = 12,950 gallons.. that should be enough :D

f106jax 03-09-2011 05:15 PM

Gonna be another great event Larry! The center field location will be perfect.

Cindy and I are anxious for the warm weather and the First in Flight! See you soon.

hooker53 03-09-2011 05:24 PM

ORIGINAL: invertmast

ORIGINAL: hooker53

I'm going to start draining all the king-airs sitting on the ramp on monday! So lets see.... 35 airplanes x 370gallons per plane = 12,950 gallons.. that should be enough :D
Thomas-That depends on where we go down on Thursday or Friday!!!! :D

zonker123 03-09-2011 05:25 PM

I guess if I can ride 11 hours to Florida Jets I ought to be able to drive the fifty minutes its takes me to get to Wilson.

All the sacrifice I make is just for you Larry!!!

It will be a good time.

mike

RC Larry-RCU 03-09-2011 07:17 PM

Youre All Heart Mike!!!!! lol

bevar 03-09-2011 08:37 PM

I'm in!

Ron Stahl 03-10-2011 03:44 AM

I made my hotel reservations months ago. We'll be down from the Baltimore area first thing Thursday. See all of you there.

RC Larry-RCU 03-10-2011 12:05 PM

Ron, If you loose any more weight than you have already, you'll have to reintroduce yourself AGAIN!!!! I was amazed buddy.

Meesh 03-10-2011 12:18 PM

Hey Mike Lesher

Me, Brian, Domenic and Bob S. are coming down.

Any other guys from out PA way coming?

Bob Michaud

f106jax 03-10-2011 12:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Meesh

Hey Mike Lesher

Me, Brian, Domenic and Bob S. are coming down.

Any other guys from out PA way coming?

Bob Michaud
Hey Fireman Bob,

The Malchione boys make the trip but I don't believe that anyone else from Amishland treks that far south. Glad to hear that the popcorn ball contingent will be there!

RC Larry-RCU 03-10-2011 01:03 PM

Well,,, you have to admit it Mike. Its quite a long ride down by horse and buggy!!!