RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Hi Speed ARF Jet (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10460526-hi-speed-arf-jet.html)

Alireza-m 04-13-2011 09:59 AM

Hi Speed ARF Jet

Hi All
I am looking for fast ARF jet can pass 450 Kmh or more , I know JMP Firbird but it is a kit .
I have experience with Graupner HarpoonII and Carf Eurosport Evo with Behotec JB180 Gold , they can go around 400 Kmh.
If anyone have experience in this case, please advise me .
Regards
Ali

Andrew Bird 04-13-2011 10:07 AM

RE: Hi Speed ARF Jet

Uh oh......

I suspect this isn't the place to be asking. Given the scrutiny the US government is giving the hobby, and the AMA limit of 200 mph (320KMH), I'm not sure a US based forum is going to be too helpful. I suspect your location won't help either, given the current climate, although it sounds like you are free of speed restrictions there.

ddlstang 04-13-2011 10:21 AM

[sm=drowning.gif] fishy

basimpsn 04-13-2011 10:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Alireza-m

Hi All
I am looking for fast ARF jet can pass 450 Kmh or more , I know JMP Firbird but it is a kit .
I have experience with Graupner HarpoonII and Carf Eurosport Evo with Behotec JB180 Gold , they can go around 400 Kmh.
If anyone have experience in this case, please advise me .
Regards
Ali
There are gliders that can go that fast and harmless :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oix6sHKzOLU

Duncan 04-13-2011 10:44 AM

Try reading the OP again, he asked for 450kph (279mph) the gliders in the USA are hitting 450mph!!

George 04-13-2011 10:47 AM

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/t...icons/lurk.gif

basimpsn 04-13-2011 10:50 AM

I am looking for fast ARF jet can pass 450 Kmh or more
I guess you need to read his statement again :eek:

Okk i forgot the smiley face :D:D:D for joking:eek:

Hmm let me guess,, he was talking about a jet

hofer 04-13-2011 11:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Alireza,

Well, if you intend to go above 270mph, there is nothing comparable out there but the JMP Firebird ! ( I am talking about a real jet here, not a flying triangle without gear !! )
But, be aware, straying away that much from average ALWAYS includes some serious hardware and definitly a big amount of your time, building and flying skill !
You just can NOT buy it somewhere RTF without risking your investment as well as your environment !!
see you
Hans ( happy Firebird flyer !! )

FenderBean 04-13-2011 12:06 PM

I think the FAA limits is knots

Andrew Bird 04-13-2011 12:17 PM

ORIGINAL: FenderBean

I think the FAA limits is knots
FAA limits are knots but our limit is 200MPH by the AMA at AMA fields. I do wonder whether (and assume it is) if flying at a private field, the FAA limit of 250kt (288mph) is applicable.

reo 04-13-2011 01:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Andrew Bird

Uh oh......

I suspect this isn't the place to be asking.
Interesting comment, I always assumed this was a worldwide forum to exchange ideas and ask for advice from others in the hobby. This gentleman does not fly in the US, is not based in the US and his question is valid as far as I'm concerned...really has nothing to do with the issues currently being dealt with in the US.

Andrew Bird 04-13-2011 01:33 PM

As a British bloke living in the US, part of me entirely agrees. Unfortunately, it is a US run forum and I suspect there are many interested eyes out there from various authorities. It's great that he's unlimited but I just wouldn't expect a lot of the American audience on here to come along and tell someone in Iran how to get hold of a 200mph + ARTF toy jet right now.

FILE IFR 04-13-2011 01:47 PM

It's great that he's unlimited but I just wouldn't expect a lot of the American audience on here to come along and tell someone in Iran how to get hold of a 200mph + ARTF toy jet right now.

;)

If he asks what ARF can carry an 18# payload, I'm calling the UN. :D

G4guy 04-13-2011 02:00 PM

Is there actually someone flying RC in Iran?

molo_30 04-13-2011 02:26 PM

As a British bloke living in the US, part of me entirely agrees. Unfortunately, it is a US run forum and I suspect there are many interested eyes out there from various authorities. It's great that he's unlimited but I just wouldn't expect a lot of the American audience on here to come along and tell someone in Iran how to get hold of a 200mph + ARTF toy jet right now.
What are you, MI6?

schroedm 04-13-2011 03:08 PM

ORIGINAL: molo_30

What are you, MI6?
His name's Bird.....Andrew Bird.......MI6 and a half.......license to break Krills...:D :D

Andrew Bird 04-13-2011 03:14 PM

ORIGINAL: schroedm

ORIGINAL: molo_30

What are you, MI6?
His name's Bird.....Andrew Bird.......MI6 and a half.......license to break Krills...:D :D
:D
Cheeky git! Unfortunately less MI6 and more middle aged, frustrated and confused........

Kometfreak 04-13-2011 06:40 PM

The knock on your front door this evening isn't the pizza delivery guy, but Homeland Security.

LGM Graphix 04-13-2011 08:04 PM

ORIGINAL: basimpsn

LOL, harmless, wanna catch ;) hahaha

C_Roundy 04-14-2011 01:24 AM

ORIGINAL: reo

Uh oh......

I suspect this isn't the place to be asking.
Interesting comment, I always assumed this was a worldwide forum to exchange ideas and ask for advice from others in the hobby. This gentleman does not fly in the US, is not based in the US and his question is valid as far as I'm concerned...really has nothing to do with the issues currently being dealt with in the US.
Interesting comment about an interesting comment. Make no mistake, the numbers that he / she / they? are talking about will not be done with an "ARF" per se. That said, shame on you for being so callously naive reo

If you, as a Canadian, or any other Nationality, had asked me the same question, I would have reiterated the sheer naivete' of your request right back at you too.

Alireza-m 04-14-2011 01:25 AM

Dear Friends,
I surprised, because some posts are not friendly and want to change my post concept, I dont know why !?
Anyway I am a modeler and it is my hobby and here is a hobby from ,RCU is US base ,but it is hobby not a war so I am able to ask my question and share my experience with other guys ,if anyone have experience and advise me ,I appreciated , but I did not understand some posts mining !?
I know US and some other government they have very bad advertisement about IRAN, but IRAN and Iranian people are not same as you think ,Unfortunately we have not good government and most of the peoples they dont like them.
For your information In Iran our government they have some UAV jets can go faster than 950Kmh ( you can check the info in internet ) so hobby and military field is completely different , it is my hobby and I like speed too much .
I believe Most of you guys know some modelers in US and Europe they fly hi speed jets with more than 540 kmh so I want to know they have conflict with the government ?
Some Friends ask me about Iran RC Model situation , Yes in Iran we have full range of model part and accessories and here we have one of largest Model Shops in Middle East .I know some modelers with 40 years experience . you can see some photos via this link : http://www.tehranhobby.com/index.php/gallery
OK let me back to the question ,About Firbird , this is a kit and at this moment I am not able to build this kit ,I talked with Tom Cook to make it ready but the cost is so high, so I am looking for another arf jet .
Thank you and Regards.
Ali

Alpenglider 04-14-2011 03:21 AM

Hi Ali,

my name is Thomas and i am from Germany!

All that counts for me is that you like the smell of Kerosin and Top Speed, everything else is not of intereess for me.

You have asked a question and i try to give an answer.

Do you have any preference on the looks, shape of a speed plane? here in Germany, they like to fly a high speed delta plane with the name Inferno. This is an all composite plane which i think is startet with abungee rubber, no landing gear. They use up to qikg trust turbines, the top speed is insane! All once i a while you can find one of these planes here on ebay. I cannot give you any pricing of these planes, but they are sure way cheaper as a firebird. Dont misumderstand, i would like to own a firebird myselfe some day.

If you do a search on google, i am sure you will find some information on the inferno plane.
If i can be of any help for getting more information on thiss plane, i am more then glad to help!

RC has nothing to do with politics!

Cheers, Thomas

C_Roundy 04-14-2011 03:33 AM

Let it go, you will not find any of what you are asking for here.

MODs? kick in and shut this down.

basimpsn 04-14-2011 03:42 AM

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

ORIGINAL: basimpsn

LOL, harmless, wanna catch ;) hahaha
Ding ding :);)

C_Roundy 04-14-2011 03:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Alpenglider

Hi Ali,

my name is Thomas and i am from Germany!

All that counts for me is that you like the smell of Kerosin and Top Speed, everything else is not of intereess for me.

You have asked a question and i try to give an answer.

Do you have any preference on the looks, shape of a speed plane? here in Germany, they like to fly a high speed delta plane with the name Inferno. This is an all composite plane which i think is startet with abungee rubber, no landing gear. They use up to qikg trust turbines, the top speed is insane! All once i a while you can find one of these planes here on ebay. I cannot give you any pricing of these planes, but they are sure way cheaper as a firebird. Dont misumderstand, i would like to own a firebird myselfe some day.

If you do a search on google, i am sure you will find some information on the inferno plane.
If i can be of any help for getting more information on thiss plane, i am more then glad to help!

RC has nothing to do with politics!

Cheers, Thomas
You Sir, are goddamnded LLAR. you are not from Germany,

I cannot abide by liars.