RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   BEST IN THE WEST JET RALLY DATES AND LOCATION (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10558877-best-west-jet-rally-dates-location.html)

Wap4life 09-30-2011 03:56 PM

RE: BEST IN THE WEST JET RALLY DATES AND LOCATION

Wish i was there!</p>

hiflyerjr 10-01-2011 03:45 PM

Hey, where are all the pics. Great job on all them videos B-1Bob, keep them coming. They are intertaining. Thanks [8D]
Jose

David Searles 10-02-2011 11:21 AM

I just got home this morning from absolutely the BEST, BITW event ever! A big thank you, as well as congratulations, to Joey and Lowell for getting everyone together and, putting on such a first class event!

I'm sure there will be many pics forth coming. The wireless at the hotels most were staying at was way too slow to upload pics.

A big thank you also, to Ali, for helping me get the Hun sorted! I'm quite certain Ali put in more flights in four days, than I get in a year! He was constantly on the flight line, ready to help anyone who asked! AWESOME!

For those who missed it, the Sat noon Shock & Awe Show was spectacular! Two A-10's piloted by Smokin Joe McBride & Ali Machinchy and an F-18 flown by the "missing man", Dave Presta "brought the rain"! Good to see DP back in action and hasn't lost any of his skills!

Sign me up for next year right now! It's a "Can't Miss" event!

David S

GSR 10-02-2011 12:14 PM

To quote comic book guy " Best Best in the West EVER". Thanks to Joey and Lowell for all the hard work in getting this event off the ground , and it is ALOT of hard work. Who I was amazed and profoundly thankful to were the BARKS members who helped work event and ran the flight line. Without exception I can say that was the most effectively and best run flight line I have EVER worked with. THANKS GUYS, I would try and name you all but I am sure I would forget someone. Food was great, carnage was low flying was amazing. The best part was just hanging out with people that I do not see near often enough and meeting some more that I would like to add to the list.
Again I would try and list everyone that I was thankful to for some little or large thing that they did that made me happier to be on this earth, but I would forget some one so, thanks EVERYONE.

uncljoe 10-02-2011 02:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yo Scotty.... sure hope Captain Kurk does not use the map to find the hotel......:D
Airworld F9F 5 /Epic formation flying / P59 Airacomet
more to come have to /down load/up load

uncljoe 10-02-2011 02:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
pix

uncljoe 10-02-2011 03:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thursday's. A few of [8D]Luminaries.....

uncljoe 10-02-2011 05:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
x

gonzalom 10-02-2011 06:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you so much to Joe and Lowell for your invitation! we had a BLAST flying the turbine helos with Matthias! and the show was spectacular! sooooo well organized.
I was so deligthed to see so many good friends! I wish I stayed longer!!!

Best,

Gonzalo

sticks-RCU 10-02-2011 07:13 PM

I just pulled in, what a great trip. Thanks again Joe and Lowell and everyone else that made this one of the best events I have attended. Hope to see you all next year.
John

jet time 10-02-2011 07:37 PM

Got home a little while ago and I am beat! What a week. This was without a doubt the best BITW ever. Thank you Joey for all the work you put into this....and a HUGE thank you to the great guys in the BARKS club. You guys were awesome. I have never seen a group like yourselves get behind an event and make it happen! THANK YOU ALL!. I wont start with names because I wouldn't know where to stop...you were all great. We had some great sponsors and for me a couple of new guys from GYRO Hobbies. Paul and Neal thanks for everything.
UJ, please keep the pictures coming. You are an artist with the shutter! Those are some great photo's for sure.
Big D, thanks for picking up Lewis and bringing him out. I think he had fun!! This is one event where I never heard a complaint. How nice was that!! Thank you to all that attended and enjoyed yourself. Please post all the pictures and video's you took. Let's show the others what they missed!! ;)
Well, that's all for tonight...nodding as I type. Just a big thanks again to all who attended and to Ali for ringing out the Phantom!!

Lowell
Best in the West

gregg f 10-02-2011 07:45 PM

Great time. Most fun and laid back event I've experienced on the West Coast.
Joe, Nancy and Lowell you worked so hard and it showed!
The Barks club volunteers were awesome. They worked tirelessly so that everything ran smoothly and with a smile...
Cant wait for the next one..

Joe C 10-02-2011 08:38 PM

I like to say thank you to all the BARKS members who volunteered there time to help run the show. I think we had like 14 or 15 members. The flight line crew (3) were fantastic, the line ran so smooth, thanks guys; Todd, Mike, Rick. I like to give a big thanks to my girlfriend Nancy, the amount of work she put in is way over the top, and she took 2 days off from work to run the registration table, Thurs and Friday and Saturday as well. Lowell thanks for all your support and help with the show. Thanks to all the pilots and crew who attended and traveled far, and to Ali who was never away from the flight line helping others fly there jets. He was this year's Best In The West Awarded The Colonel Robert Thacker Award, Congrats and well deserved. Thanks to all the vendors and sponsors, and to our food vendor who provided breakfast and lunch Thurs, Friday and Saturday, including our Friday night pilot dinner at the field. Time now to relax and watch some FOOTBALL, thank God!!!! Joe C!!

quist 10-03-2011 06:57 AM

After Monday night football is over tonight you can start planning for next years event.

We will all be coming back.

Ali 10-03-2011 07:08 AM

I think it might take a while for me to recover from this one :D A solid week of non stop flying, eating and laughing! What a superb event, thanks to all those that made it happen, and all those that made it memorable.
Joe and Nancy once again worked tirelessly for months in advance. The guys at the BARKS club who put loads of effort in. My good friend Douglas for cooking some of the most amazing steaks, and providing all the hospitality early on in the week for us hardcore fliers ;) Presta, Ian, Scotty, Terry, Tam, John, James and Dave. The guys from Gyro hobbies Neil and Paul for a smoking deal on my new Kingact....... Damn!!! The list is bloody endless :D A massive thanks to Raff for being a super sport, and a great laugh. Anyone with as many issues as him and that can laugh about them all has to commended :D ( Sorry couldn't resist one more pop buddy) All those that trusted me with their planes, sorry if they came back in a different state than when I got them. Hopefully more came back with improvements than not :eek:?
A quick video clip that was taken on my phone on banquet night sums up just a small amount of the fine we had at Best in the west!
Regards Al
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww-lP...t=HL1317653936

RCISFUN 10-03-2011 08:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ali, you seem to have a theme going here, you taking photos of Lewis and the I phone...:D:D:D
Here are some from the 2009 FL Jets and some screen captures from your vid...
For some reason Lewis always has the same reaction :D:D;)

uncljoe 10-03-2011 08:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
pix

uncljoe 10-03-2011 09:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Friday

uncljoe 10-03-2011 09:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
x

FalconWings 10-03-2011 09:10 AM

Such many beautiful airframes, but I have to admit that the F-14 has the greatest personality in the air.

uncljoe 10-03-2011 09:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
x

Ali 10-03-2011 09:30 AM

Some human interest photos from the event.
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...y/IMG_8140.jpg
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...y/IMG_8145.jpg
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...y/IMG_8162.jpg

Ali 10-03-2011 09:31 AM

I call this one Beauty and the beast!

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...y/IMG_8168.jpg

uncljoe 10-03-2011 09:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
x

RCISFUN 10-03-2011 10:23 AM