RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Custom painting (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10695504-custom-painting.html)

Eaglepilot2 05-01-2012 10:37 AM

RE: Custom painting

Wow! and I thought a regular thunderbird scheme was difficult!!

oversprayer 05-08-2012 03:52 PM

Thanks!I will be going to Joe Nall this weekend and some of the nextweek. I will have a couple of jets there as well as a couple ofthe large scaleRC boats. I hope to meet some of you guys there.

oversprayer 05-18-2012 11:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just got back from my first ever Joe Nall. And it was awesome! I have to thank everyone that helped me out with displaying my work while at the event. Cheif Aircraft and Jet central thanks for putting up with me all week!! here are some pics of one of my displays at the chief tents. I am looking forward to painting many aircraft here in the future from this event.

David Searles 05-18-2012 01:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OVERSPRAYER,

Could you do this artwork on the tail? I have a BVM Rafale thinking of repainting in this scheme.

David S

oversprayer 05-18-2012 01:21 PM

Yep I could do that. You can give me a call and we can go over the details. my number is 321-693-8801 and you can email me through my website, oversprayer.com

oversprayer 05-29-2012 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my next project coming up, Chief aircraft dropped it off over the weekend and said do your thing. so I have alot of ideas but not sure the direction yet. I know it will have candy purple and silver and flourescent yellow.

FILE IFR 05-29-2012 02:41 PM

Oversprayer, in my opinion of course, you're the best painter I've seen in the hobby.

oversprayer 05-29-2012 04:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
WOW, Thank you so much, ItsaGod given talent that I have finally been able to use as a steady income.Before it was just a hobby, then a hobby that got out of control, but now I do it everyday and love it. Because I get to play with peoples cool toys and make them look even cooler.like this package deal I just did for a customer. Thanks again!!

oversprayer 06-22-2012 11:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not a jet but it has turbines painted on it. This is a Transformers 3D themed paint scheme that I am doing for Cheif Aircraft. Iwill post more as I progress.

oversprayer 06-22-2012 06:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is a couple more,

oversprayer 06-24-2012 05:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the top side.

ZivBit 06-24-2012 07:40 PM

Unreal.

Ziv

oversprayer 06-28-2012 01:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is the latest on the Krill that i am doing.

asimace 07-04-2012 03:43 AM

Your ability is just insane!
Keep the pictures coming, I think you will soon have worldwide customers!
Mauri

FILE IFR 07-04-2012 07:24 AM

WOW!

It's almost a shame to risk the art by flying it. Superior job 'Sprayer.

oversprayer 07-07-2012 05:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you both so much for the nice comments. here is the plane finished and dropped off at chief aircraft.

ZivBit 07-08-2012 01:06 PM

Shame to fly it... belongs in a museum :)

Ziv

oversprayer 07-08-2012 05:09 PM

thank you, i am pretty sure thay are going to fly it. Nothing crazy probably. but got to figure out what power plant to put in it first. a radial is an idea.

oversprayer 07-24-2012 01:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my latest, Two Carf Model Turboprop Marchetti's. I still have to spray the flat clear on them then they will be finished. It is an automotive clear so these will have UVprotection and durability.

oversprayer 07-26-2012 04:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok here they are done with the flat clear sprayed on them. you can see how the clear evens out the color and gives a great looking finish. the best part is that they are just as protected from the sun and durable as a regular shinny clearcoat.

GR7Racer 07-26-2012 08:26 AM

Can you give us an idea of the technique you use to get a "soft edge" on your camo pattern?

Looks great!
KennyMac

oversprayer 07-26-2012 04:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I used my Iwata hp bcs airbrush to out line then filled it in and used my minijet. here is some of them assembled.

oversprayer 07-27-2012 12:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is a pilot that i just did for a krill model extra 330. cant wait to get the plane.

InboundLZ 07-27-2012 01:02 PM

I used my Iwata hp bcs airbrush to out line then filled it in and used my minijet. here is some of them assembled.
Yeah, yeah, yeah....and then you had a sandwich and watched the game. Every painter guy I have ever talked sounds exactly the same, "I just did this, blew on some of that, and shot some clear...no big deal" or my personal favorite "It only took me a few hours..."

Don't get me wrong, that's some nice work...it's just very frustrating for me as paint can make or more likely break a project...nobody see's the hours and hours of construction, all they see is the finish and if you are not a painter, well....

Again, very nice work.....

oversprayer 07-27-2012 06:26 PM

Thanks, Paint is the first the you see and the last thing you remeber that is for sure. and when doing any project you have to be meticulous with your prepping. There is a saying that I like to use for painting, your top is only as good as your bottom. I do this stuff for a living and I need to be fast, and have learned many ways to speed up doing these processes. Otherwise I wouldnt be making any money. But quality can never be compromised.