RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Poll - Worst Jet Kit Manufacturer (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10737251-poll-worst-jet-kit-manufacturer.html)

AndyAndrews 09-27-2011 02:53 PM

Poll - Worst Jet Kit Manufacturer

This is sort of a reverse poll. It should be helpful to the manufacturer who wins to become more cognizant of where they stand in the eyes of the jet community, ie., their customers. Hopefully, they will use this knowledge to work on improving their value proposition as it relates to quality, service and overall customer satisfaction.

Let me know if I missed one and I will add it to the list. All are in alphebetical order.

POLL cancelled

KC36330 09-27-2011 03:20 PM

RE: Poll - Worst Jet Kit Manufacturer

disregard, you were editing as i was entering.

trioval00 09-27-2011 03:26 PM

from the list you have compiled, I would buy a jet from any of them..............

Mark

RAPPTOR 09-27-2011 03:42 PM

:DThere all good ones..were is the bad list??:eek:

bevar 09-27-2011 03:45 PM

A clear winner has already roared into the lead it seems.

SGT.SHAGGY 09-27-2011 03:46 PM

You have more great than bad on that list

bevar 09-27-2011 03:51 PM

Well said...

Beave

ORIGINAL: SGT.SHAGGY

You have more great than bad on that list

mavrick 09-27-2011 04:00 PM

HI Andy
You fgorgot PST but I have nothing but praise for them FANTASTIC company to deal with.
Regards
Mav

AndyAndrews 09-27-2011 04:18 PM

ORIGINAL: mavrick

HI Andy
You fgorgot PST but I have nothing but praise for them FANTASTIC company to deal with.
Regards
Mav
Ah,, I'll add them. LOL Remember, the idea is to NOT get votes in this poll!

afterburner 09-27-2011 04:25 PM

Century Jet?

Marty

RCISFUN 09-27-2011 04:33 PM

Andy
Where's the poll???

LGM Graphix 09-27-2011 04:33 PM

Well that was fast, it says the poll is closed already!

AndyAndrews 09-27-2011 04:36 PM

Ok, I had to shut the old poll down and restart. I added Century Jets and PST. I think this covers all of them. So everyone recast your vote please!
Andy

AndyAndrews 09-27-2011 04:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pie chart of the previous results before I closed it down adding the other two manufacturers:

AndyAndrews 09-27-2011 06:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
someone asked for a bar graph instead of a pie chart:

Wayne22 09-27-2011 06:34 PM

when this one is done, you should do a poll on the worst turbine manufacturer..... It would be interesting to see who is second....[>:]

Doug Cronkhite 09-27-2011 07:08 PM

FWIW.. the worst jet kit manufacturer I've ever seen was Bob Parkinson Models, but they don't do turbine kits.. so they're not really relevant anymore.

KC36330 09-27-2011 07:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Doug Cronkhite

FWIW.. the worst jet kit manufacturer I've ever seen was Bob Parkinson Models, but they don't do turbine kits.. so they're not really relevant anymore.

come on now, the regal eagle with byro-fan wasn't a half bad combo.

rcguy59 09-27-2011 07:20 PM

You forgot TBM. And yes, they get MY vote.

rcguy! 09-28-2011 12:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Wayne22

when this one is done, you should do a poll on the worst turbine manufacturer..... It would be interesting to see who is second....[>:]
Simjet

Dave

olnico 09-28-2011 02:57 AM

Very good idea Andy.
The result is not surprising and it keeps building up.
I guess that the new building technique is going to bring more in flight airframe failures and more disappointed customers.
I had a fairly comprehensive chat at Jet Power with these guys and they clearly did not know the pros and cons of Nomex technology as well as its limitations.
For example I asked if it could be possible to have the main wing spar made of balsa/carbon sandwich with vertical webbing instead of nomex/carbon sandwich. The answer was: "no, we do not use balsa anymore in our kits, nomex is much stronger".
Good luck guys...

RCISFUN 09-28-2011 03:07 AM

ORIGINAL: rcguy!

ORIGINAL: Wayne22

Simjet

Dave
Really...

I would have though that you would have mentioned your favorite Chinese manufacturer:D:D

marc s 09-28-2011 03:16 AM

Pirotti & GDS should go on too - new but big kits....

marcs

RCISFUN 09-28-2011 03:21 AM

Andy
Is it possible to create a poll that allows ranking (maybe 1st, 2nd and 3rd)?

As with any opinion poll with only one vote the results maybe driven by what people have heard (reputation) rather than first hand experience, so we may be missing other mfg's who deserve a vote but could not get one.

Stig Andersen 09-28-2011 03:38 AM

Hello.
The poll is not really surprising, I guess.
I think that the worst part about some of the manufaturers is, that many of the issues we have with them, could have been prevented if they made quality control of the finshed parts, before closing the box with a kit and shipping it out to the customer. A fellow modeller recently purchased a kit from a well known European manufaturer. I was quite surprised to see that some of the parts in the kit really looked as if they weren't meant for use. He is now very disapointed, to say the least.