RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   GRYPHON - build thread (sports/trainer 2m composite jet) (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10843838-gryphon-build-thread-sports-trainer-2m-composite-jet.html)

Xairflyer 12-05-2011 08:17 AM

RE: GRYPHON - build thread (sports/trainer 2m composite jet)

yes dos'nt seem to be working

marc s 12-05-2011 08:23 AM

Redwings is in the process of changing server suppliers so its going to be down for a short while, I'll try to help if there are any questions on this new jet.

marcs

bigplumbs 12-05-2011 08:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So looking at the add below I was wondering what a Distributor in the Free Zone was now I know you get a free Gryphoon with every Stinger you buy :D

Am I correct :D

Dennis

steve2972 12-05-2011 08:56 AM

I like the white/pink/orange/red kinda` trim.Something different for a change other than the normal very boring/safe "airforce" sport schemes:D

Dr Honda 12-05-2011 09:03 AM

I like the Yellow/Blue paint... it looks like my SuMo. (and every old Suzuki)

OK... I know... get back to work... :D

tucson 12-05-2011 09:51 AM

I really like the looks of this new plane. Looks a little like my Flash.

The big question for me though, is how does it fly. Does the term trainer jet mean that it will be easy to land, say like the Elan?

Stan

weazel1 12-05-2011 10:51 AM

any videos of it and what is the usa price

marc s 12-05-2011 10:59 AM

Will shoot video and Ali will give a flight report just as soon as we get this one built and test flown.

I will post here updates.

marcs

mikedenilin 12-05-2011 11:08 AM

Hi Stan,

Global Jet Club of USA division will become the exclusive dealer for the North America market. We are in the process of importing them into the States. That's the another brands from Italy that we are starting to import this year alone. This should be a great pattern ship. I plan to try it with a Merlin VT-80.

The pricing will be announced in our website later this month as we are finalizing the shipping costs and other details. Regards,

Mike
www.globaljetclub.com

Duncan 12-05-2011 11:10 AM

Good luck with the new model Marc. I have to say apart from the scheme's it's a much better looking model than the other new one announced last week.

dav.ie 12-05-2011 11:24 AM

Is this just the old italian "Shelaik" (I think that is right . . .Not sure) arf jet trainer re-badged under a different company re-badged name at all or is it totally different? Looks like it but could be wrong.

bigplumbs 12-05-2011 11:37 AM

ORIGINAL: marc s

Will shoot video and Ali will give a flight report just as soon as we get this one built and test flown.

I will post here updates.

marcs

Yes but videos with Ali flying it arnt that representative. He can fly a kitchen sink and make it look good. We need a video of an average Joe flying it to be a real test

Dennis

tucson 12-05-2011 11:54 AM

Dennis,

LOL, very funny the way you put it.

Why don't you ask Marc if he will let you test fly it also.

Stan

Mike06659 12-05-2011 11:54 AM

Ballpark price range for complete arf here in the states including landing geat,pipe,etc??

tucson 12-05-2011 11:59 AM

Hi Mike,

Thanks for letting me know You will be the exclusive dealer here in the states.

This could be a good one for you if they keep the price competitive.

I was thinking of a P100.

Stan

bigplumbs 12-05-2011 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: tucson

Dennis,

LOL, very funny the way you put it.

Why don't you ask Marc if he will let you test fly it also.

Stan
Might be an idea but I said an average Joe. I am way below average :D

steve2972 12-05-2011 12:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Duncan

Good luck with the new model Marc. I have to say apart from the scheme's it's a much better looking model than the other new one announced last week.
I like the colour schemes,something different and brash.Also really like the new model announced last week as I have one sitting in my Garage:D!

bigplumbs 12-05-2011 12:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Mike06659

Ballpark price range for complete arf here in the states including landing geat,pipe,etc??

I am going to guess a US Price............. This is based on no knowledge at all just a punt................ So all as described plus landing gear I am going to guess $ 1899.00

Dennis

Mike06659 12-05-2011 01:41 PM

I see, I guess Modellbau's Hurricane will still be cheaper then. They look similar though.

bigplumbs 12-05-2011 01:54 PM

Looks like the base price in the UK will be £1400.00. So more like $2100 at least.................. Bit too much I recon. Still I am sure some will be prepared to pay this sort of price

Dennis

marc s 12-05-2011 02:09 PM

Dennis,

Your a one, "Bit too much I recon" - recon for what!

On what grounds do you base your pearly wisdom my friend?

marcs

Mike06659 12-05-2011 02:11 PM

I hope it is priced well there is def a shortage of a good sport jet in this size. If priced right it will sell like hotcakes :)

bigplumbs 12-05-2011 02:34 PM

Dennis,

Your a one, ''Bit too much I recon'' - recon for what!

marcs

Just my view. I am sure others will have their views also. I believe that it is possible to make a value judgement on anything compared to anything else and in my view £1400 for a base model suggesting that you could possibly get as high as say £1750 if per chance you perhaps wanted a bit of paint on it for example is I feel IMHO too much for a new kid on the block in terms of toy planes. The fact that it is from the land of pasta and guys with over active wedding tackle dont make it any thing more than a piece of fiberglass and resin. I saw an advert for a Peageot 107 today for £6995 on the road........ That is about 2.0 of these complete and flying......... Dont seem right to me. I can hear the sound of people crying Apples with Apples any moment now

Still as I said I am sure there are those that will be happy to pay the price. To each their own.

Again I am no friend of Modelbau USA but this does look rather like the Huricane which I suspect will be released at probably a third of the price of the Gyphon. Italian made or China made no difference to me Just fibergalss and resin at least they wont rust like the Alfa's did

Best of luck and I am sure those at the top end of the hobby will buy them

Dennis

asimace 12-05-2011 02:49 PM

ORIGINAL: dav.ie

Is this just the old italian ''Shelaik'' (I think that is right . . .Not sure) arf jet trainer re-badged under a different company re-badged name at all or is it totally different? Looks like it but could be wrong.

Indeed... AKA the "italian thing" as Ali nicknamed it during last Pampa Jets!!!
Mauri

steve2972 12-05-2011 02:51 PM

ORIGINAL: bigplumbs

Dennis,

Your a one, ''Bit too much I recon'' - recon for what!

marcs

Just my view. I am sure others will have their views also. I believe that it is possible to make a value judgement on anything compared to anything else and in my view £1400 for a base model suggesting that you could possibly get as high as say £1750 if per chance you perhaps wanted a bit of paint on it for example is I feel IMHO too much for a new kid on the block in terms of toy planes. The fact that it is from the land of pasta and guys with over active wedding tackle dont make it any thing more than a piece of fiberglass and resin. I saw an advert for a Peageot 107 today for £6995 on the road........ That is about 2.0 of these complete and flying......... Dont seem right to me. I can hear the sound of people crying Apples with Apples any moment now

Still as I said I am sure there are those that will be happy to pay the price. To each their own.

Again I am no friend of Modelbau USA but this does look rather like the Huricane which I suspect will be released at probably a third of the price of the Gyphon. Italian made or China made no difference to me Just fibergalss and resin at least they wont rust like the Alfa's did

Best of luck and I am sure those at the top end of the hobby will buy them

Dennis
I don`t know you but i think you should be banned from these forums or at least rename you to Denise "the meance" Go get a life for gods sake.Gbr jets plus a couple of other uk companies are forward thinking and want to offer a product of quality.Go stick with your bomerangs or flycat/hicat or what ever you want to call them if you want cheap airframes.Value is in the eye of the beholder.