RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Who has Changed over to the newer DSMX and why (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10915508-who-has-changed-over-newer-dsmx-why.html)

Greg Wright 01-18-2012 01:10 PM

Who has Changed over to the newer DSMX and why

Hi guy's i'm just being curious as to all the JR/SPECTRUM user's out there as to why you would or would not change over from DSM2 TO DSMX.

DadsToysBG 01-18-2012 01:21 PM

RE: Who has Changed over to the newer DSMX and why

Why not. All the new receivers are X. Will have the radio done this winter. Dennis

bigplumbs 01-18-2012 01:30 PM

Cant see the point where I flyalso I have a DX7 a DSX9 and an 11X Zero with DSM2 and DSMX receivers all work very well and are miles better than that Futaba junk :Dcost to replace my TXs would be a lot for what gain

I have however noticed that my newer DSMX receivers take longer to connect at switch on than my DSM2 ones but no real problem

proline8000 01-18-2012 02:18 PM

I was on DMX2 and switches to Weatronic and will never go back. Light years ahead of both JR and Futaba

DadsToysBG 01-18-2012 02:33 PM

Deno, If your radio is X the new receivers will link very fast, but because you have S the receiver goes thu the X first then to S. that is why is is slower. Dennis

madmodelman 01-18-2012 02:37 PM

I'll stick with DSM2 because with either Spekky or JR I have never had so much as a twitch since I started flying Jets, or with props for that matter.

DadsToysBG 01-18-2012 02:39 PM

I have never had any problems either, but being a JR dealer might as well stay up with the new stuff. That way if someone asks I can tell them I use it. Dennis

StevL 01-18-2012 02:57 PM

I did change over to DSMX last May. I figure if I spend thousands on models the cost of upgrade is a rather small cost. I also sold off all my DSM2 Rx and have almost nothing in the upgrade.

I like the ultra fast connect and feel like I have the most reliable connection now.

Cheers,
Steve

luv2flyrc 01-18-2012 03:24 PM

No point for me, DSM2 has worked perfect.

Mike

BaldEagel 01-18-2012 03:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Deno48

and are miles better than that Futaba junk :D

Just because you put a smiley after an inflammatory statement does not make it any less inflammatory :eek: also makes you look very foolish, perhaps its time to change your on screen name again.

Mike

KC36330 01-18-2012 03:35 PM

where i fly the DSMX has no advantage over DSM2 so i see no reason to upgrade my 12x.

jetster81 01-18-2012 04:11 PM

I had a DX7 on DSM2 which worked well barring a couple of brownouts and was using it in nine models, I then got an early DX8 and upgraded it to DSMX via the website and that was when my problems started, eventually I sold all my Spektrum gear and went back to my old brand.
<br type="_moz" />

scaleMan 01-18-2012 05:23 PM

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

Just because you put a smiley after an inflammatory statement does not make it any less inflammatory :eek: also makes you look very foolish, perhaps its time to change your on screen name again.

Mike

perhaps you should take a midol....

AFTERBURNER1 01-18-2012 07:57 PM

Why mess with what isn't broke. :D

bevar 01-18-2012 08:23 PM

Ding ding ding!!!

ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

AFTERBURNER1 01-18-2012 09:12 PM

ORIGINAL: bevar

Ding ding ding!!!

ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

Ha ha!!!!:D

bigplumbs 01-18-2012 11:49 PM

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

Mike
Just a little joke, that was the point of the smiley, no need to jump off the deep end

DominicM 01-18-2012 11:51 PM

I'm in the market for a new radio as have been using my trusty DX7 for several years and need something with more channels. Looking at the DSX11 as I want to stick with my DSM2 receivers. Why is the DSX11 still only DSM2? Thought they would have brought out a DSMX version by now.

bigplumbs 01-19-2012 12:02 AM

ORIGINAL: DominicM

I'm in the market for a new radio as have been using my trusty DX7 for several years and need something with more channels. Looking at the DSX11 as I want to stick with my DSM2 receivers. Why is the DSX11 still only DSM2? Thought they would have brought out a DSMX version by now.
Dom

The 11X Zero or DSX11 is JR and they now have their own 2.4 System. They were originally teamed up with Spektrum but are not now. so I suspect this has somthing to do with it

I have the 11X Zero (esentially the same as the DSX11) and I am very pleased with it indeed. Great software and I also like the feel in the hand. Some dont like the looks of the radio but I do like them. The sliders are on the rear not the side but I generally dont use sliders. I am sure if you get one you will be pleased with it

The price of the radio compared with the DSX12 is also very attractive

Deno

DominicM 01-19-2012 12:15 AM

madmodelman 01-19-2012 01:44 AM

Dom, there's always the DSX9, great Tx, DSM2.

DominicM 01-19-2012 02:19 AM

True, but I quite like the Megatron/Cylon look of the DSX11. :D

Selleri 01-19-2012 07:04 AM

Then you need to buy one from the colonies... ;)

airraptor 01-19-2012 07:45 AM

I myself and several others at the field couldnt wait to switch. Since DSM2 we have had some crashes that we couldnt explain except brown out. Checked batteries and all were good. Since the change to DSMX no unexplained crashes, extremely fast turn on times. seems to turn on soon as the switch is turned on with DSMX recievers. The older DSM2 recievers seem to be faster i dont know how or why but the planes we were flying seemed more crisp and faster response time.

I would like to get a JR 12 X but waiting to see if they will market they own DSMS or what ever its called here in the states soon.

DadsToysBG 01-19-2012 08:47 AM

As long as it is sold in the US, it will be Spectrum based. The other JR type is meant for the the Asian market. If you choose to get the DsMS you will have to order it from Japan and will get no service here. That also applies to the receivers. Dennis