RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   BEST IN THE WEST JET RALLY "2012" (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10931478-best-west-jet-rally-%222012%22.html)

Joe C 01-27-2012 06:08 PM

BEST IN THE WEST JET RALLY "2012"

Best In The West will be in it's 23rd year and my 3rd year as Contest Director, and it's second year in Bakersfield at the Buttonwillow Elk-Hills Airport

Contest Director: Joe Castelao

Email Address: [email protected]

Cell# 310-350-1320

Dates: October 17th. through October 21st, 2012

website will be updated shortly

Here are this year's dates for BITW "2012", 5 days of flying at the "Willow" please mark dates on your calander.

Thanks, Joe C!!!

AFTERBURNER1 01-27-2012 06:34 PM

RE: BEST IN THE WEST JET RALLY

Should be good times!!!!:D

t_burley 01-27-2012 06:47 PM

am ready and able

sideshow 01-27-2012 09:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The sweet smell of Dougie's money...

jeteye 01-27-2012 09:43 PM

I will definitely be back!!!!!!!!!! Had a great time last year. Will definitely bring two planes this year.

Lewis

Joe C 01-28-2012 08:57 AM

Thanks Todd for all your support.

Lewis looking forward to having you back at BITW

Joe C!!!!!

Joe C 03-11-2012 04:24 PM

Just a reminder:
BITW is still 7 months away, but tents are already renting, (28) 20 X 20 tents are rented of the 36 available. If you are attending BITW 2012 and you want a tent, please don't wait for the last minute to rent. Web site is up and updated. www.bestinthewestjetrally.com

BITW Dates: October 17th - October 21st. 5 full days of flying

CO- CD: John Redman, I am happy to have John R joining me this year as Co- Cd

This year's BITW is looking to be the biggest event of the last 2 years, please mark your calander!!!

Joe Castelao!!

jet time 03-11-2012 07:06 PM

I will be there and am looking forward to a lot of flying! Thanks Joe and congrats John! It will be nice to have you here.
I'm sure the rest of our group will be there as well.
Lewis, we can fly the A-7's in some formation flying. John has one coming as well and we can get the three of them up. I should have our new 135" Gulfstream G550 there to!
Can't wait!!

Lowell

t_burley 03-11-2012 07:10 PM

look forward to seeing the Gulfstream Lowell.

BTW, Mike Rick and I are working on a call sign for you also :)

jet time 03-11-2012 07:12 PM

Oh-oh....that ought to be good!! Looking forward to seeing you and the gang there. Thanks Todd.

Lowell

bcovish 03-11-2012 07:17 PM

At this time, Scott Marr and myself are planning to attend this event.

Joe C 03-11-2012 10:11 PM

ORIGINAL: bcovish

At this time, Scott Marr and myself are planning to attend this event.
Bob,
Should I reserve a tent for you and Scott?

bcovish 03-12-2012 02:24 AM

Yes
Thanks

Ali 03-12-2012 02:35 AM

Joe,, they don't need a tent. They need a district! :D

bcovish 03-12-2012 02:40 AM

Now that is funny

Joe C 03-12-2012 06:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Ali

Joe,, they don't need a tent. They need a district! :D
That is funny Ali.

Bob, thanks I have a tent reserved for you and Scott, or I can reserve the whole back row which is 6 tents, LOL

Joe C 03-12-2012 07:04 AM

Here are the tents spaces that are no longer available: L1 thru L6, R1 thru R6, L7 thru L10, R7 thru R10, L13, L14, R13

Please check the BITW website for tent rental pricing: http://bestinthewestjetrally.com/rentals.html scroll down the page until you see Pilots and vendors

Joe C!!!

Joe C 03-12-2012 02:37 PM

t_burley 03-12-2012 03:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Joe C

invisible text? or RCU acting up again

Joe C 03-12-2012 04:11 PM

ORIGINAL: t_burley

ORIGINAL: Joe C

invisible text? or RCU acting up again
Todd, it was a double post and I deleted it.

Joe C 07-31-2012 06:20 PM

Best in the West is fast approaching, October 17th through October 21st. at the Elk-Hills Buttonwillow airport in Buttonwillow, California. Anyone planning on attending, now is the time to pre-register. Pre registration fee is $50, on site fee is $60.00.

If you are thinking about renting a tent, please let me know as soon as possible to secure tents, tables and chairs. This year, the Best in the West website is now set-up for PayPal, you may pay for any rental with PayPal, you will be able to pay for pre-registration, tents, tables, chairs, hats, t-shirts, friday night dinner (free to registered pilots), banquet tickets, etc, etc. We will also be able to take credit cards at the event to pay for auction items as well as registration.

This year the banquet will be held at the field, I think this will be good for pilots who are camping at the field and had no transportation to and from the hotel. Anyone attending the banquet will now be able to fly as long as you like, right up to the start of the banquet, well I would hope you would at least take a shower.

This year's auction will be great, we have great sponsors that have donated to the show and we can't thank them enough. We have 30 awards to hand out, nothing comes close to our trophy's. Again this year we will decide on who will win the Colonel Robert Thacker award, our most prestigious award given at BITW. Please let us know if you will be attending the banquet, banquet fee is $35.00. Pilot's Friday night dinner, again this year we will have a friday night pilot dinner at the field, all registered pilots are free, anyone else who would like to join us for dinner, there will be a $22.00 fee.

There will be vendors at the show: Jetcat USA, Kingtech USA, Jet Central USA, Global Jet Club, Gyro Hobbies and Todd and George from Dreamworks with there huge trailer full of inventory, and more.

Food concession will be available from thursday through saturday, serving breakfast and lunch. There will be a general raffle and a pilot raffle, with lots of good raffle items, as well as 50/50 tickets, so please buy tickets at the registration table. This year we will do without the pilot line-up on the runway, if anyone would like to have their jet have a chance to win an award from the spectators, we will have you roll your jet in front of the spectator viewing area, and allow them to view your jet(s) and vote on there 2 favorite jets, sport or scale.

Best in the West looks to be the biggest it has ever been this year, we are expecting well over 100 pilots, pilots coming in from several states as well as pilots coming in from many countries, please join us and have some fun with us, come fly with the west coast guys, the cali crew, and see how we do it.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me or call me, all information is on the BITW website at www.bestinthewestjetrally.com please view the website and enjoy Sarah at the bottom right of the home page, oh and don’t forget to pre register. I hope to see you all soon. a special thanks to all the BARKS members and club officers for all their hard work and support of BITW, we also like to thank the Kern County Airport for allowing us to use the airport.

Joe C!!!

ravill 07-31-2012 08:00 PM

ORIGINAL: sideshow

The sweet smell of Dougie's money...
Bob, you took all of Doug's money???!!!! (That is a dollar right?)

I'm coming!!!

dubd 07-31-2012 08:07 PM

Can't wait for BITW! Gonna be epic!

jet time 07-31-2012 10:24 PM

Well said Joey! It will be epic for sure. Really looking forward to it. Thanks for all you do to put on such a great event. Not easy, but you always pull it off with class!
Thanks again.

Lowell

P. Richards 08-01-2012 06:19 AM

Man another Best In the West, count me in I will bring my Electra and probably my Turbine F-18. Oh and I forgot to mention my camera...:D

P. Richards aka SwatTeam