RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Spektrum DX18 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10938140-spektrum-dx18.html)

Couch Potato 02-16-2012 04:07 AM

RE: Spektrum DX18

ORIGINAL: madmodelman
Just ordered one btw...
Did you check that your short fingers will reach the sliders ? [:-]

madmodelman 02-16-2012 04:15 AM

Lol! :D The launch timing of the DX18 was disastrous!

As you are obviously aware I am used to the DSX9 sliders and flap/gear switches that look the same on the DX18.

Anyone know if it has the servo slow/speed feature?

Gary.

jpjamie 02-16-2012 09:56 AM

This thread has been very entertaining for a guy who used to live in the UK (Scotland) as well as being informative. The spelling differences (colour etc.) choice of font and obvious errors are "hillaireeus!" Thanks for the fun!

fragile 02-16-2012 10:19 AM

check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FazZH...eature=related

vasek 02-16-2012 01:44 PM

ORIGINAL: fragile

check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FazZH...eature=related
Funny, but quality sells itself, no need for gimmics ;)

bryanward 02-16-2012 06:41 PM

This radio is going to be killer and can't wait to retire my 9503. As for the Futaba quarrels who came out with 2.4 first Hmm I wonder...If you fly with a Futaba and say that you have never taken a plane up on the wrong model your a liar!

I bet houndDog has one of those stupid ass orange shirts wears it to the field and is flying with a JR or Spektrum radio.

HoundDog...I know everyone hates you at your field you goofball.

HoundDog 02-16-2012 07:24 PM

It just went down, I don't know what happened!!! <span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0);">&lt; Spectrun No Dought ...</span></span></span>

DougV 02-16-2012 07:47 PM

ORIGINAL: bryanward

...If you fly with a Futaba and say that you have never taken a plane up on the wrong model your a liar!

I've been flying for 20 years, I fly both Futaba and JR with Helis Jets and aiplanes, and no I have never flown with the wrong model selected.

No... I'm not a liar!

Doug.

HoundDog 02-16-2012 08:09 PM

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: xx-large;"><span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0);"> XPS</span></span></span><span style="font-size: medium;">
Was First
</span>

vasek 02-16-2012 10:03 PM

This is getting ugly [:'(]

Interesting how people are Brand sensitive & loyal :) I'm sure it's a Cave Man thing :D

dubd 02-16-2012 10:28 PM

ORIGINAL: HoundDog

<span style=''font-family: Comic Sans MS;''><span style=''font-size: xx-large;''><span style=''color: rgb(128, 0, 0);''> XPS</span></span></span><span style=''font-size: medium;''>
Was First
</span>

And so were dinosaurs... what is your point?

stvinvegas 02-16-2012 11:05 PM

Notice how the Futaba fanboys always come in the spektrum threads and try to shoot them down to bring themselves up. We don't come to your threads "cause we don't give a $&@& about Futaba. A great athlete doesn't have to keep shouting how good he is, he just shows it on the field and doesn't give a $&@& what other guy is doing.

larshkj 02-17-2012 12:01 AM

ORIGINAL: DougV

...If you fly with a Futaba and say that you have never taken a plane up on the wrong model your a liar!

I've been flying for 20 years, I fly both Futaba and JR with Helis Jets and aiplanes, and no I have never flown with the wrong model selected.

No... I'm not a liar!

Doug.

+1

Lars

BaldEagel 02-17-2012 03:02 AM

ORIGINAL: stvinvegas

Notice how the Futaba fanboys always come in the spektrum threads and try to shoot them down to bring themselves up. We don't come to your threads ''cause we don't give a $&@& about Futaba. A great athlete doesn't have to keep shouting how good he is, he just shows it on the field and doesn't give a $&@& what other guy is doing.
So why perpetuate the problem with snide comments.

Mike

HoundDog 02-17-2012 04:25 AM

ORIGINAL: dubd

<span sans="" comic="" font-family:="" style=""><span font-size:="" style=""><span color:="" style=""> XPS</span></span></span><span font-size:="" style="">
Was First
</span>

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0);">You asked I replied simple as that ... the DSM2 is the dinosaur. only 2 channels at a time O'l Tech Baby.
DSMX Hops as does every thing else today.
Now one goes for Bells and Whistles. Most of the time it's not need it's a "Mine is a Bigger than Yours<span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0);">" Mentality or Just plain "I can't let my self believe I didn't buy the best".<span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0);"> Mostly it's I gota convince my buddys I got the better deal than U did ... Just a guy thing, Ego or something.</span></span>
</span></span></span>

HoundDog 02-17-2012 04:41 AM

ORIGINAL: dubd

<span sans="" comic="" font-family:="" style=""><span font-size:="" style=""><span color:="" style=""> XPS</span></span></span><span font-size:="" style="">
Was First
</span>

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0);">No Point . . . 72 Mhz works too sometimes, better than 2.4 ... What started this was My obversations that over a 9 week Period I had witnessed 13 Unexplained (Loss of Radio Control) with the Spectrum 5,6,&amp;7's PERIOD. Didn't say a bad word about the DX8 except it is subject to the same failuers when using old receivers and DSM2 ... It's just an observation nothing more Nothing Less.</span></span></span><span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0);"> It appears that some people have Pretty Thin Skin when it comes to Brand Loyalty. Or is it kindergarden mentality "Mine is Bigger and Better than Yours" ... Sorry if I hurt anyones feelings. I suppose if I wanted to Make a Snide remark, I'd say
"GET OVER IT" but what's the Use ... "Pride goith before the Fall" OOPS <span style="font-size: xx-small;">Sorry.</span></span></span></span>

erans 02-17-2012 06:43 AM

I feel a bit riped off... I contacted Horizon in September when I needed new Tx and asked them if they have in the pipeline a Spektrum with 10 or more channels in "normal" configuration (not like the current 10ch). They told me that they don't... I bought the JR 11X (in DSM2) which I am very happy with, but, seeing this new amazing offering from Spektrum I would have waited... I was using the DX7 since it was introduced in Australia (few years now) and never had any issue with it and am very happy with the DSM2 technology and had no reason to change (if they had something for me). This 18ch offering is exceptional value and great addition to competition in the transmitters market.

As to the aeroplanes falling of the sky using DSM2 as some people here claim to witness, our club has ~230 members, majority fly 2.4GHz and Spektrum gear (DX6,DX7 and DX8 most common). Yes, we had very few issues over the years (and I am talking VERY few, less then 10), but all investigations ended up with one of these: 1. receiver installation errors 2. a non genuine receivers 3. battery not suitable to power the receiver under load (ending in low voltage brown out, mostly in the early days). We also had issues with Futaba radios, but I was not on the incident investigation for these ones, so I do not know what was the cause. We hardly have any Hitec systems, and I am not aware of an incident with them. We may be lucky as most of our members do not default to blame the radio gear for the crashes and happy to admit "dumb thumb" :)

Just my two cents for what it worth. Let this thread concentrate on the amazing Spektrum DX18

erans 02-17-2012 06:44 AM

Oops, double post.. The Error 500 again

GrayUK 02-17-2012 07:38 AM

No... I'm not a liar!

Doug.

I have NEVER taken a plane up on the wrong model....in 40 years +

Paul G

madmodelman 02-17-2012 07:41 AM

Nor have I Paul, but I will admit to forgetting to change the model in the Tx a couple of times, before Spektrum of course.

John Tancock 02-17-2012 07:59 AM

I wouldn’t have said you were that old Paul!!!:)

Nor me by the way! But it’s still not a bad feature!;)

JT

wildnloose 02-17-2012 10:03 AM

I have only been flying 9 years, and I have yet to do it either. But I have seen lots of other people do it, saw it once this week, and flying season has not really started yet. Let's face it, people develop bad habits over time, and around here, MM has saved quite a few planes.

But the way I see it, the only people who say MM is not needed are the only ones who do not have it.

btw-I fly a Spektrum converted xmitter, with no MM. I try hard to set up my planes with similar controls, helps keep things simple. So if I were to fly using the wrong model, I would hope that the controls were close enough to allow me to land safe.

LittleBob 02-17-2012 02:08 PM

ORIGINAL: GrayUK

No... I'm not a liar!

Doug.

Paul G
You only have one planehttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...eeth_smile.gif

GrayUK 02-18-2012 01:44 AM

ORIGINAL: LittleBob

ORIGINAL: GrayUK

No... I'm not a liar!

Doug.

Paul G
You only have one plane [img][/img]

Thats just the one you have seen ;)
And yes....i am that old just young at heart [8D]

Paul G

eastlondoner 02-20-2012 12:16 PM

That 'end of February' availability on the Al's Hobbies site now reads 'end of April' (no surprises, I guess). Oh, the waiting...the waiting...LOL.

http://alshobbies.com/shop/lookupstock.php?pc=48971