RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Fadec data terminal help? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11080328-fadec-data-terminal-help.html)

Jonboy2 05-14-2012 09:05 AM

Fadec data terminal help?

I recently bought a Kingtech K-80 second hand. I think my hand data terminal has crapped out. When i hook it into the ECU, it goes to the correct menu screen with the rpm's, temp, etc. When I try to scroll up or down to the other menus, most of the time it does nothing. It will not scroll with the up and down arrow buttons. I have been successfull at scrolling just one or two times, but most of the time it will not work no matter what I do. Any thoughts or suggestions? Does anybody out there have a used, working Fadec HDT lying around not being used they would want to sell to me? Let me know and thanks Jon

Edgar Perez 05-14-2012 12:30 PM

RE: Fadec data terminal help?

1 Attachment(s)
I have an old one that only works if I remove the faceplate. Basically the buttons don't click down with the faceplate on. Works fine without it.

Jonboy2 05-15-2012 05:42 AM

Thanks for the response Edgar. Not sure, but Barry said it probably is the ECU. I will let you know. Thanks Jon

frema 05-15-2012 07:00 AM

you just have to open the box and clean the switches with alcohol
i had this problem many times

jetmodeller 05-15-2012 10:47 AM

Hi make sure that the start trim is in low postion,you will not get menus with trim in run postion regards Keith

Jonboy2 05-16-2012 12:39 PM

Update.....I cleaned the HDT male plug contact points and the ECU female contact points with a q-tip with alcohol. Low and behold, the HDT is now working and scrolling through the menu's as it should. I appreciate the help and suggestions. Thanks Jon

frema 05-16-2012 09:15 PM

oke , thats good news then.
i came of this idea , because in my dx 6 transmitter are also the same switches
i clean them with alcohol, and then i get trouble with the data terminal , and i did the same
it realy works you see
it is best when you clean them twice a year.
thank you for the reply.
regards,
Martin.

Jonboy2 05-18-2012 03:28 PM

Hey Frema,
How did you clean the actual switches themselves? I cleaned the plug in jack, both the male and female ends. That seems to have fixed my problem. Not sure how to clean the switches themselves. As far as I can tell after taking the HDT plastic box apart there are the four push button switches on the bottom of the board. They look like they are fully enclosed. Not sure what or where to clean. Please advise. Thanks Jon

frema 05-18-2012 09:25 PM

where you can push the black pins in the switch
there is a little space
let a few drops of alcohol in there, and it will clean the contacts