RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   JR DMSS XG-11 in UK now (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11085372-jr-dmss-xg-11-uk-now.html)

Dave Wilshere 05-18-2012 01:36 AM

JR DMSS XG-11 in UK now

1 Attachment(s)
The new JR XG-11 has arrived, we ordered manual trim versions for us Jet guys. Looks like its going to be popular!

Dw

Turbotronic 05-18-2012 03:01 AM

RE: JR DMSS XG-11 in UK now

Looks like it is wearing a smile even if the nose is slightly stuck up.
Its probably pleased it has decent RF link now.....

Gordon W 05-18-2012 04:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The blurb on the Macgregor website suggests that by choosing the manual trim version you lose some programming features compared with the digital trim version - see extract below. Have you any information regarding what is dumped?

The only mention of analogue throttle trim in the manual is in relation to trim rate. Presumably choosing analogue throttle trim means that one can't change between mode 1 and mode 2, etc, which doesn't really matter. But it'd be nice to know in advance if any other features are affected by the choice.

Gordon

Dave Wilshere 05-18-2012 05:53 AM

Gordon

Sorry, loading van for weekend.

Yes, basically its just the throttle trim options, but you get the same thing (one touch shut down) by pulling the manual trim "zip" and its done!

Nothing that you don't gain with a fast acting manual slider and like you say mode selection.

Dave

talk the torque 07-09-2012 06:35 AM

I have recently bought a XG11 and have a question. I read the manual before I bought the radio and on pg52 it says you can use trim input switches for rudd>ail/elev mix to make knife edge trim coupling easier while flying but now I have the radio I cannot make it do this. Can you please help me?

indubitably 07-09-2012 09:02 AM

In N America, we only get e-trim, and Horizon Tec knows nothing of the mechanical throttle trim. All the first ones coming in are e-trim on the website. But if you can make the trim so effective as one stroke and its Idle or Off, then its as if the same, and probably wont matter. I am happy to see that they have enough confidense in the system so as not to require all those expensive satellites, as in previous models.
The one satellite available is telemetry only and has no receptor capacity at all.
John

Ps
I like that like the new Futaba, it also has a built in charger and a more modern battery.

Dave Wilshere 07-11-2012 12:13 AM

ORIGINAL: talk the torque

I have recently bought a XG11 and have a question. I read the manual before I bought the radio and on pg52 it says you can use trim input switches for rudd>ail/elev mix to make knife edge trim coupling easier while flying but now I have the radio I cannot make it do this. Can you please help me?
This is an error in the manual, the 11 Zero X has it and the XG-11 manual mistakenly carried this over in the English translation of the XG-11 manual. But you can't do it in the XG-11.

Dw

talk the torque 07-11-2012 01:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Dave Wilshere

ORIGINAL: talk the torque

This is an error in the manual, the 11 Zero X has it and the XG-11 manual mistakenly carried this over in the English translation of the XG-11 manual. But you can't do it in the XG-11.

Dw
Thanks DW

Man that sucks, I hope they sort it out in a software update. This was one of the big reasons I bought this radio. I spend a lot of time sorting out KE coupling with all my planes... this would save me a lot of time [:@][&o]

How did it operate on the 11x, also using the primary trim buttons? Could you set all the points in the mixing curve?

Cheers and thanks again

ticketec 07-11-2012 02:16 AM

Oh!

So it does come in a digital trim on the throttle version??:) It's one of the big reasons I haven't looked at upgrading to one of these!!:eek: If turbines are the ONLY type of model you fly with this radio then I guess that's fine, but I fly lot's of other types of models and a manual trim is PITA. My mates 11X has it and It's one one big beef with the radio.

Thanks

Dave

Dave Wilshere 07-11-2012 02:58 AM

They say they will try see whether the 11 Zero set up can be updated into the XG-11

The XG-11 is available with either manual or digital throttle trim. The Manual trim is not mode changeable. The Digital version is user changable through all four modes.

Dave

talk the torque 07-11-2012 01:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Dave Wilshere

They say they will try see whether the 11 Zero set up can be updated into the XG-11

The XG-11 is available with either manual or digital throttle trim. The Manual trim is not mode changeable. The Digital version is user changable through all four modes.

Dave
Thanks Dave

Much appreciated

@ ticketec. Yip it comes in both versions and I know what you mean about the manual trim. It took me awhile to change to digital. I'm sure I read in the XG11 manual that if you hold the throttle trim down for a certain time it senses that and returns back to its original idle position once you let it go. If you want to reduce the idle you click it downwards. I havnt as yet tried that myself.

Has anyone tried any of the telemetry sensors? The very expensive [X(]

drdoom 07-12-2012 06:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Can someone tell me the difference between this JR and the Walkera Devo 12? I know, I know.. :D case looks very much the same.