RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   I would like to introduce my Tuono (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11111081-i-would-like-introduce-my-tuono.html)

Alpenglider 06-08-2012 04:49 AM

I would like to introduce my Tuono

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys,

after some more days of raining out side i can announce that my Pirotti models Tuono is almost ready to rumble :D
A few more things to do and she is ready to take to the skys.

A few facts to this model and whats inside:

It´s a Pirotti Models Tuono which i purchased last Jetpower fair, i ordered the model ready painted in this stage.
Landing gear was custome made for me by IQ-hammer engines here in Germany, these are now available through them at their Shop!
The Tuono will be powered by a Frank Turbines Golden Raptor putting out close to 20kg of thrust; fuel tank capacity around 7 liters
The Tuono is also set up with a simple smoker which uses the turbine cumbustion pressure to put a 1,5 liter Dubro tank under pressure; controlled by a smart switch also from Frank Turbines.
This time i have used the Spektrum A-6030 Servos which really look and perform smoothly.
I use a Powerbox Baselog and two 3800mAh Life batteries, plus one 2000mAh Life batterie for the light system.
Radio system is the new Graupner MC-32 Hott 2,4 Ghz.

Thats basicly it, if got any question feel free to ask ;)

Alpenglider 06-08-2012 04:50 AM

RE: I would like to introduce my Tuono

1 Attachment(s)
... and some more :D

giddyuperic 06-08-2012 05:39 AM

She is beautiful jet. I use the same servos in my 30% they the best for the money and work great. enjoy

erbroens 06-08-2012 06:13 AM

Very nice, thanks for posting the pics. Found interesting the way the pipe is attached to the turbine.

Enrique

Robrow 06-08-2012 07:00 AM

Nice scheme, just needs transparency tinting and someone in the office, looks like it will be fun to fly.

Rob.

Alpenglider 06-08-2012 07:12 AM

Hi Guys,

many thanks for your answers!

@ Enrique: This is how we use to attach the pipe to the Turbine, always centered and always the right distance. Just two spings on tension to hold the pipe.

@ Rob: I know she looks empty. I got the basic cockpit available from Pirotti. But to be honest, it´s a piece of crap in my eyes.
First it will be flown like that, but i sure plan to redesign the cockpit and put a nice pilot in the office ;-)

Cheers

Thomas

scoeroo 06-08-2012 09:53 AM

John Player Special -
Haven't seen that scheme for ages.......it still looks good
Sweet....

rc4flying 06-11-2012 04:36 PM

Very nice Thomas. Good Luck with the maiden.

AndyAndrews 06-11-2012 07:17 PM

Classic theme. She looks awsome!

rc4flying 06-17-2012 05:26 PM

Any maiden flight reports yet ??

Alpenglider 06-19-2012 07:33 AM

Ji Joe,

sorry - not yet!

Business is keeping me from, but the day will come ;)

I have learned to to hurry, just be patient :D

Cheers

Thomas