RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Aviation Design still selling jets? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11112907-aviation-design-still-selling-jets.html)

sskianpour 06-09-2012 09:03 PM

Aviation Design still selling jets?

Hey All,

I noticed that AD's website doesn't carry any listings or specs of their jets anymore. Also noticed Altecare doesn't list any AD jets. Anybody know if they are still selling jets, and who is their vendor/sales rep in USA?

Thanks!
Shaz

jetster81 06-09-2012 09:11 PM

RE: Aviation Design still selling jets?

Just had a look at www.adjets.com and all seems fine. I believe that Modellbau USA is carrying the line over there

DelGatoGrande 06-09-2012 11:00 PM

Hello Shaz

have a look http://adjets.free.fr/adjetsv6GB/index2.htm

..you might like to email them: [email protected]

HarryC 06-09-2012 11:42 PM

The F-100 has disappeared from their list of models

Jim Cattanach 06-10-2012 01:54 AM

Eric told me end of last year, due to unsatisfactory quality coming from their South american factory, they were changing the manufacturer. He said at that time, it would be around May before production resumed. I haven't heard any more news. Hopefully all is well.

Modellbau USA 06-10-2012 03:03 AM

Aviation design is definitely still producing aircraft. We are the Distributers of AD in North and South America. The factory is no longer using the factory in Argentina to make kits due to poor quality they stopped making kits late last year. We are now using a factory in the Czech republic for the production of all the sport jets. The scale aircraft ie F117, Fouga, Raphel, Falcon 7X are being made in Paris at the AD factory that was recently expanded. The quality of the new kits are excellent and much lighter. We expect to have full stock by the end of August but what we do have currently is as follows.

Super Scorpion
F117
7X
Fouga both sizes
Raphel
Mirage
Spitfire

If anybody is interested in the kits please feel free to contact me at 954-224-1700 or via email at [email protected] and you can visit our website for a list of the kits that are being made.<br type="_moz" />

DelGatoGrande 06-10-2012 03:26 AM

:D:D:D:D and the 1/5 RAFALE :D:D:D:D

...the 1/5 MIRAGE 2000 looks like a baby next to it[8D]..to bad Eric don't let me upload photos yet[&o]

HarryC 06-10-2012 05:35 AM

What about the F-100?

Gary Jefferson 06-10-2012 06:30 AM

Shaz, I am not sure what you are looking for but I have Scorpion with about 20 flights I am considering selling. It has custom paint, not from the factory.

Give me a call or send me an email if you are interested.

Gary Jefferson

[email protected]
phone 513-910-5026

Rider-60 06-10-2012 06:53 AM

There's a little pic of the large Rafale on this blog http://www.aero-big-scale.com/

check the Alphajet video on the same site too...[8D]

Nhalyn 06-10-2012 02:46 PM

I was in a meeting last week with all the AD Jet team in Creully, Normandie, France. Here we have seen flight demos of the big Fouga, last build big Mirage 2000, and the first ever public flight demo of the Alphajet.

Eric and team are still develloping and selling jets ! :)[8D]

marquisvns 06-10-2012 03:38 PM

While we're on the subject of AD, anyone has a Mirage for sale?

Barry

Modellbau USA 06-10-2012 03:41 PM

Barry I have mirage in stock. If interested give me a call

marquisvns 06-10-2012 04:17 PM

Thanks Henry but I went over the manual and with a 2 and a 4 year old running around at the house, that's just so not for me, anything built available out there?

sskianpour 06-10-2012 06:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Gary Jefferson

Shaz, I am not sure what you are looking for but I have Scorpion with about 20 flights I am considering selling. It has custom paint, not from the factory.

Give me a call or send me an email if you are interested.

Gary Jefferson

[email protected]
phone 513-910-5026
Thanks Gary,

I am just browsing. Was curious about some scale stuff, looked them up, and noticed their website didn't present RC jets, but Henry at Modelbau is the US dealer now so I guess we are all set should we want to order!

Shaz

gustavo Campana 06-10-2012 08:26 PM

aviation design is in bussines,
Eric Rantet, the owner is an incredible modeler, his models are absolute scale and magnific perfomance.
F-16, Mirage 2000 , fouga, F-100, Alpha jet, Rafale, F-117, and more,
also the sport jet Scorpion is EXCELLENT,
enjoy it....

gustavo

Craig B. 06-10-2012 09:40 PM

Has anyone got any pics of their new F117 kit...the large one for turbine power? Anyone flown one or have any info on it other than what's on the website?

jetster81 06-10-2012 09:54 PM

ORIGINAL: gustavo Campana

aviation design is in bussines,
Eric Rantet, the owner is an incredible modeler, his models are absolute scale and magnific perfomance.
F-16, Mirage 2000 , fouga, F-100, Alpha jet, Rafale, F-117, and more,
also the sport jet Scorpion is EXCELLENT,
enjoy it....

gustavo
I agree, I have built two of his models and I hope he gets the quality improvements he is looking for by changing factories.
<br type="_moz" />

Modellbau USA 06-11-2012 02:53 AM

I am actually building my personal F117 as we speak. She will be powered by a JC Rhino. The kit is very straight forward very nicely made but does have a lot of work to be done on it not an ARF in anyway. This plane can be made into a Top Gun A/C very easy. Matrix machining is making scale F117 gear for me but the kit is made for standard Robart gear and legs. It all depends how scale you want to take it. I am even putting in a 10x zoom IR camera on the nose that will transmit in 900 MHz live back to my computer should be very cool. I am out of town at the moment but will post some pictures when I get back. I have 2 kits in stock at the moment with more to come in late August. One note this plane despite how hard most F117 fly this kit flies like a trainer very stable and slows down excellent Eric did a great job on the design of this plane

Craig B. 06-11-2012 04:47 AM

Hi Henry,

I would love to see some pics. I have been looking at this kit for a long time...something different!

Regards,

Craig.