RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Farview Summer Afterburner Rollcall! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11159137-farview-summer-afterburner-rollcall.html)

Jetkopter 07-23-2012 12:22 PM

RE: Farview Summer Afterburner Rollcall!

ORIGINAL: ivesdo

I have my fingers crossed. I plan on coming, but depends on getting a replacement axle on my trailer ! It bent for the second time and the manufacturer refuses to consider it warranteed. JERKS. So looking for one a bit heavier and hope my dealer can get one installed before next Wednesday.......

Hope to see YALL there, eh ?

Doug you better come even if you have to take a bus.

av8rk 07-23-2012 02:18 PM

Does anyone know if the BVM factory team will attend this event?...............

rcpete2 07-23-2012 02:28 PM

BVM team will be there.

racer8297 07-23-2012 02:51 PM

Hey Larry,

Good seeing you too buddy!

Jim

trioval00 07-23-2012 05:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Jetkopter

Larry, make sure you bring Mark with you. We need some one to run the blower for the night time activities:D How do think they came up with the name summer after burner?

not to worry, I will have blower with me, and new Lipo's, twice the power. going to set record hieght in the evening..........http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...wink_smile.gif

wojtek 07-23-2012 06:09 PM

Have fun guys!!! [8D] I'll have to catch up at the next event in the fall. We are eagerly anticipating the arrival of our baby daughter the first week in August :)

~V~

geh3 07-24-2012 04:39 AM

I'll be there....

Ron Stahl 07-24-2012 07:59 AM

You got it Chris. We should have plenty of shade space with the new two Coleman 12 x 12 canopies Jimmie picked up. I'm bringing mine as well so we should have 36 feet of frontage for the six of us. I will not have it ready but I just got a new Electra kit from my Dr. buddy Mark. He ordered it for a building project while he was recouperating from surgery a month ago and it didn't get here in time for him before he had to retun to work last week. My family was going to replace the one I lost last year at the fall event for my B-day so they heard he was disappointted it got here later than he planned so they bought it off him last weekend. Got to get my F-86 painted and Jimmies electra arf assembled for the fall event.

Chris True 07-24-2012 08:59 AM

Cool, I'll have my Sabre which is now painted, and my Spark...

Instructor 07-24-2012 01:51 PM

:eek:Dom,

I think he has plans to be there on Wednesday to help set up. He may have a friend with him. Be sure and look him up. Just make sure that we don't have a HOT START this year.......

Larry...

Ron Stahl 07-30-2012 08:24 AM

Mark in case you get there Thursday morning before us save us 3-4 spaces on one side of you and Larry. Jimmie just picked up another canopy so we will have plenty of shade and plane storeage space for getting our of the sun. See you then

trioval00 07-30-2012 02:22 PM

Don, got it.......and more.....

<u>Weather for the weekend</u>

Thursday 85/66 winds at 4 mph 40 % chance of afternoon showers.

Friday- repeat

Saturday repeat

Sunday
another repeat but winds at 5 mph

ivesdo 07-31-2012 10:54 AM

Hey, what is this 40% stuff ? We drowned on Wednesday night last year... http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...eeth_smile.gif

Weather.com says 10-20% most of the weekend. The wind is your friend, right ? LOL

See yall there.

Erik R 07-31-2012 11:11 AM

I just checked also,and never more than a 20% chance the whole time.Winds less than 10 all 4 days.Maybe Mark was looking at Hamburg Germany.[X(]:D

We're excited guys.Fields in great shape.Setting up tomorrow.Can't wait to see you all.

Jetkopter 07-31-2012 11:39 AM

Eric, I ll be in Wednedsay eve. Mark I got 300 gallons of water onboard in case we need kool things down . Doug no complaining!

trioval00 07-31-2012 02:00 PM

wow, 300 gallons, cutting it close...... we will have to move it out to the middle of the flying field this year to play it safe.....

Ron Stahl 07-31-2012 05:37 PM

Tomorrow, charging, packing and then a good nights sleep before we head off early Thursday morning. See all of you there.

Erik R 08-01-2012 01:06 PM

Setup went well.Field looks great.come on down!!

iflytailies 08-01-2012 08:33 PM

IFlyTailies will be in the vendor area Thursday until around 1pm and all day Saturday.

I hope to bring my new MFD (multi function display) on Saturday for display