RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Fly Eagle F-16 1:4.6 Advance, wow (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11170523-fly-eagle-f-16-1-4-6-advance-wow.html)

dubd 10-29-2012 07:37 AM

RE: Fly Eagle F-16 1:4.6 Advance, wow

Ali, that really blows! I hope you're able to solve the nose gear problem before the next outting.

Ali 10-29-2012 07:42 AM

No big dramas D. It was an air leak somewhere in the system. The failsafe kicked in and got the mains down and locked, but I was going quite fast at the time and I guess the nose leg had trouble extending forward into the draft. As James mentioned, a new gear with bigger cylinders is on the way in the next week or so.
James has been awesome to deal with in this, and he and the factory have done everything they can to assist, as well as listening to suggestions that may improve the model along the way. I was happy with the stock gear, but I know a few guys wanted bigger wheels, so thats what it has to be I guess. Based on the F-16 experience, and a bunch of flying that I did of FEJ stuff whilst at BITW, I have no reservations is getting another FEJ plane as a demo jet for myself in the future. I know they are not perfect, and go into any jet with my eyes wide open. Gotta admit, I have yet to find a jet that is anywhere near perfect.

skunkworksrc 10-29-2012 07:50 AM

ali i have had both versions and the new gear is much better but do yourself a favor and convert the to electric. down and locked has done mine and has it down pat. mine work really good and they have new motors that produce more power than mine.

David Jackson 10-29-2012 08:55 AM

Ali,
Thank for the information.

FalconWings 10-29-2012 09:05 AM

I'd love to see one of these on an AMT450. Should really wake her up!

jetpilot 10-29-2012 02:34 PM

I think the beauty of this particular model will be the P180 class turbines and not the P200 and up. Keep it light. I dont think putting a 50-75lb thrust motor in this F16 will be what makes it a winner. I dont this powering this one and trying to go 250mph is how it will shine.
Ali demonstrated its slow flight charasteristics to the fullest. Great flyer.
And they fixing the wheels!! this one is on my radar now!!
Scott

dubd 10-29-2012 02:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Ali
I know they are not perfect, and go into any jet with my eyes wide open. Gotta admit, I have yet to find a jet that is anywhere near perfect.
+1 to that! I too am impressed with FEJ's ability to accept feedback and improve their products.

FalconWings 10-29-2012 03:19 PM

ORIGINAL: jetpilot

I think the beauty of this particular model will be the P180 class turbines and not the P200 and up. Keep it light. I dont think putting a 50-75lb thrust motor in this F16 will be what makes it a winner. I dont this powering this one and trying to go 250mph is how it will shine.
Ali demonstrated its slow flight charasteristics to the fullest. Great flyer.
And they fixing the wheels!! this one is on my radar now!!
Scott
Scott, not the speed, never about the speed as you will destroy it quickly. Instead, a solid slow to vertical flight transition and lots of left finger coordination. That's what I would be after.
And I agree, they need to work on those wheels, they don't stand up to the rest of the model.

FalconWings 10-29-2012 03:25 PM

And it would never trust anything at 250mph that doesn't have a BVM or Tom Cook logo on it.
:D

uncleTom 10-29-2012 06:32 PM

Amen! FalconWings[8D]

Falcon 64 10-31-2012 10:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just paid for mine in Kleine Brogel -91 Tiger Meet colors, yellow/grey. I will use a P200 sx in it.
After reading the thread, I saw there are lights available too, good!
Sold pressous stuff to afford this, I hope it`s worth it! ;)

Falcon 64 11-02-2012 03:14 PM

Just courious, wich variant of the F-16 is this, F-16 A Plus?
Anyone?

mario tavarez14 11-02-2012 03:44 PM

ORIGINAL: H�rek

I just paid for mine in Kleine Brogel -91 Tiger Meet colors, yellow/grey. I will use a P200 sx in it.
those armament come with this plane? just changing my radar to this plane

FenderBean 11-02-2012 04:16 PM

That picture is the 1/5 you will have to make sure fej has got the wing ordinance done

mario tavarez14 11-02-2012 04:19 PM

Nice info fenderbean , I am thinking to get the f-16 . I want to go big and big

jet time 11-02-2012 04:37 PM

Mario, the new F16 1:4.6 is big!! It also is a floater as I sure you have seen on the video's. There is no ordinance for it yet other than the wing tip (with the scale lighting as well). It does come with the speed brakes installed, operating canopy, full lighting system and drogue chute and a lot more! It is really nice as they now have no servos in the wings. They are all in the fuse so set up time is really fast and simple. If you want more info, just let me or James know and we will help you out.
Thanks Fender!!

Lowell

FenderBean 11-02-2012 05:11 PM

This one was on my radar, before they released it ;) Already saving for the turbine :D you know me full options and this one will fly with bottom/wing tanks and missiles!
http://www.altecare.com/behotec300.htm

ORIGINAL: jet time

Mario, the new F16 1:4.6 is big!! It also is a floater as I sure you have seen on the video's. There is no ordinance for it yet other than the wing tip (with the scale lighting as well). It does come with the speed brakes installed, operating canopy, full lighting system and drogue chute and a lot more! It is really nice as they now have no servos in the wings. They are all in the fuse so set up time is really fast and simple. If you want more info, just let me or James know and we will help you out.
Thanks Fender!!

Lowell

mario tavarez14 11-02-2012 05:15 PM

Thanks Fender!!

Lowell

jet time thank you for you reply and get more info about the f-16 , i was close to order the hawk 100 from fej but now they came out with this big bird f-16 dont know what to do the hawk or the f-16 i really love them boths but after i see ali machinchi flying the f-16 in BITW 2012 video make me close my eye and start thinking , my wife also say i like boths and we have a big problem and she tell me, you need to pick one very soon because the winter is around the corner.

Falcon 64 11-02-2012 05:16 PM

ORIGINAL: mario tavarez14

those armament come with this plane? just changing my radar to this plane
Ordinance is promised to come later on, I`m sure it will be.

mario tavarez14 11-02-2012 05:19 PM

I just get a brand new p-180 RX , guys do you think that engine will fly the f-16 or i need a bigger engine

Falcon 64 11-02-2012 05:35 PM

I think a 180 is spot on, any extra is a plus. Despite the size, it`s not heavy. Barely a floater, but buildt the same way as a smaller one.
But I really wonder wich version it is, since the tailwings allign with the speedbrakes.

FenderBean 11-02-2012 06:02 PM

Im just going with the 300 since its the size of a p200 but a lot more power. The 180 is fine but with stores it would need more.

FalconWings 11-02-2012 07:13 PM

I think a 180 is spot on, any extra is a plus. Despite the size, it`s not heavy. Barely a floater, but buildt the same way as a smaller one.
But I really wonder wich version it is, since the tailwings allign with the speedbrakes.

It looks like a C Block 30 PACAF/NATO version. The bird slicer seems post Block 30 and the fuselage looks pre Block 50.
The rudder base is definitely post Block 15, so it is very likely a C model.

jet time 11-02-2012 09:14 PM

ORIGINAL: mario tavarez14

Thanks Fender!!

Lowell

jet time thank you for you reply and get more info about the f-16 , i was close to order the hawk 100 from fej but now they came out with this big bird f-16 dont know what to do the hawk or the f-16 i really love them boths but after i see ali machinchi flying the f-16 in BITW 2012 video make me close my eye and start thinking , my wife also say i like boths and we have a big problem and she tell me, you need to pick one very soon because the winter is around the corner.
Mario, just get them both!! Really, if you look at the video's from BITW, Ali flew both of them all week. They both fly great. My favorite is the 16. It's big, lite and will fly great with a 180. As a matter of fact, both planes were flying with a 180 at the show with plenty of authority. Pick one now and put the other on the back burner. The armament will be out before to long.
Thanks.

Lowell

David Jackson 11-02-2012 09:28 PM

Hey Lowell,

Is FEJ offering the electric landing gear and brakes as an option for the large F-16?

David