RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Kingtech k100 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11176390-kingtech-k100.html)

frema 08-17-2012 03:41 AM

RE: Kingtech k100

i hope they will not cahnege the colour , i like it
a red hot engine hhahahaha
it need flames on the cover, yellow ones

hotspot 01 08-17-2012 03:48 AM

I like it for some reason was thinking the red is better then the gold, also note the machining on the compressor.

frema 08-17-2012 03:55 AM

me too
i like differnt colours
always red is a very nice colour , i realy like it
maybe i will do some special paint on it when i can upgrate it to 12 kg

RCJetBazz 08-17-2012 07:16 AM

Yeah, it's all Canadians, sure you guys know EVERYTHING about esthetics.... LMFAOL

I'm getting mine in a week for my UFlash http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...sn/biggrin.gif

ORIGINAL: luv2flyrc

I'm sure it's a good engine, priced well etc but, it's SO ugly, I could never own one. Why is Kingtech intent on using such ugly colors on their engines? Now, one might say, it doesn't matter what color the engine is but, It DOES! It has to look cool, thats marketing! Barry, if you're giving them feedback, tell them the ugly colors are costing them sales, everything else is a winner with this engine but, you're doing the competitors a hugh favor by painting it! You've already had a number of comments on this thread regarding the color; it is a problem!

Mike

RCJetBazz 08-17-2012 07:38 AM

I mean for us the Mustangs, the Brits their aston martin, Italians their ferrari, Swiss their Patek or Vacheron...... for you Canadians..., just be proud of your flag. :)

luv2flyrc 08-17-2012 07:48 AM

post deleted

Pepperpete 08-17-2012 08:16 AM

As much as I love Kingtech (and I really do...) I think the colors are ewwwww. Carbon fiber install boards, chrome connectors, powder coated landing gear...and then you see this big ugly turbine sitting in the bay...yuck! At least the gold one has a Mr T vibe going for it. This one is just...strange.

The dang thing looks like it started out red but is rusting out. If they had done the entire thing in the deep nice red of the mounting rings it would be ok.

k_sonn 08-17-2012 08:58 AM

Hey Sean, Congrats on the new turbine.  I'm color blind so the color looks like a nice shade of gray to me :D 

I wonder if color has anything to do with performance.:eek:

Kirk

RCJetBazz 08-17-2012 09:32 AM

ORIGINAL: k_sonn

Hey Sean, Congrats on the new turbine. I'm color blind so the color looks like a nice shade of gray to me :D

Kirk
Apparantly for people north of the border, lol

Pepperpete 08-17-2012 10:44 AM

ORIGINAL: RCJetBazz

Hey Sean, Congrats on the new turbine. I'm color blind so the color looks like a nice shade of gray to me :D

Kirk
Apparantly for people north of the border, lol

I like a nice looking jet when the cover is off. And a nice flying jet when the cover is on.

Just because a Mustang may be painted pink on the outside doesn't mean it's not steller on the inside. Would I want to drive it? Nope its not my style. Now paint it a nice metallic blue and I'm right there with ya! :) Its just personal preference.

smchale 08-17-2012 01:23 PM

Kirk
Thanks Kirk. I'm happy with it. I actually think the color is pretty nice, especially in the sun. The pics dont really do it justice.
I'm sure if someone REALLY felt the biggest obstacle was the color, Kingtech could accomodate them for a price.
Frankly, I didn't give the color any consideration when electing to purchase one but maybe others put more value in it than I do. For me it was customer service, and performance for the price, I think it's a good value in the market of similar sized units. I was pleasantly surprised and pleased by the color, but it wasn't what made the decision for me. I want to run and fly it, not look at it. ;)

Pepperpete 08-17-2012 03:23 PM

Ok enough about the color. It would never stop me from buying as I bought the Gold K80 even though that color also made my eyes bleed.

Now onto serious stuff. Can ANYONE (Barry??) confirm for me the fuel rate this uses? Also what the residual thrust rate is? I think someone mentioned its less than a pound but I would like confirmation.

babish 08-17-2012 10:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You can paint it, this is a standard k-80.

marquisvns 08-20-2012 09:40 PM

K-100Gs flight reports came back with flawless records worldwide, including Sean's :)

As with the colors, a great many people including myself love the new scheme and if you don't then that's just too bad. We may consider doing a custom scheme, but for sure won't do certain ones like metallic blue or pinkish purple. Incidentally, I've asked the factory to build me a "black widow" (my favorite Cox 049 : ) an all black anodized 180G.

Specs for the 100G has been on our site and residual thrust is 0.85 pound at 43,000.

Regards,
Barry

kmrcjets 08-21-2012 12:02 AM

hi
my first two of three K100G turbines arrived in australia today
great color. how could anyone not like the this color?. am going
to run mine in the morning then pull the K140F out of my der jet
vampire and replace it with the 100. the vampire is way over powered
with the 140. the other two K100's are to be fitted into two of my customer's
vampires.
ken
kingtech turbines australia

luv2flyrc 08-21-2012 05:39 AM

post deleted

BlueBus320 08-29-2012 03:47 AM

Wow, I am thoroughly impressed!.. Go Kingtech!!![8D]

Marcelo Assis 08-29-2012 05:41 AM

Hi Babish,
What is the manufacturer of your Fox glider.
Could you tell me its specs and the manufacture´s website?
Regards
Marcelo

essyou35 11-21-2012 06:03 PM

I have one of these now and ran it up today. Really like the clean install. The single fuel line into a swivel pisco fitting is quite nice.
Its quiet like my k80 was, really wish it was louder.

Those old Ram 500 drown me out.

lawndartz 06-25-2014 08:05 PM

can any one post the throttle time from idle to full throttle ? Is it 4 seconds ?