RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   JMA Long Marston - 6th and 7th October, 2012 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11178404-jma-long-marston-6th-7th-october-2012-a.html)

Dizz 10-07-2012 10:27 AM

RE: JMA Long Marston - 6th and 7th October, 2012

1 Attachment(s)
Last night's towering inferno was this morning's burnt-out pile of asheshttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...sn/biggrin.gif
It was a bloody good night though!!

ModellbauUK 10-07-2012 10:52 AM

Is that Mr Tancock with a sore head. Good night again then. No kero bar shot though.

John Tancock 10-07-2012 11:14 AM

Just got back!

Thanks to everyone involved in organising this event, It's a great venue and easy to get to.

Funny feeling Dizz that I'm going to see a few more photos from the night before! LOL!

I love these meetings, they really are a good laugh!

Regards

John.

ModellbauUK 10-07-2012 11:24 AM

Next year planning on doing a whole lot more shows. Long Marston is probs the furthest I can drive to and back in one day and now more events are planned there will hopefully attend each one. Any more planned for this year?<br type="_moz" />

jason 10-07-2012 11:41 AM

Another great weekend at Long Marston!

Great flying, great company, and great evening entertainment from TanCock....:D

Enjoyed showing Geoffrey that a 10yr old relic with a Dutch steam engine was no match for a state of the art machine...:D

Looking forward to more meets there next year[8D]

Jason

johnls 10-07-2012 12:06 PM

Just got back from two great days. Loads of relaxed flying with good company. I really enjoyed flying my T33 and it was great to get the big F15 sorted now it have got through the over 20 kg scheme. Big thanks to everyone who organised it and thanks to my brother for his help and providing humble accommodation!!

John

whitcombe 10-07-2012 12:28 PM

A big thankyou to the Dick, Roger and the rest of the JMA crew for a wonderful day saturday. Managed 6 flights on my VT-80 powered F16 and had fun catching up with some old faces and friends from ye old days. So thanks all for a wonderful day burning kero with fellow jet jocks !

All the best and Ian George will give me a go of his L39 one day........dont resist Ian its inevitable! lol :)

Tim

Geoff White 10-07-2012 12:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Jason dear boy, see the following picture as you need it badly because you now know how it feels to have a 10 year old steam relic whoop your arse.
Don't shed too many tears I as won't be, I will be laughing at putting you in your place.

Minch 10-07-2012 12:56 PM

The Welsh airforce has just arrived home after a great weekend of Jet flying, banter and the antics of "The Cock" probably the best jet fest of this year. Many thanks for all those involved in organising and running of the event, special thanks to Dick for keeping us fed and watered all weekend. Flight of the weekend has to go to the Bandit v's Bandit v's Firebird speedfest - think Jason's Bandit shaded it on this occassion but there's not much in it.

Nick and Derek

jason 10-07-2012 01:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Minch

Flight of the weekend has to go to the Bandit v's Bandit v's Firebird speedfest - think Jason's Bandit shaded it on this occassion but there's not much in it.

Nick and Derek
Geoff will be crying in his evening cocoa when he reads that...;)

John Tancock 10-07-2012 01:04 PM

The Welsh Air Force!

It really wouldn't be the same with out you!
I think possibly the most travelled Jet Jocks in the UK!;)

JT

Geoff White 10-07-2012 01:06 PM

Excuse me Ginger - Look what Pat Barnes said - 'In the Geoff vs Jason Mega Death speed competition, I think Geoff has the edge!'

Now Pat is an experienced aviator so I think his opinion holds a lot of weight.:D

John Tancock 10-07-2012 01:13 PM

Now, this is one that will run on!

GPS could settle this for once and for all!

Take the tanks off Geoff for one flight!

I will rig up a Remote GPS system!

JT

Thruster 10-07-2012 01:54 PM

ORIGINAL: whitcombe

A big thankyou to the Dick, Roger and the rest of the JMA crew for a wonderful day saturday. Managed 6 flights on my VT-80 powered F16 and had fun catching up with some old faces and friends from ye old days. So thanks all for a wonderful day burning kero with fellow jet jocks !

All the best and Ian George will give me a go of his L39 one day........dont resist Ian its inevitable! lol :)

Tim
I echo the thanks to Dick and Rodger for organising the weekend for us Kero sniffers - Thanks for arranging the weather as well [X(]

Fantastic weekend and a great welcome back into the hobby for me - really enjoyed the company and thanks to Mark for his banter and help throughout –cheers Mate [&:]

Also Managed to burn 40ltrs in all, so well chuffed.

Tim – one day!!!! (Nice to meet up again) :D

GrayUK 10-08-2012 12:08 AM

Got to say..... i think Jason had the edge....but...it was not much!
As said...take the tanks off Geoff

Paul G

Geoff White 10-08-2012 12:13 AM

You have some good friends Jason as they all close ranks cos they know you will be devastated to know the truth that the relic whooped you...as per my SMS to you this morning

Geoff.

johnls 10-08-2012 12:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A couple of shots of my T33 and F15E

John

Geoff White 10-08-2012 12:55 AM

Watched your last flight with the T33 and it is looking great in the sky John. Also using using crow in the landing config has really sorted the landings.

johnls 10-08-2012 01:29 AM

Thanks Geoff, coming from an ace,like yourself, I appreciate it. The crow has transformed the landings from the hardest plane I've had to land to a ***** cat.
It was a great weekend, on a par with the first Merryfield.

John

Geoff White 10-08-2012 01:41 AM

While we are talkling about good flying, I saw some great flying - Dave Gladwin and his Hawk, Pat Barnes with his Bandit Arf, Jamie with Attacker and his bandit, Luke/Rob W/Rob H with their Flashes, Colin with his firebird, Steve E flying his Ultra Bandit and finally Jason/Ginger/JR with his Bandit/Bobcat. There were many many more but I need to get on with some work!

It was nice to see some new faces, they all flew very well and we look forward to seeing them at the next meet.

CJ2002 10-08-2012 02:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What a stellar weekend...Rog Kilbey does it again!

Long Marston's an excellent venue and the weather made sure we had a brill time! The Saturday evening entertainment was well balanced and Geoff marked the occasion by wearing a newly decorated tee-shirt. After we left, things deteriorated satisfactorily though...apparently there are pictures of Tancock taking a shower fully clothed before collapsing on Animal's bed...which pissed Animal off coz he'd paid for the best room with blueys on tap and a king size bed, and ended up sleeping on the floor!:D). Apparently John Palmer's magic tricks went down well again (even tho he can't remember doing them), whilst Diz gently got himself around several pints of the West Country's best amber nectar. All good stuff!

Particularly enjoyed watching the girls trying to outdo each other with those sports rockets yesterday and, despite the focus being on G and J, the fastest without any doubt at all was Colin Gardner's Firebird...he had to constantly back off the throttle so the others could keep pace with him :D

I really must thank everybody for the help they gave in putting on this event but especially Rachael, my daughter, who did a super job with the food, and also for enduring all the banter - she's a star!

Really looking fwd to the three events we've got lined up at LM next year but, in the meantime, I've attached a few pics that might be of interest...

Cheers,

Dick

GrayUK 10-08-2012 03:52 AM

Dick
Got any chocolate?

;)

Paul G

jason 10-08-2012 03:52 AM

or crisps?

CJ2002 10-08-2012 05:18 AM

:D

johnls 10-08-2012 11:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A couple of spectacular shots of the F15 taking off, having hit a puddle. Thanks to Frank Dicarlo for the pics.

John