RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Flyeagle F-16 1:5.5 size main landing gear issue (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11185426-flyeagle-f-16-1-5-5-size-main-landing-gear-issue.html)

ZivBit 08-08-2012 06:06 AM

Flyeagle F-16 1:5.5 size main landing gear issue
 
Hey guys

I have been flying my big f16 for some time now with lots of fun.
My only issue is the main landing gear seems to not hold the weight of the plane and the struts are being compressed, resulting in expanding the width of the main gear,lowering the fuse center, and generally looking not scale... Picture attached.

I was looking for a way to compress the struts back again and could not find how.
Can any of you give some advice after dealing with this issue.

Thanks,
Ziv

dubd 08-08-2012 06:18 AM

RE: Flyeagle F-16 1:5.5 size main landing gear issue
 
Is it the spring that is weakening? If so, can you replace it?

ZivBit 08-08-2012 06:21 AM

RE: Flyeagle F-16 1:5.5 size main landing gear issue
 
Could be. Do you know how to take it apart?
I wanted to post a picture but forgot i am using my ipad.. Later will post it.

Thanks
Ziv

dubd 08-08-2012 06:35 AM

RE: Flyeagle F-16 1:5.5 size main landing gear issue
 
I don't. Have you tried popping the eclips and pulling the strut apart? From looking at pictures of the gear on FEJ's site, there doesn't seem to anything else keeping it together.

Rider-60 08-08-2012 08:08 AM

RE: Flyeagle F-16 1:5.5 size main landing gear issue
 
You should get in touch with FEJ, I have a friend who sent his gear back as there is a new stronger version. However the upgrade was not free....

FenderBean 08-08-2012 08:14 AM

RE: Flyeagle F-16 1:5.5 size main landing gear issue
 
The spring can be easily replaced, the strut with the spring is two parts. just unscrew the end and the spring pops out. I took mine apart and cleaned/greased it I can post a pic later today. If that gear ever wears out on you get the new style which has air instead of a srping, its a much better deisgn as well. Mine is at Down and Locked getting my electric motors moved from my old to the new.

ZivBit 08-08-2012 12:37 PM

RE: Flyeagle F-16 1:5.5 size main landing gear issue
 
Hi fender

Does down and locked have a combo soution for the landing gear and the door pistons conversion?
What should be the cost of such converion?

Thanks
Ziv

FenderBean 08-08-2012 01:29 PM

RE: Flyeagle F-16 1:5.5 size main landing gear issue
 
The only thing I know of they offer is a built in door sequencer in the gear control box. It depends on your gear and how much time is required, on average 6-800 US
Quote:

ORIGINAL: ZivBit

Hi fender

Does down and locked have a combo soution for the landing gear and the door pistons conversion?
What should be the cost of such converion?

Thanks
Ziv

FenderBean 08-08-2012 01:34 PM

RE: Flyeagle F-16 1:5.5 size main landing gear issue
 
1 Attachment(s)
Here is how the strut comes apart (old Style gear)

powerjets 08-12-2012 07:07 AM

RE: Flyeagle F-16 1:5.5 size main landing gear issue
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: FenderBean

The spring can be easily replaced, the strut with the spring is two parts. just unscrew the end and the spring pops out. I took mine apart and cleaned/greased it I can post a pic later today. If that gear ever wears out on you get the new style which has air instead of a srping, its a much better deisgn as well. Mine is at Down and Locked getting my electric motors moved from my old to the new.

How many flights on it before you replaced this (old) gear ?
thanks

FenderBean 08-12-2012 07:11 AM

RE: Flyeagle F-16 1:5.5 size main landing gear issue
 
I didnt have to replace it, I just figure I would get the latest and greatest. I plan on selling this jet so having the updated gear will help. :D
Quote:

ORIGINAL: powerjets


Quote:

ORIGINAL: FenderBean

The spring can be easily replaced, the strut with the spring is two parts. just unscrew the end and the spring pops out. I took mine apart and cleaned/greased it I can post a pic later today. If that gear ever wears out on you get the new style which has air instead of a srping, its a much better deisgn as well. Mine is at Down and Locked getting my electric motors moved from my old to the new.

How many flights on it before you replaced this (old) gear ?
thanks

powerjets 08-12-2012 07:17 AM

RE: Flyeagle F-16 1:5.5 size main landing gear issue
 
Thats good to hear,
any specific updates you like on the new gear ? any issues with the previous gear after (50 ?) flights?

thanks

FenderBean 08-12-2012 07:27 AM

RE: Flyeagle F-16 1:5.5 size main landing gear issue
 
New gear has a different toe/washout arm. The old version has egg shaped bearing in aluminum that wears pretty fast. The old gear had a few thread rotation areas that have been replaced with bushing design so the gear is tighter. Locking is no longer a pin in the air cylinder its over flex of the support arm which is much better.
They didnt cut out the holes to save weight on this gear, I guess to make it stronger but the gear never had any problems from that. I prefer having those cuts to save weight on gear, looks like the skymaster gear. The nose gear frame is different, its smaller and you need a smaller servo control rod. When I get my gear back from DnL I will post it in my F-16 build thread, which has pics of the new gear before electric conversion.
Quote:

ORIGINAL: powerjets

Thats good to hear,
any specific updates you like on the new gear ? any issues with the previous gear after (50 ?) flights?

thanks


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:37 AM.