RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   2012 Jets Over Whidbey - Coupeville, WA - Who's In! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11185880-2012-jets-over-whidbey-coupeville-wa-whos.html)

reznor 08-09-2012 02:21 PM

RE: 2012 Jets Over Whidbey - Coupeville, WA - Who's In!

Next weekend?

DUCMOZ 08-09-2012 04:00 PM

For those people that have not been there before and thinking about it, this is a "have fun" get together and most of the time, only one or two planes are in the air. So everyone can relax ald fly with ease. Hope to see all the friends there.

Behzad

PaulD 08-09-2012 05:30 PM

ORIGINAL: k_sonn

ORIGINAL: PaulD
Man that's an UGLY picture. Plane looks pretty good though. :D

Looking forward to it guys.

PaulD
Good one Paul [img][/img]

Are you bringing the Flash? Anything else? I may have a Skymaster L-39 if I can get it finished and maiden before then.

See ya in a couple of weeks.

Kirk
Kirk,

I sold the Flash last year as I got an offer I couldn't refuse. Built a Boomer Torus and Carf CT-114 - both will be there. I also am building an Ultra Lightning that will probably be completed before JOW but may not be in time to get 5 flights on it before the event.

Cheers,

PaulD

DUCMOZ 08-09-2012 08:30 PM

Hi Paul, I think you and I started the new planes at the same time. You finished two and I am just getting ready for painting the Futura. Darn I am slooooow. Bandit Arf has been done for a while but still not maidened.

See you.

Behzad

DUCMOZ 08-09-2012 08:31 PM

I will be in for Saturday.

B

PaulD 08-09-2012 08:52 PM

ORIGINAL: DUCMOZ

Hi Paul, I think you and I started the new planes at the same time. You finished two and I am just getting ready for painting the Futura. Darn I am slooooow. Bandit Arf has been done for a while but still not maidened.

See you.

Behzad
Well..... Sorta. The Torus was built last year and flew at JOW. The picture at the beginning of this thread with smoke on is mine from JOW last year. Just the Tutor is new.

Love to see ya fly your Barf. [8D]

PaulD

Malydilnar 08-10-2012 08:39 AM

I'll come and watch, but I'll have a jet for next year

DAN AVILLA 08-10-2012 10:15 AM

Bob and staff we will not make it because I had to have surgery on my knee. Will<div>Be recovering in Wenatchee . Dan and Coleen Avilla</div>

paulsf86 08-10-2012 12:08 PM

Dan:

Kicking the airplane into the air does not work as well as advancing the throttle stick. Hope you are not down too long, I am very familiar with knee issues.

Paul S.

DAN AVILLA 08-10-2012 03:38 PM

Hi Paul,

Not exactly a knee injury. I pulled my quad muscle away from the knee bone. Six to eight week recovery before Physical Therapy. We are in Canon City, CO and I will do my recovery in Wenatchee. Hope to see you at Best of the West.
<br type="_moz" />

samo 08-12-2012 08:41 PM

Hi all. My son and I are planning on attending! We're excited! It will be good to make it out again to this great event.

Steve and Drew

ddennison 08-12-2012 09:11 PM

Hi Bill!

Sorry I cant make it - it is the same weekend as our MN jet rally. I still hope to make it out there sometime. Good luck with your event!

Is the F18F ready?

Dave

Kelly W 08-13-2012 08:55 AM

Reservation made at the hotel, gotta send in my banquet app tonight. Looking forward to another classic JOW...

One of these years I'll show up with a new jet, but the same old hardware for me again this time. Should be a reduced but still decent contingent of Canadian pilot making the trip, a few from Alberta again.

Thanks in advance to Bill and Roberto for keeping the show going this year.
Kelly

Helijet 08-13-2012 01:54 PM

Sorry gents ....no go for me this year. Going to spend some time out at the lake with the family that has been scattered throughout this summer. Definitely, on the list for next year!

Wishing you calm winds and clear sky

Dean W.

reznor 08-14-2012 02:44 PM

ORIGINAL: ddennison

Hi Bill!

Sorry I cant make it - it is the same weekend as our MN jet rally. I still hope to make it out there sometime. Good luck with your event!

Is the F18F ready?

Dave

Hi Dave,

The F18 has turned into an E18. It's almost ready. Good luck with your event. We'll cross paths at some point.

Bill

reznor 08-14-2012 02:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Helijet

Sorry gents ....no go for me this year. Going to spend some time out at the lake with the family that has been scattered throughout this summer. Definitely, on the list for next year!

Wishing you calm winds and clear sky

Dean W.
Sorry you can't make it Dean. Is it something Roberto did? :) Have fun with the family!

Bill

DUCMOZ 08-14-2012 03:01 PM

ORIGINAL: DAN AVILLA

Bob and staff we will not make it because I had to have surgery on my knee. Will<div>Be recovering in Wenatchee . Dan and Coleen Avilla</div>
Hi Dan

We will miss you at JOW and hope that you recover soon. . Are you staying at the Red Apple Flyers in Wenatchee?

Behzad

DAN AVILLA 08-14-2012 06:06 PM

Behzad I plan on being their from the Sunday of Whiby for at least 3 weeks. You should come over and fly with Chris Baling and me. During the folowing weekend they will have a 3d event so during the week will be the best. Thanks Dan

bob1393 08-14-2012 07:10 PM

Hi Steve and Drew - glad you are planning JOW as we haven't seen you for awhile.

Bob

JohnVH 08-15-2012 07:48 AM

Will you be there for the huckfest Dan? I will be.

maxvertical 08-17-2012 09:18 AM

Chris's Squared (the two chris's Shaker and Rankin) and William Rankin from Oregon are 85% sure we are coming up. Still hammering details out. One of us has been sick lately so it's not 100% yet. Can't wait to come play!

Chris R

reznor 08-21-2012 01:11 PM

Hey everyone, we're just a couple of days away from JOW 2012.

I have to give a shout out to our generous supporters. Below are just some of the prizes available for the drawing at the event. We'll do our drawing at the banquet Saturday night, but you need not be present to win. Entries for prizes are limited to registered pilots only. One entry per pilot will automatically be generated upon registration.

Duralite Flight Systems

Jack has generously sent us a complete set-up for turbine aircraft including 2 Duralite RX battery packs, 1 Duralite ECU battery and a Powerbox Competition SRS ready for the newest radios of any major brand. Wow!

BVM

Bob Violett Model Jets has been a supporter of JOW for many years and always generously supplies us with a great variety of their products which are a huge hit with the participants.

A big thanks to both companies. Their years of participation in the RC industry providing us with superior service and great products has ensured the growth and enjoyment of our fine hobby. Please keep them in mind and support them as they support us.

DUCMOZ 08-21-2012 03:46 PM

ORIGINAL: DAN AVILLA

Behzad I plan on being their from the Sunday of Whiby for at least 3 weeks. You should come over and fly with Chris Baling and me. During the folowing weekend they will have a 3d event so during the week will be the best. Thanks Dan
Hi Dan

For sure I will try. I will call you after JOW and set a date in advance. It would be fun.

reznor 08-22-2012 09:35 AM

Updated info for anyone bringing an RV that will be dry camping at the field.

You will be able to access the field on Thursday August 23rd after 1600 hours (4pm) and stay Thursday night.

Bill B.

k_sonn 08-26-2012 05:30 PM

Just got back from Jets Over Whidbey. Thanks to Roberto and Bill for running a nice and laid back event. Thanks to the WIRCS volunteers for aiding in making the event run smoothly. Thanks to the volunteer's families for loaning them to us for the event.

Had my video camera but was too busy enjoying everyone's company, flying, and answering many questions about my e-powered Hunter so it never made it out of its case. Thanks too everyone for the nice compliments about the way the Hunter flew and the sound of the Schubeler fan. Looking forward to next year.

Kirk