RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Jetpower 2012 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11204739-jetpower-2012-a.html)

lookilook 09-15-2012 01:12 AM

RE: Jetpower 2012

ok thanks Dave, i will have a look now!!

wimpy1 09-15-2012 01:34 AM

hi,

from wich factory is the cobra?

regards
wim

pilot tw 09-16-2012 12:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
more pictures

pilot tw 09-16-2012 12:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
more pictures

Dave Wilshere 09-16-2012 11:57 PM

We got back to the office just after 2.00am and unloaded, returned the van to its yard, bed by 3.30am and I've been back in the office since 7.45am sorting stuff out!
Interesting Jetpower, other than Friday's choppy cross wind the flying weather was good, perfect temps for me, not to hot not too cold! Talking to most of the traders the std type model sales were very poor, larger expensive kits were selling really well with record sales for many. It was interesting noting Skymaster/FB etc models that normally have sold signs on by Saturday lunch time, were lacking all but one or two.
Even turbine sales from many of the bigs were less than normal.
Personally I don't enjoy the new display set up, the event has moved from a good place to display your products to more of an airshow set up, OK Sunday was an airshow because of the 10 years and public were there in large numbers...but not to buy turbines!
Jetman wasn't what I had hoped for, I guess that's why he's still alive ;)

Really enjoyed the event as usual and met many old friends, eat good food and travel was no stress.

Dw

Dave Wilshere 09-17-2012 12:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Few pics. Last two shots show Marquee while Jetman was "flying" and everyone watching...

chrigui 09-17-2012 12:19 AM

p90 rx .. the compressor seems 2038 from old p80 ??

Carbon-Customs 09-17-2012 12:28 AM

heres my view of the event.

i too like Dave noticed the lack of "sold" signs on the displayed models. but i would like to say that i think its wrong that the makers of the less quality jets thinks they are BVM, no wonder a firm like skymaster cant sell their jets as easy as before.

i lost my skymaster large bae hawk 6 months ago (my own fault, but i got the see the wings inside) and i was really not pleased with the construction quality, but the price is almost BVM like :(

the show like the bishop guys are the bomb. it it really awesome :)

i REALLY miss the superscale planes, like the YAK 130 and the MIG 27, haralds Su27 and so on, there was almost only kit planes this year, i was quite disapointed, i also hoped to see the english giant hawk ;)

this was also the first time i saw that some stands wassent used, simply emty spaces. (1-2 places)

this evening night show, they shold get rid of the high volume of 3D helis, they simply sux ;) try to fly som jets instead?

the dealers had a nice range of stuff, and jetcat were really kicking ass this year, i got myself a new Jetcat P300

all in all the show were great, ill be there again next year.

-Kasper H

Jim Cattanach 09-17-2012 12:47 AM

ORIGINAL: Carbon-Customs

heres my view of the event.

i too like Dave noticed the lack of ''sold'' signs on the displayed models. but i would like to say that i think its wrong that the makers of the less quality jets thinks they are BVM, no wonder a firm like skymaster cant sell their jets as easy as before.

i lost my skymaster large bae hawk 6 months ago (my own fault, but i got the see the wings inside) and i was really not pleased with the construction quality, but the price is almost BVM like :(

the show like the bishop guys are the bomb. it it really awesome :)

i REALLY miss the superscale planes, like the YAK 130 and the MIG 27, haralds Su27 and so on, there was almost only kit planes this year, i was quite disapointed, i also hoped to see the english giant hawk ;)

this was also the first time i saw that some stands wassent used, simply emty spaces. (1-2 places)

this evening night show, they shold get rid of the high volume of 3D helis, they simply sux ;) try to fly som jets instead?

the dealers had a nice range of stuff, and jetcat were really kicking ass this year, i got myself a new Jetcat P300

all in all the show were great, ill be there again next year.

-Kasper H

I did not go to JP this year. The prices of jets & associated products are now far to expensive. As you say, Skymaster & many of the other Asian manufacturers are pricing themselves out of the market. If the industry does not adapt to the average jet fliers economic situation, then it will contract, with only companies willing to supply products at affordable prices remaining.
There will always be a market for high quality, high end large jets, but that is a niche market.

Dave Wilshere 09-17-2012 12:48 AM

ORIGINAL: chrigui

Christian

Yes, looks like. My girl friend Claire has one coming for her Pink UF, Will see how it works in the next 6-7 weeks
Giant Hawk has not completed testing, will be next season if everything works out OK.

Dave

Geoff White 09-17-2012 12:52 AM

Just to add my thoughts. I definately do not like the new style of flying where the models are arranged into slots of similar type e.g. sports, USAF etc. The old way where each trader had a 10-15 minute slot to display their goods was far more interesting(especially if you were CARF) and there were always 2-3 models in the air all the time.

Nevertheless, I had a really good time, enjoyed the company and will be back again next year as I see it as a traditional end of season social get together.

Geoff.

Carbon-Customs 09-17-2012 01:06 AM

Geoff i 100% agree with you :)

marc s 09-17-2012 01:14 AM

Big thanks from GBRJET to all my existing customers who come back for more and those new ones who came over and chatted and in some cases took the plunge to buy - all greatly appreciated - thanks;)

Overall for me this year was good, hard work as it was just me on my todd but great to have some company and help on the stand from Steve and Hannah Johnson from Aerotrim who make some of the best wing bags and a brilliant rain cover (also good for sun protection and keeping dust and dirt off your prized jet) they displayed a small range on my stand and sold almost everything. Look out for them as a few big kit manufacturers were snapping up covers like no tomorrow. [link]http://www.aerotrimwingbags.co.uk[/link]

Added a new 'name' to my customer base - Yves Rossy (Jetman) and had big interest on the electric brake product too. CAT's shifted in the dozens and the two Gryphons went to homes where they are scheduled for Marlboro paint schemes.

Thanks to the Als Hobbies team for preventing my Jetpower from being a real 'solo' affair and again thanks to all those who visited, chatted and bought goods - safe flying and hope to see you all at JP2014.

marcs

chrigui 09-17-2012 01:14 AM

ORIGINAL: Dave Wilshere

ORIGINAL: chrigui

Christian

Yes, looks like. My girl friend Claire has one coming for her Pink UF, Will see how it works in the next 6-7 weeks
Giant Hawk has not completed testing, will be next season if everything works out OK.

Dave
many thx dave for info...;)
i will wait the hawk test video!!;)

Carsten Groen 09-17-2012 01:32 AM

Just re-surfaced after a nice JetPower weekend :D

Great flying, great models (although I also missed some of the nice scalemodels from the last years), lots of new toys presented at the show, but above all:
Nice to talk and shake hands with all the friends you make in this hobby, had a blast :)
Will be back next year for sure (as well as my wife, this was the second year she was with me, had a great time also!)

Colin Gontier 09-17-2012 01:43 AM

Just unpacked what was left of our stock and although I'm completely shattered (tired) I'm still on a massive high from the weekend. Jet Power is the highlight of my year as far as anything jet related goes and this year did not disappoint. I too noticed fewer stands this year but still plenty of lovely goodies on offer. We had a great show and having our stand outside so we can catch the flying when its not busy is brilliant.

Really really nice to catch up with customers and friends old and new from around the world. Where our world is now so internet based its so good to talk to so many people face to face. However quite how the Boomerang Team ended up in a certain persons suite in the Steigenberger driking copious amounts of single malt whisky until 2 in the morning whilst jigging to the sounds of Jessie J, I do not know - but it was fun. I still can't remember what deals I agreed to though [X(]

Thank you to everybody who stopped by our stand and we look forward to seeing some of you again in the not too distant future.

Next year Team Boomerang is actually going to put some practice in for our flying slots and we are going to wow everyone with our moves :D:D

Massive thanks to Steve and Toby from Team Boomerang for all their efforts over the whole event and great flying this weekend. Its hard work with little sleep but made so much easier working with a great group of guys. Thank you also to those who took care of our stand when we were flying.

Roll on next year !

Xairflyer 09-17-2012 02:28 AM

Dave your motorsandrotors.com website is down .co.uk is ok, noticed it on friday

siclick33 09-17-2012 02:47 AM

Marc S,

Good to see that you and Rich found a good new home for the Stinger:D

http://tomahawk-design.de/produkte/m...delle/stinger/

I'm hoping that there will be lots more little bits of news like this that will surface over the next few days.

Dave Wilshere 09-17-2012 03:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Xairflyer

Dave your motorsandrotors.com website is down .co.uk is ok, noticed it on friday
Yep has been since July 1st. We should have probate on my domain/web hosters estate soon and sort the renew, so for now its on www.motorsandrotors.co

Dave

chrigui 09-17-2012 03:33 AM

any video / photo about AIR-C-RACE L-29 and F-89 Scorpion??

DominicM 09-17-2012 04:23 AM

Tomahawk Quantum Mono and 2.5m Viperjet look tasty. Mono looks like a mid-range Futura with that top wing removed and only different with the rounded intakes.

Would be interested to see what schemes they come in. Don't see that on the Tomahawk site yet.

http://claregrace.brinkster.net/rc/tomahawk.jpg

Paul0088 09-17-2012 07:39 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kmV6...feature=colike

cool

TimWatson 09-17-2012 08:06 AM

Just got back from a wonderful 3 full days at Jetpower. My wife came with me this year and I was concerned that she would not be able to put up with 3 days at the event. I was pleasantly surprised however as she enjoyed the first 2 days so much she said she would like to go for the third day (We had planned to spend the last day touring around the area as it is quite lovely) but jetpower it was. This was excellent as for her the third day with the airshow, Jetman and the team flying to music was excellent.

It was interesting to get her perspective and I guess the dilemma the organisers have is whether Jetpower is a trade fair or a model airshow. Or perhaps both

To get the public in you need the team flying the music and all the other wiz bangs.

For me I would have liked to see more of the smaller normal models that are available fly. ie the ones more affordable to the average modeller.

On the pricing side many of the products were the same price as on the vendors web sites so no real 'Show Offers' in my view.

All in all however I felt it was an excellent 3 days not to be missed if you are keen on RC jets.

To be an exhibitor in one of the large tents must be anoying as you cant see any of the flying. This is where Boomerang and CARF and a couple of the others outside are lucky

Well done and thanks to all involved who made it happen

ModellbauUK 09-17-2012 08:21 AM

Well we're nearly home having stayed the extra night. What a brilliant event, surpassed all my expectations. Great joint venture with FCT tanks, thanks Saleem and Mark for your support over the weekend and Mark for sharing the driving. At least I got a chance to go around the other traders to say high and to see some of the flying

Glamping was an experience but a hotel is calling for next year without doubt. You live and learn

On the a very successful event for us and nice to be going back with an van devoid of boxes.

Ian<br type="_moz" />

BaldEagel 09-17-2012 08:32 AM

ORIGINAL: ModellbauUK

Glamping was an experience but a hotel is calling for next year without doubt. You live and learn

Ian<br type=''_moz'' />
Glamping eh, this must be a new type of car immobilization technique. ;) or does it have more sinister connotations? :D

Mike