RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Hamburg Jet Jam roll call (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11228615-hamburg-jet-jam-roll-call.html)

av8rk 10-02-2012 03:28 AM

RE: Hamburg Jet Jam roll call

Is BV and his factory demo team attending this years Jet Jam ?

Erik R 10-02-2012 03:42 AM

No,Bob and Dustin couldn't make this one.They attended our Summer Afterburner.

Vampire 10-02-2012 04:33 AM

I will be attending Friday thru Sunday on behalf of Jet Central Turbines and will be happy to provide assistance / support as may be needed. Please feel welcome to call upon me or stop by and chat at your convenience.

George D., look forward to seeing you again. From a Vietnam era vet, welcome home from your service to our county.

George 10-02-2012 06:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Vampire

I will be attending Friday thru Sunday on behalf of Jet Central Turbines and will be happy to provide assistance / support as may be needed. Please feel welcome to call upon me or stop by and chat at your convenience.

George D., look forward to seeing you again. From a Vietnam era vet, welcome home from your service to our county.

Thanks Kerry!! Looking forward to it!

Erik R 10-02-2012 07:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Jet friends,

One of our core members,Dave Brown's son Zack is leaving today to be sworn in to the United States Navy.He will be a Marine battlefield medic.He was supposed to leave Monday,but plans changed.Zack was a Naval Sea Cadet,and has been volunteering at our events with the Cadets for the past few years,helping,and participating in the Color Guard,featuring our national anthem.We were going to honor him at the event,and present him a plaque of appreciation,but when plans changed,I just saw Dave,and gave it to him to present to Zack.

Zack is the second hero in our Farview family to volunteer to serve our great country.Steve DiMaio is currently serving in the United States Air Force.We are immensely proud of,and humbled by both of these outstanding young men.I consider myself privileged to know them,and their wonderful families.I ask that you keep them all in your thoughts and prayers,as they risk all to keep us safe and free.

Erik and the Farview boys

RC Larry-RCU 10-02-2012 08:40 AM

Awesome,,,, Wish we saw more of this in todays world. Folks should remember its our fine men and women in the military ( past and present) that make it possible for the rest of us to go out and play freely on the weekends with our hobby. Hats off to the Hamburg gang! ;) And THANK YOU ZACK!!!!

amfarm 10-02-2012 08:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Picture worth a 1000 words!

Erik R 10-02-2012 09:38 AM

:D:D:D:D:D

Ron Stahl 10-02-2012 11:39 AM

Van's packed and planes charging. Jimmie, Buddy, and the wife will be up with me mid morning tomorrow. Harold and Bob coming up Thursday morning. Looks like we will have great weather once the rain moves out. See all of you there.

Dr Honda 10-03-2012 04:32 AM

I don't know if I'll get there this year. (dang it) I really wanted to come say hi to all of you, and see Todd's new mobile rig.

Oh well.... I guess I'll have to try for the spring.

Erik R 10-03-2012 05:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So,

We're all trying to set up today,in the crappy,drizzly weather.First i drive by in the cart,and see Lee,the president,on his back,turning wrenches on our bud Rick's diesel Ford.

I'm like,we'll all kick in for your oil change,but how about you help us set up for the event?Three passes later,this is what I see.Sometimes,you just have to go with the flow!!

kberk222 10-03-2012 05:48 PM

did you miss me? and that is the sexy rick.

Erik R 10-03-2012 06:00 PM

Bud,

You were missed more than you have any idea.Put it this way,setup took all day.Upside is,we sunk pvc pipes to hold the fence posts.No more banging them in.George made it in with the Dreamworks mobile unit,and Don D got his bigrig in.Spent much of the evening trying to get the crow in Roadkill's kingcat,and get Dave's cranky Eurosport motor running.Did i mention that you were missed?!?

Ron Stahl 10-03-2012 06:07 PM

Some of us got here today and were able to get setup and the field as usual is in great shape. Now all we need is the weather to cooperate and if not we will all hang out and share a weekend telling lies and hanger flying. Lol.

kberk222 10-03-2012 06:08 PM

thanks , missed you guys never missed a setup before , well hopefully everything will work out and i can come and play even if its just for a little while. hang in there bud say hi to the guys for me. thanks berk

Erik R 10-03-2012 06:16 PM

Here's a shoutout to our good bud Dave Brown(amfarm)We're all just as proud as you about Zack,and you have way more friends feeling proud,and saying a prayer than you think.Keep your chin up brother.We're so all in this together.You taught your baby boy everything you could,and he's doing us all proud...

[8D]

xxspeed 10-03-2012 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Let the games begin :D

Adil Nasim 10-04-2012 07:12 AM

Field looks awesome.. too bad the weather is looking so bad.. I may have to decide last minute depending on the weather..

SDIMAIO 10-04-2012 07:15 AM

Thanks for the kind words, Erik. I really appreciate it. I wish I could have been there for this one. Hopefully I can get to it next year.

raptureboy 10-04-2012 08:11 AM

Looks like fri is the day http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...mp;lon=-75.983

Hinckley Bill 10-04-2012 02:14 PM

Can't make it this year Erik...

Daughter's wedding just finished up and now continuing with diagnosis and treatment of son's cancer.

Will miss you, Billy, Berk and all the Farview Boys for sure but will put it on the calendar for next year for sure.

Anyone who wants a great time flying and kickin' back with great guys should try to make this meet.

Bill

trioval00 10-04-2012 04:28 PM

Today was a great day for flying.... we flew all day with a short stop around 2 pm for some sprinkles, then shortly after there wasn't a cloud in the sky.......
Be back in the morning, had to run home to pick up the wife......

Mark

ORIGINAL: raptureboy

Looks like fri is the day http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...mp;lon=-75.983

d.doolittle 10-07-2012 02:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
NEW PILOT GOT HIS WAIVER THIS WEEKEND!

Dr Honda 10-07-2012 02:58 PM

So... where's the pics??

Reggie Dean 10-07-2012 04:54 PM

Big "UPS" to Erik & ALL of the crew @ Farview for putting together another awesome Jet Jamboree! It seems like the events get smoother & smoother each year. All of the pilots brought their "A" game as I had the vuvuzela in hand to score the landings, but never got a chance to use it! Thanks to all of the event sponsors & especially the Sea Cadets for helping to make a great event!
BTW, we missed you Steve!

Reg