RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   hobby king turbine? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11251511-hobby-king-turbine.html)

kmrcjets 10-05-2012 01:17 AM

hobby king turbine?

hi guy's
is this where hobby kings turbines are going to be coming from?
google hongkong luckyfly technology ltd
ken
kmrc jets

hotspot 01 10-05-2012 02:25 AM

RE: hobby king turbine?

Like with all new turbine manufacturers it's going to take a few brave people to give them a go it has paid off for me as I acquired a Atj engine and its been great.

ausfester 10-05-2012 04:58 AM

Xjets "demo" unit is black and looks different but who knows. Come on ken we should get one just for kicks

Dr Honda 10-05-2012 05:22 AM

I guess the reason they haven't released it yet is because they don't have a service network set up yet. (that was posted on HK's forum)

kmrcjets 10-05-2012 06:19 AM

hi fellow jet flyers
i posted this only as an interest. but as a few know i am a kingtech dealer in the land of oz.
lets see where this progresses. ausfester you first.
regards
ken
kmrc jets

Xairflyer 10-05-2012 06:29 AM

There is a HK turbine thread on here with more info

Vettster 10-05-2012 06:33 AM

Luckyfly might just be another distributor. We dont know for sure that they are manufacturing them. I do agree that these are most likely the same engines that HK will be selling though.

The 10kg engine is expected to be released first. "Hear say"...says it will go for about $1500
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ologyCoLtd.png

marc s 10-05-2012 07:21 AM

La la la.... I should feel so lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky....................:eek:

marcs

frema 10-05-2012 08:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Vettster

Luckyfly might just be another distributor. We dont know for sure that they are manufacturing them. I do agree that these are most likely the same engines that HK will be selling though.

The 10kg engine is expected to be released first. ''Hear say''...says it will go for about $1500
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ologyCoLtd.png
can i have that website
the small one looks like the jetjoe junior

LGM Graphix 10-05-2012 08:24 AM

http://hkluckyfly.en.alibaba.com/pro....html#products

Not sure I feel lucky enough to go with a company called luckyfly. Kinda fun to say Shenzen Luckyfly Plastic Mold Company though lol

Aussie Bart 10-05-2012 07:31 PM

Hey Kenny

When Model Engines (major Aus importer for those who do not know them) took over the Jet Joe distributorship the motor was renamed as JLT which stood for "Jet Lucky Turbine". The 20 kg motor on the website is the Jet Joe 1800.

I'm guessing they are all connected somehow.

At least they sell quality turbine airframeshttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...wink_smile.gif

Sale Mafia Rule<br type="_moz" />

sysiek 10-05-2012 10:05 PM

The jj 1800 producing only 18lbs of thrust the biggest jj is the jj3000 with 30lbs thrust so the 22kg its like 45lbs thrust nothing lake that was made in jj shop ,I own two jj and other turbines the closest to that is mine jet cat p200 .I lake to buy one of those turbines to try.

Ayrtonsenna 10-05-2012 10:33 PM

ORIGINAL: sysiek

The jj 1800 producing only 18lbs of thrust the biggest jj is the jj3000 with 30lbs thrust so the 22kg its like 45lbs thrust nothing lake that was made in jj shop ,I own two jj and other turbines the closest to that is mine jet cat p200 .I lake to buy one of those turbines to try.

TAM? lol

jetster81 10-05-2012 10:37 PM

I am lead to believe that Hobby king has made a significant investment into the production of a turbine(s) whether it is the range shown above I don't know but it would certainly make good business sense to take a product that already exists and update/re engineer for ease of use and reliability. Its a well known fact that many turbine components used in european units are manufactured in China and if HK can get the quality control right re the metallurgy,bearings and assembly also establishing a solid, reasonably priced servicing network there is no reason that I can see for not offerring a good reliable competetively priced product to the market.
The Chinese are well known for their 'lost in translation' english naming of products and companies etc. I would not let that put me off buying from them.

Lets wait and see,i think it will not be long now.<br type="_moz" />

DiscoWings 10-06-2012 05:38 AM

well rcmodeldonkey...I mean reviews has has a turbine for 3 months and keeps stalling on the review so I don' know whats going on with that, we still don't have a video of it.[:'(]

rrragmanliam 10-06-2012 06:43 AM

I'm waiting for the first threads complaning about poor quality, delayed shipping, crappy service and lack of responce from HK. These forums are replete with complaints about Hobby King. Why would anyone want to spend thousands of dollars with them?

rrragman

larry11 10-06-2012 07:48 AM

I am waiting in anticipation to see if hobby king will succeed with this venture.
But before we write them off, let's take a look at what they did for the electric end up this hobby.
Let's face it, many hobbyist didn't have any e planes or e helicopters because it was cost prohibitive.
I believe hobby king was responsible for changing that and making it affordable. And, it s good quality stuff.

With that being said, I think they could and will sell a ton of turbines because I do believe they will have them priced a lot cheaper than anything on the market now.

With their large customer base and sales potential I personally think ( if they are truly serious about this venture) they can produce a quality product.
Although, it will be imperative to have a top notch support and service network here in the USA. I believe that will be key to their success.

Vettster 10-06-2012 07:25 PM

ORIGINAL: DiscoWings

well rcmodeldonkey...I mean reviews has has a turbine for 3 months and keeps stalling on the review so I don' know whats going on with that, we still don't have a video of it.[:'(]
It took a while for us to figure that one out. But it quit simple really.. Bruce from rcmodeldonkey...I mean reviews.. has been holding off on the videos because once he post it..then no one will need to constantly check into his site or youtube account. In other words..He's using everyone's interest in this engine to promote his own website. Pretty sleezy and underhanded IMO.

Vettster 10-06-2012 07:30 PM

ORIGINAL: larry11

I am waiting in anticipation to see if hobby king will succeed with this venture.
But before we write them off, let's take a look at what they did for the electric end up this hobby.
Let's face it, many hobbyist didn't have any e planes or e helicopters because it was cost prohibitive.
I believe hobby king was responsible for changing that and making it affordable. And, it s good quality stuff.

With that being said, I think they could and will sell a ton of turbines because I do believe they will have them priced a lot cheaper than anything on the market now.

With their large customer base and sales potential I personally think ( if they are truly serious about this venture) they can produce a quality product.
Although, it will be imperative to have a top notch support and service network here in the USA. I believe that will be key to their success.
+1;)

The biggest mistake HK made in the venture was to give the engine to Bruce for a review. With all the waiting.. People have just come to the conclusion that there is something wrong.

Anthony Hand has announced that the engines are ready for sale. But he will not release them till a service network is set up in each continent.

Xairflyer 10-08-2012 03:07 AM

You dont need to keep checking the RCmodelreviews youtube channel just subscribe and setup email notification, when he posts a video you get a notification so you never need to look at the channel again until then

Henke Torphammar 10-08-2012 11:19 AM

Anthony Hand has announced that the engines are ready for sale. But he will not release them till a service network is set up in each continent.
Why would they all of a sudden care about warranty or service? :-)

countilaw 10-12-2012 08:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Henke Torphammar

Why would they all of a sudden care about warranty or service? :-)

Hobby King has never worried about customer service before. I don't expect them to in the near futue either. It's just more blue smoke from Anthony Hand.

Seamus OLeprosy 10-15-2012 12:16 PM

Delighted that they are getting  the servicing  sorted first its going to make all the difference to us turbine newbies.
:-)

Datavision 10-15-2012 01:57 PM

Nobody knows what the price will be?