RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Jets in Argentina - Villa Rumipal (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11260997-jets-argentina-villa-rumipal.html)

erbroens 10-13-2012 03:17 AM

Jets in Argentina - Villa Rumipal

1 Attachment(s)
Well, 2012 is almost over and this year was full of fine jet events in Brazil in wich I was privileged to be able to participate. Lot´s of flying, chatting with nice people, information exchange and fun. This time in Argentina wasn´t different and with a big plus to me as I met a branch of my family wich I didn´t met since I was 5 years old. I also had the company of my sister and nephew wich I guess enjoyed the sight of fast jets flying all day too. Hope you guys enjoy this lines and pictures about this wonderful country who has amazing people that manages to live well and progress regardless of how many bad governments they endured in the last 100 years! I think that this country deserves better and hope that democracy will be kept as key to keep the mad men and political oportunists out of charge there... but now let´s talk jets:

I took a direct flight from Curitiba to Buenos Aires and landed at the Ezeiza airport, in wich I picked a rental car and drove to Villa Rumipal with my sister and nephew and drove 700 km to. Meanwhile my friend Manoel dias, transported my plane in his van driving 2.000 Km taking his jets and also Luis Otavio´s too.

erbroens 10-13-2012 03:27 AM

RE: Jets in Argentina - Villa Rumipal

1 Attachment(s)
The road to Rumipal was as good as a autobahn in wich we quickly reached Villa Rumipal city.. we stopped by chance in a city called Cañada de Gomes for lunch,(the GPS didn´t had the info) I found a restaurant and told my relatives that I used the force to find it.. the funny part is at the exact moment we steped inside the TV started to play the Star Wars theme.LOL We where treated with a excellent meal with Argentine beef. what else I can say?

erbroens 10-13-2012 03:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We arrived effortlessy there and flew the planes friday and the weekend. This year was the 5th edition of this meeting and was larger than ever. Hugo Bustos wich is a world class jet pilot and WJM early years competitor was at the helm of this meeting, along the voluntary work of local modelers. A full size runway airport without landing lights where available to us play all day! also a tent was available as we left the airplanes at nigh there, with a local security guard for taking care of them.

As usual, many chinese models there but as imports are often difficulted by politics etc, many models are scratch built / scrounged / adapted / created/ etc.. in this particular case of the golden eurosport, the owner invented and built his own Turbine.

erbroens 10-13-2012 03:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
more pics.. Manoel´s UL, wich was Dave´s and Tavinho´s P160 SM Super Hornet flew fast and low. The F18 had the wings rebuilt and reinforced to endure this kind of flying.

erbroens 10-13-2012 03:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One very interesting model.. this Mig 21 was built and is being sold as a kit by Dario Nuñez, a master modeler and owner of a composite shop in wich he produces racing car parts and r/c models . He produced airplanes for many years for a european re-seller (including the Storm) and he has not a internet presence.. so here it is his model with some details.. very fast and accurate airplane. Guess that the only way to contact him is using facebook and searching for "mundo compuesto"

erbroens 10-13-2012 04:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Also from Dario this Gripen.. : Is the perfect size for me (about 2.4 meters lenght) and extremely accurate with all the lines, rivets,etc.. I fell in love with this one.

erbroens 10-13-2012 04:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
more pics:

erbroens 10-13-2012 04:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The flight line was organized in this way. As many pilots here don´t feel confortable flying with other jets at the same time, Hugo organized a queue in wich every pilot decides if he wants to fly alone or not. I often flew with other pilots to agreed to fly with me to agilize the row. I think that this was the best decision , and everybody flew in a safe way. Very few crashes but not fires fortunately.

erbroens 10-13-2012 04:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One of the most technical and historical interesting models was this Komet from Chile. It is a modified Sunshine Modellbau kit with many improvements, and it flew very nicely despite being plagued with a air trap tank problem.. when the skies turned grey and rainy, it looked like we where in Penemunde in 1944(!) very cool model with exquisite attention to the details.

erbroens 10-13-2012 04:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
....and this is the real reason this plane was dangerous to fly in WWII: nothing about the speed, c-stoff, etc.. the real danger was being like a sitting duck in the middle of a field, with no wheels and no place to hide from the P-51´s that followed the glide back to earth! I bet this guys where in a real hurry at those times retrieving the pilot and plane.

erbroens 10-13-2012 04:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And talking about german delta wings I had a ball with the Super Hotspot.. is was the first time ever I flew this plane without racing pressures and had a great time with it. Like in Manaus this year, the cloudy weather didn´t allowed me to really wring it out, but even so my friends enjoyed to see it flying. Speeds again where low, around 400 km/h but even so I did a formation/chase flight with a P-160 powered flash wich was very fun... and here is also a small cellphone video of this takeoff and pics, with full vertical and return with a formation pass of this planes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=c_u13y_nBkM

erbroens 10-13-2012 04:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Some of the best flying airplanes in the meeting was the SM Hawk.. about 4 or 5 of them, all flew great and it was specially impressive to watch Manoel and Luis Otavio taking off, flying and landing wingtip to wingtip with this planes.. Luis also made the longest and lowest pass I ever witnessed, about 1 feet high for all the full size runway and some more at full throttle .. very impressive to watch.

erbroens 10-13-2012 04:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This airplane is interesting too.. built by Sergio Testa, a all wood 3 meter lenght Eurofigther wich did all the 3D tricks, seems that is available in plans for those who are interested in traditional building with balsa and wood. It flew very nicely. And talking about scratch building a turboshaft chinook with its cover removed.

erbroens 10-13-2012 04:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
more pics:

erbroens 10-13-2012 04:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
one of the nicest models of the meeting: This A-10 was exquisitely over detailed and flew great.. however it was a total airframe loss when one turbine flamed out at takeoff. Anyway, the owner promised to do a even better one for next year, as all the gear inside it survived.

erbroens 10-13-2012 05:08 AM

Well, think that this sums it up well and don´t want to take more of your time, I had a great time in Argentina flying and also met relatives wich made a very pleasant visit. I will surely return as long I could, and must congratulate Hugo and all our Argentinian friends that worked hard to turn this possible.. hope to be able to do this kind of traveling as long as possible, because this is the life that I (and guess many people here) really like!

Best regards to all, y un gran saludo para los amigos de Argentina, Bolivia,Brasil, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay y especialmente para los que trabajaron tanto en Cordoba,

Enrique Broens.

Curitiba, Brasil.

readyturn 10-13-2012 05:24 AM

EXCELLENT post ! So sorry about the A-10, a great looking aircraft. The weathering was great.

Thanks for doing this.;)

Rick

erbroens 10-13-2012 05:28 AM

Thanks Rick, and yes, Ariel has great piloting and building skills. It was a pity this happened at the worst possible time of the flight. But he is already working in the next one that will be even better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxMbD...&feature=share

Jetmutt 10-13-2012 06:06 AM

Very nice jets, especially the one that says "Onda" on the right wing. Do you know if that airplane is available as a kit or if there are drawings available for sale to scratch build it? Thanks for any info you can provide me.

erbroens 10-13-2012 06:53 AM

Sure! this airplane is a Zonda, a 3D sport jet from Sergio Testa and he sells it as a ARF kit.. a very nice flying plane. I think the best way to contact Sergio is by Facebook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSVb2FlZpV0

lookilook 10-13-2012 08:29 AM

Very nice i watched all videos related on youtube,so sorry for the A10,great event congrats!
Nicos

erbroens 10-13-2012 11:12 AM

Thanks Nicos, glad you enjoyed it!

lopflyers 10-13-2012 02:16 PM

Excelente, gracias por las fotos Enrique[8D]

erbroens 10-13-2012 03:48 PM

Que bueno que le gusto!

best regards, Enrique

uncljoe 10-13-2012 04:03 PM

Enrique Great Post !!! it appearrs you had a good time & the fair weather also helped .
Semper Fi
Joe