RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   RESCUE TURBINE - Customer service...NOT ! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11274426-rescue-turbine-customer-service-not.html)

whitcombe 10-24-2012 10:18 AM

RESCUE TURBINE - Customer service...NOT !

Guy's, thought I would share with you my recent dealings with Rescue Turbine in Germany. To be brief, I sent a simjet 1200-18 AES which had ran approx 2 hours following a full rebuild at simjet many years ago but had a blown ECU. I asked them to carry out a check of the turbine and replace the ECU with a new Xicoy autostart V10. Well after 6 weeks and 471 Euro's I got the turbine back with a full test report etc. Problem was it would not even start without flaming and overtemping. It seems they had not even run the turbine on the ECU as requested due to the fact that the 3 pin valve plugs wont fit the xicoy ecu unless you trim the cover slightly! Anyway, after many emails it was sent back but still failed to start properly after it returned. Well after selling it to a simjet collector, after giving him all the details and the test report, it was stripped down and examined prior to getting it to run up. Below is a copy of the email i sent including extracts of his cost, followed by his reply. [X(]

This is just my personel experience and i do understand that others have had no issue's at all with Rescue Turbines. I am just sharing my experience of the service provided.

Uwe, well after selling the 1200-18 AES turbine to a simjet collector he removed the cover to see why it was flaming so much during attempted start cyles. Below are his findings. We believe you never actually ran the turbine with the ecu as expected and all also appalled at the terribly repaired, not replaced as you stated below, gas ring. Have a look at the pictures attached as I think this needs to be displayed on the relevant jet modeller forums?

Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 3:41 PM
To: ################
Subject: Simjet

Hi Tim ,
I got the beast running on Sunday but awfully hot and flamey , rotten start so I checked the fuel and gas pipes and injectors .
Big shock all that money you spent with turbine rescue and they bodged up the old gas ring by fitting only two of the three injectors
and all of the fuel injectors are discoloured so don't look very new either ?
However there are no fuel or gas leaks so I will try to compensate for the lack of heat during the start sequence in the ecu settings ,
now I know whats in the tin hopefully I can work around it !
I've included a pic of the gas pipe and the burner/leak test , have a laugh on me

Also as quoted from yourself Uwe:

“You have pay only 471,89 EUR
The price for the CHECK (working)- not a service, is only 179,87 EUR
for the spare parts :
new Gasstart ring 44,62 EUR ???????, repair fuel injektion system ring 32,72 EUR(original SimJet prices!!)
And you have get a NEW FADEC for only 146,37 EUR ONLY 109 EURO FROM XICOY.COM !!!And shipping back costs are 68,31 EUR !! from UPS germany to england
that´s are the complete price from 471,89 EUR !
And from this price are 178,87 EUR for the Check(demounting, cleaning, mounting, balancing, test run, etc.) the rest is only for YOUR NEW spare Parts and shipping!!"

Yours Sincerely

Tim Whitcombe

Hello Tim, hello Mr. Stanton,
what have you for problems? I have make a correct work on this old turbine type!
Why you have make open the turbine - THE WARRANTY IS OUT!!!!!!??
Repair your turbine self!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what is this for a picture ????????? What you can see on this happy foto?????
The injection system works after the repair from us very good without problems

new Gasstart ring 44,62 EUR ???????,
Yes, new is not correct writing from me - this is for repair time and material, the costs!!
We works not for nothing in germany as company!
SORRY a new Gasstart system (ring is not correct) costs incl. spare part and mounting 79,50 EUR for this old turbine but this tube systems gives not more
ONLY 109 EURO FROM XICOY.COM !!!
When you get a FADEC for only 109 EUR than you must buy self a FADEC from Xicoy !!!!
The "NORMALE" dealer price from us (and all other dealers in EU) for a NEW FADEC C06 ALU-GAS is 120,00 EUR plus 13,- EUR shipping costs from spain to me and 19 % VAT(germany) = 158,27 EUR - you have pay only 146,37 EUR !!
Please what is your problem???
When you think you make a better job as me than make a better job!
When you make you are a dealer than make a dealer for Xicoy electronics and go not to me!
I think I write a e-mail to Gaspar Espiell that he give FADEC´s for dealer prices to privat people in england!(correct Mr. stanton?)
When you like make stress in forums than you get many problems with us lawyer.
That is my word!

J.F 10-24-2012 11:18 AM

RE: RESCUE TURBINE - Customer service...NOT !

So did you ask to send the turbine back and ask if they can get running for you? I've never used them but do run several retail companies and from what you written above it doesn't look like you given them a chance to put wrong any error that may have been made. Instead you sold the engine then sent him some random photos and a threat about posting on a forum? Why not send it back an ask them to sort it?
For the invoicing, there is always the language barrier, not everyone else speaks perfect English and the wrong use of words is very common.
I understand your frustration in not getting the result you wanted but it appears that it's not a customer service issue, rather an impatient customer, using an incorrectly programmed ecu.

whitcombe 10-24-2012 11:37 AM

I did send it back after numerous emails explaining that it would not even start. His responce was that I had to adjust the parameters until it worked, which made me question how he got it running? So I sent the whole lot back including the turbine, ECU, valaves, pump and even the 2 cell lipo as he said he would adjust the parameters accordingly. Well after waiting a month it finally arrived, with out any explaination what was wrong or an email> I was really looking forward to getting this little simjet in the air but one the first attempt to start the original fault was still present and nothing had been adjusted. So I informed him that I felt that I had not received the sevice that I had originally paid for and this was met with an email basically informing me that the turbine ran "perfectly" and that I was doing something wrong? I used all the equipment provided and even ran some fresh Jet A1 but still no improvement. Well after owning and flying numorous turbines over the years, being and airframes/propulsions tech on RAF fast jets for 11 years as well as a chief examiner on planes/heli's I was a bit thrown back by his blunt comments!

And lastly, I have been informed that the original starter motor that comes with the turbine is optimised for 7.2v operation with the old ECU where as the Xicoy autostart V10 is optimised for a 6 volt starter. So how the hell did he get it running as the motor never reached 28000 rpm and so could not self sustain???

J.F 10-24-2012 01:20 PM

Now you explain the whole process a little more I do understand.
Think you should have written that to start with.
Editing your original post to now show this extra information not great etiquette mind.
One can only assume he was running using his own ecus and batteries, and was not going to programme the ecu you purchased.
He hasn't billed you for programming nor in his email has he suggested he tried either. I would suspect perhaps there has been an error in comms as to what you asked and perhaps what he thought you meant, or maybe you did perhaps catch him on a Friday.
Think this is the first neg thing I've heard about these guys, lets hope your experience was a one off.

jason 10-24-2012 03:20 PM

Lucky escape for me as I almost bought that engine off you Tim.

Thats the first time I have heard bad things about Turbine Rescue though.

BTW, they fitted 3 gas injectors so the NGV didn't go out of shape on start up due to it heating up unevenly.

Jason

whitcombe 10-24-2012 11:22 PM

Hi Jason, they only fitted two gas injector pipes as the third was missing! Well all I have to say is that I am not the only one to be dissappointed with the service as I received a call last week asking about my simjet and the service I had as another UK flyer had sent a turbine for service and was originally quoted around 180 euro's only to get it back with a bill for 400+ Euro's. Also see the PM I received last night from another Rescue Turbine customer

Hi Tim

send me your e-mail I can send you my experience that I had when I send in my Simjet Nexus he gave me a quote for 350 euro then when it was done it cost over 600euro
then when I questioned it he got very thick with me and that was in the german lingo he also told me that the turbine would give up to 40lb trust but when it came back with his fancy print out it only says 35lb less than what it was before, as( I am swiss and speak perfect german )all I can tell you I would never deal with this guy again ,My friend send in a Simjet 3000 for a repair and got a quote for 1680 euro or he said he could do it with some S/H parts for 1200 euro now does that not say it all

cheers

farlocc 10-24-2012 11:50 PM

here other service

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11206224/anchors_11206242/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#[/link]

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11157478/anchors_11157661/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#11157661[/link]

Dr Honda 10-25-2012 03:30 AM

ORIGINAL: farlocc

here other service

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11206224/anchors_11206242/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#[/link]

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11157478/anchors_11157661/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#11157661[/link]

Yep... User chrigui is in Italy, and he posts some of his resurrections here. Looks like he does nice work.

K Jorgensen 10-25-2012 04:13 AM

If you need help with your SimJet turbine in the future, send me a PM. Maybe I can help you, used to work there.
Ore if you need help with any other turbine.

asimace 10-25-2012 05:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Dr Honda
Yep... User chrigui is in Italy, and he posts some of his resurrections here. Looks like he does nice work.
User chrigui fixed my RT Hammer 130 after the germans failed...
Very fast service at very reasonable price!
Mauri

siddus74 10-25-2012 07:15 AM

Thats where mine would go for sure, some of the pictures of chrigui's work beggar's belief .. that man has the skills to pay the bills ... shame he's not in the UK, some where around the Midlands ... possibly Nottingham way, NG15 ...;)

Scott.

chrigui 10-25-2012 11:33 AM

ORIGINAL: siddus74

Thats where mine would go for sure, some of the pictures of chrigui's work beggar's belief .. that man has the skills to pay the bills ... shame he's not in the UK, some where around the Midlands ... possibly Nottingham way, NG15 ...;)

Scott.

??

jason 10-25-2012 02:57 PM

When translated into English:) he's saying your work is excellent and he wishes you lived near him.

siddus74 10-25-2012 02:59 PM

ORIGINAL: jason

When translated into English:) he's saying your work is excellent and he wishes you lived near him.
:D

farlocc 10-25-2012 09:38 PM

:D:D:):)

Jonas Bergström 10-26-2012 02:59 AM

Hi
I Sweden we have an very experienced turbin doctor Mr:Soderhall.
He make new part for old or damage turbine that´s not in the market any more. He is also an expert to ballance them very good.
The company name is [link=http://www.csturbine.se/se/]CS Turbine Service[/link]
I have ever heard noting bad from this company.

//
Jonas