RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   need help with Goshawk T45 detail (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11280922-need-help-goshawk-t45-detail.html)

ddennison 10-30-2012 07:25 AM

need help with Goshawk T45 detail

Hi all,

I am trying to read the yellow warning sign on the left side of the Goshawk fuselage, just in front of the intake and just below the handle which I think would open the canopy.

I can read "Warning" but not the few lines that follow....

WOuld anyone have a closeup of the side of the fuse in this region?

Thanks very much
DD

David J Ruskin 10-30-2012 09:10 AM

RE: need help with Goshawk T45 detail

Hi, it reads;

Warning This aircraft contains a cartridge actuated emergency escape mechanism equipped with explosive charges. See applicable maintenance manual for complete instructions.

This sign is on both sides of the fuselage on Navy Goshawks. The port side has a fuzzy line boundary and the starboard a solid line.

Full scale details are in the BAe Hawk Air Data 1 booklet by Andy Evans, published by SAM publications.

Cheers
David

ddennison 10-30-2012 09:22 AM

Excellent!

Thanks!

I will look to find the book as well.

Dave Dennison

ddennison 10-31-2012 06:36 PM

DAvid - thanks for the info, I ordered the book but wotn have it for another 10 days or so.

I am in need of a little more detail - sooner the better - and was wondering if you might know the rough size of the yellow rectangle and which words are on each line?

Thanks very much for any help and for the reference!

Dave

David J Ruskin 11-02-2012 11:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, I've attached pictures of each sign. The first is on the port side, from the rear, second on the starboard. The size on my 1:5.5 Comp ARF Hawk is approx 2ins by 1in.

Hope this helps.

David

Turbulence 11-02-2012 01:31 PM

YEAH, Noticed that Manual is spelled wrong on one side? Unless it's indicatting to Ask "Manuel" which is a Mexican name.

Ralph

ORIGINAL: David J Ruskin

Hi, I've attached pictures of each sign. The first is on the port side, from the rear, second on the starboard. The size on my 1:5.5 Comp ARF Hawk is approx 2ins by 1in.

Hope this helps.

David

David J Ruskin 11-02-2012 02:13 PM

The decals are from Tailormade in Germany, I suspect the spelling is lost in translation. But I'm sure one can work it out.

D

ddennison 11-02-2012 02:59 PM

Thanks David!

MY book should be here in a few days.

I have been wondering whether I would try to make my SM Goshawk a true Goshawk...did you make the side mounted airbrakes yourself? I am hoping that the book will provide some more detail for me to consider the idea of adding this detail, the SMURFs, the single fin and tailhook.....

Dave

RCISFUN 11-02-2012 04:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Is this what you are looking for?

ddennison 11-02-2012 05:24 PM

That looks like it! Thanks

David J Ruskin 11-03-2012 03:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Dave,
Yes, I used the book to make the single fin and tail hook. Havnt made the smurfs yet (thats a this winters project), and fitted the wing fences (although the full size doesn't have these) on advice in the Carf Hawk build thread.

I've fitted the air intake 'ears' on top of the fuselage and underwing flap hinges too.

The Hawk is a lovely model in the air!

David

Chris Smith 11-03-2012 06:21 AM

A true Goshawk also has a taller vertical tail, squared wing tips, squared stabilator tips, dual nose wheel and numerous other changes for those who care. Seems the accuracy of the sticker wording is the least concern. It's quite a different aircraft from a Hawk.

There must not be a market for a T45 since no ARF manufacturer makes one.

David J Ruskin 11-03-2012 10:18 AM

To quote a more famous American.........we hold this truth to be self evident, it would be good if a manufacturer made a real Goshawk arf. These Hawks are sport scale models.

warpsflyer 11-03-2012 11:07 AM

Where did you get your pilots in the Comp-Art T-45?

ddennison 11-03-2012 11:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Chris Smith

A true Goshawk also has a taller vertical tail, squared wing tips, squared stabilator tips, dual nose wheel and numerous other changes for those who care. Seems the accuracy of the sticker wording is the least concern. It's quite a different aircraft from a Hawk.

There must not be a market for a T45 since no ARF manufacturer makes one.
Yes, I was thinking of only modifying the reasonable parts to change. The squared tips, leading edge slats are not something I am going to try and change. But, the rear fins and tailhook would be a nice change to make it look fun on approach, hook down!
I may try the dual nose wheel and also try to sequence the doors too. I have found though that on my two f18s that getting a twin nose wheel retracted against a slip stream worked most of the time but could get tricky with just a bit too much airspeed.

Dave

David J Ruskin 11-03-2012 11:59 AM

The pilots are Blue Box, from Ebay. One was a Blue Angel but I found a jacket to cover the dark blue, the other is an F14 chap.

David

luv2flyrc 11-03-2012 12:55 PM

David,

Two more questions because your aircraft looks fantastic!

What cockpit kit did you use and what did you make the canopy "hoop" out of?

Thanks

Mike

David J Ruskin 11-03-2012 01:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mike,
Many thanks.

The cockpit is the DerJets (from Motors and Rotors in the UK) set; the canopy hoop is cut out of white cardboard and the screen between the pilots is thin perspex.

Ive attached my favourite picture.

David

afterburner 11-03-2012 02:49 PM

David, does the book give good detail for the Goshawk or is it mostly for the Hawk? I have the Tailormade set for the CARF Hawk as well and I've just about given up where many of the smaller decals should go[:o]. Thanks.

Marty

David J Ruskin 11-03-2012 11:57 PM

Yes pretty good. There is a section just on Navy and Marine Goshawks which has plenty of full size pics to work out most of them. There were quite a few I didn't use but they were mostly different fonts of the same words. I think Raille uses a set format with special goshawk added items.

I also found pictures of the full size on google which helped too.

Cheers
David

paulsf86 11-04-2012 10:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is picture of my T45 entered in the US Scalemasters competitions. It is basically a Global Jet Club T45 with mods for competition. All small markings and canopy detonation cords are from Ralle at Tailormade. Larger Markings are from Global Jet Club. Some paint masks came from local California company.

Paul S.