RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   AZ Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11295387-az-jets.html)

quist 11-12-2012 04:17 PM

AZ Jets

Is anyone going to Mesa this weekend for AZ Jets? they don't do any promotion on RCU.

tucson 11-12-2012 04:46 PM

RE: AZ Jets

thought about it. someone said it is mostly electrics. Being I have never been to any of their Jet rally's I am wondering if this is the case.

Stan

gearz 11-12-2012 04:55 PM

If it wasnt 80 degrees I would, Im freezing my butt off! We have a fun fly Dec 8 in Yuma. Dont know if ill make that either....110 degrees please hurry back. =[

Flynstuff 11-12-2012 05:37 PM

((((((If it wasnt 80 degrees I would, Im freezing my butt off! We have a fun fly Dec 8 in Yuma. Dont know if ill make that either....110 degrees please hurry back))))))

lol Thats funny right there....

Flynstuff 11-12-2012 05:38 PM

What field is it?

gearz 11-12-2012 05:48 PM

Mesa or Yuma? Mesa I don't know, Yuma is Yuma Aeromodelers airstrip. Now someone post the Mesa field so I dont feel like I just hijacked a thread... I searched and believe it may be Superstition Air Park per
[link]http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1136318[/link]

quist 11-12-2012 06:04 PM

Arizona model Aviators field in Mesa. Cross streets are Brown Ave and Meridian.

Wclays 11-12-2012 06:09 PM

I will be there. Missed last year due to family issues.

In the pass it has been about 30% EDF to Turbine. Times a changing.

Clay

bruff 11-12-2012 07:21 PM

It has been running 50-50 EDF to Turbine.  The EDF need to be able to fly the pattern.
Bob

jetflyr 11-12-2012 08:16 PM

ORIGINAL: quist

Is anyone going to Mesa this weekend for AZ Jets? they don't do any promotion on RCU.
At least 2 of us coming down from Colorado.
Turbines and high-power edf, what's not to like? :D
Greg

Flynstuff 11-12-2012 08:29 PM

Hope to make it.

speed is life 11-13-2012 07:32 AM

ORIGINAL: jetflyr

At least 2 of us coming down from Colorado.
Turbines and high-power edf, what's not to like? :D
Greg
I think Greg and I are both adhering to the 50/50 mix, one high power EDF and one turbine each.......
-Mike
<br type="_moz" />

quist 11-13-2012 01:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Wclays

Clay
Last year it was about 75% edf. I dont mind a larger EDF that can fly a normal pattern at speed. But if its a bunch of foamies I will be done early.

In the past this was a great event. I know alot of turbine guys that dont bring large scale jets because of the field's lack of overrun. But it is a huge runway with great sky. I am looking forward to a great day of flying.

Vincent 11-14-2012 04:43 AM

ORIGINAL: quist

ORIGINAL: Wclays

Clay
Last year it was about 75% edf. I dont mind a larger EDF that can fly a normal pattern at speed. But if its a bunch of foamies I will be done early.

In the past this was a great event. I know alot of turbine guys that dont bring large scale jets because of the field's lack of overrun. But it is a huge runway with great sky. I am looking forward to a great day of flying.
Me too Tony...i will be bringing my Sabre:)
Vin...

mr_matt 11-14-2012 09:39 AM

Can't make it this year but I went to this for maybe 6 years straight, it was the first big event I started going to.

Saw my first RAM there (met Rei and Albert when they were flying that original blue bandit), watched the Turbomin flaming starts, Sophia, I think even Vin was flying those big propane JPXs. Awesome memories.

bcovish 11-14-2012 10:34 AM

Matt
I was there also, that was a real BBQ. Like I always said, 99 perfect starts:), 1 bad start and that's the one everyone remembers.[:@]

paulsf86 11-14-2012 11:10 AM

Tony:

Will see you on the weekend. Packing trailer now and will drive over tonight. Also will have ZAP/Pauls Flying Stuff and Global Jet Club booth. Always a great event. Backdrop of mountains makes a special sky for flying. Great bunch of people too.

Paul S