RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   NEW PRODUCT IDEAS FOR 2013? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11350734-new-product-ideas-2013-a.html)

marc s 12-31-2012 07:12 AM

NEW PRODUCT IDEAS FOR 2013?

Hi to all the RCU community and hope 2012 has been a good and safe year.

During 2013 I am looking to launch a few new accessories, and whilst I have a few ideas in the pipeline myself I am looking for your input and suggestions as regular jet fliers and builders.

I would like the suggestions to be really functional, but remain relatively simple, they can be mechanical or electrically based, involve composites and cnc machinable parts.

The winning ideas will be rewarded with two free CAT's (Composite Air Trap) in sizes to suit you and the first full production version of the new accessory suggested following manufacture.

Suggestions can be posted on this thread or PM'd if you prefer.

Assuming one or two ideas are fully viable I will post a thread to show how the products are designed, tested and hopefully manufactured!

marcs

hooker53 12-31-2012 07:18 AM

RE: NEW PRODUCT IDEAS FOR 2013?

Marc. It's very simple. Those very small all plastic hatch latches that come on the Shock jets are almost impossible to find or buy. Make a very small one for all these 90/100/44 size jets that everyone is getting into and you would sell some I would think. Most of us are having to screw the canopy/hatch on and that's not good at the field.

invertmast 12-31-2012 07:21 AM

a 1/7 F-14D Tomcat... I even know a guy who has the molds to do the airframe :) lol

marc s 12-31-2012 08:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hooker interestingly I was playing about with small catches a few years ago, needs work but it was an attempt to make a simple snap in latch that could be opened using hiden pull release or servo - pics attached.

Do you have a link to show me the catch you mention in your post?

marcs

hooker53 12-31-2012 08:41 AM

Yep. You were on the right trac. The Shock jet latches are all plastic and smaller.

jetmodeller 12-31-2012 10:01 AM

Hi Marcs How about a cnc balancing C/G rig for the bigger jets,i have seen one but it was made in the states none made here in the UK,the type i have seen is the type that sits on two small flat plates under the model,will try to find it again regards Keith Whiddett

Robrow 12-31-2012 11:11 AM

My personal bugbear....hate making up fuel tank end caps...all that messing around with brass tubing, etc. A ready to fit cap complete with fuel tubes/pipes that does not involve pushing lethal large bore brass tubing through tiny holes in a rubber bung would be great.

Just a thought.

The hidden hatch catch would definately get my vote.

Rob.

corndog2 12-31-2012 11:31 AM

A neat overflow outlet with a very simple bung that goes in and out easily and when in or out looks neat on the bottom/side of the jet

madmodelman 12-31-2012 12:06 PM

That's a good idea Marc!

Sparhawk 12-31-2012 12:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Robrow

My personal bugbear....hate making up fuel tank end caps...all that messing around with brass tubing, etc. A ready to fit cap complete with fuel tubes/pipes that does not involve pushing lethal large bore brass tubing through tiny holes in a rubber bung would be great.

Just a thought.

The hidden hatch catch would definately get my vote.

Rob.

+1
Canopy latches is another great idea.

K-A 12-31-2012 01:47 PM

Hi Marc,
1, god and sturdy oleolegs for 90 mm fan models that works and survive grass handling, this mainly because many pilots convert this type of models to turbine jets.

2, simple brake systems that works on smaller models, type 90mm fan models.

BRG K-A Sweden

Thruster 12-31-2012 01:55 PM

ORIGINAL: jetmodeller

Hi Marcs How about a cnc balancing C/G rig for the bigger jets,i have seen one but it was made in the states none made here in the UK,the type i have seen is the type that sits on two small flat plates under the model,will try to find it again regards Keith Whiddett

Second that - running out of strong string and getting flat top fingers!

George 12-31-2012 02:37 PM

ORIGINAL: jetmodeller

Keith,

I think you're thinking of the EZ Balancer II.

http://dreamworksrc.com/catalog/ez-b...ii-p-1415.html

invertmast 12-31-2012 02:50 PM

A cockpit kit for a eurosport.

Dr Honda 12-31-2012 03:03 PM

Marc... the latches look great !!

corndog2 12-31-2012 03:16 PM

A clone of Jenifer Anniston for each and every one of us<div>
</div><div>And</div><div>
</div><div>A how to fly as good as Ali magic potion</div>

bluescoobydoo 12-31-2012 03:51 PM

what about small parts for making up your own cockpits, (just spent hours cutting small bits of plastic and balsa for my f16 cockpit) just so they look like switches buttons etc a good use for scrap pieces of material

pmerritt 12-31-2012 06:41 PM

How about Evolution and Horizon come right out with the 17cc 2 stroke gasser.  An April release for spring and summer flying would be awesome!

Jeremy_D 12-31-2012 06:44 PM

How about a custom RX mount. Simple Composite tray with composite feet and either a velcro strap or a composite strap that is held in with 2 bolts (similar to servo mount) This would make it easy to mount the RX anywhere in the fuse and keep it slightly raised to allow the servo leads to run underneath and into the RX.

Jame 01-01-2013 03:39 AM

Perhaps a GBR Jet Taxi / Start Up Tank made to the same high standard of the CAT's would get my vote :) I'd definitely be interested in buying rather than making one if it were of the same construction as the CAT's........shall I PM my address over Marc for the two free CAT's ;)......I need one at the moment for when I finally get my Futura order in :)

Jame

Jim Cattanach 01-01-2013 04:11 AM

I wish someone would start making trailing link landing gear in Europe for a range of jets. Sandor of Digitech used to, but stopped. At present, to get any, you have to order from the USA., which involves customs & VaT issues.
I am sure there would be plenty of customers, given reasonable prices.

Henke Torphammar 01-01-2013 04:43 AM

ORIGINAL: K-A

2, simple brake systems that works on smaller models, type 90mm fan models.

BRG K-A Sweden
Marc already has this option! The weight of the complete breakassembly with electronics is about 55grams.

snobird 01-01-2013 04:43 AM

A simple item that drives me nuts, why note airline connectors in multi colors not all white !!!!!!! Like the robart connectors.

Bob Toilet 01-01-2013 04:47 AM

I would like to get a nice holder for the BVM UAT. With side wall mount, or bottom mount.
I now use the CAT, but think the Festotubing is hard to fit on the CAT

jason 01-01-2013 05:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Bob Toilet

I would like to get a nice holder for the BVM UAT. With side wall mount, or bottom mount.
I now use the CAT, but think the Festotubing is hard to fit on the CAT

Like this one?